Grumpy gamblers

General fruit machine related chat, if it doesn't fit another category discuss it here..

How moody are you when losing?

I always hum a happy tune whilst remembering that I'm buying entertainment whatever the outcome.
17%
I tolerate losing money as I know I'm a winner in the long term.
50%
The side of my fist is perpetually sore, all the chairs in the arcade are bent into funny shapes and I need to extend my vocabularly of swear words.
23%
I neva loze az I iz a pro.
10%
I'm so allergic to losing, I carry a packet of Piriton with me at all times.
No votes

Total votes: 30

JG

Grumpy gamblers

Post by JG »

Some of us take the rough with the smooth and have a Zen like approach to the art of gambling. In AWP terms who is a cool cucumber and who is the slot brat of Fruit Chat?
thecannonball89

Post by thecannonball89 »

Machines get smashd, hands get smashd, chairs are flying, im not happy,
pickareel

Post by pickareel »

machines get covered in mcflurrys haha
i got more routes than loreal
harry2

Post by harry2 »

I've smashed a machine before,I've kicked over a few of those ashtrays and slammed many a door. I abused several staff also, mainly the foreign ones or called them "retards". I HATE losing and get VERY angry.
harry2

Post by harry2 »

When I was pissed one Christmas Eve, I put £40 straight through a machine with one losing board and filled my empty pint glass up with urine and emptied into the payout tray (not my finest hour).
mr lugsy

Post by mr lugsy »

i once struck a livewire machine for being guilty of"cheating" on an eleven 3 times on the trot,it went over backwards into an innocent old bigshot machine and a not so innocent cash explosion and all 3 went down off a single open palm :x
i immediately experienced a deep sense of dread,jesus h christ i was even working part time for the owner :roll: the arcade was busy and there was considerable spectator interest .
to say i had alot of heat would be a bit of an understatement but i kept my job :shock: ,the bigshot cabinet was in bits and the money was on the floor,miraculiosly the glasses were o.k ,cash explosion :lol: had a broken glass but was still sound(ish) and the bastard live wire was a picture of health.
i had to pay 180 quid repairs for the experience but it is a priceless memory of my stupid youth.
JG

Post by JG »

"I HATE losing and get VERY angry."

I had you down as a cool, calm, cucumber Harry.
harry2

Post by harry2 »

I need one of those anger management courses. I've now gotten into the habit of walking straight at cyclists on the pavement also, so a hospital visit can't be far away.
blackmogu

Post by blackmogu »

back in the days of dosh'n'pecks, there was a local rat who someone clued up, and he would go around doing them all.. he didn't know his sets though, and had to peer face-to-the-glass to work out his nudges. So, out of sour grapes at him beating us to another hit, we started putting vinegar on the reel panel. I still laugh when I think about his face now !!
trayhop123

Post by trayhop123 »

i dont get angry anymore, when i was in my teens/early 20s i used to get angry with the machines and/or argue my case with twat barstaff,,,,,, but i never had much money in those days ,,,,, when you get older and richer you seem to develop a much more laid back attitude to it all, 1 because you've got more cash, the pressure isnt there to get stressed over must wins on every bandit type scenarios, to pay the bills etc.

also as you get older you realise that you've allready been through it all. ie barrings kickings police trouble etc, and at 36 i dont want that lifestyle any more, so i dont think ive punched a bandit or got abusive to bar staff in at least 10-12 years .....

i prefer to turn the other cheek now, bite my tongue now, unless its a particularly irritating landlord, then i try to reason sensibly or try to out wit them,,,,,,, doesn't always work though.
case in point, a landlord said to me "i dont want you playing that any more son thats for my regulars " to which i replied how often do i come in here? he said 3-4 times a week, so i said that makes me a regular then dont it.,,,,,,,,, stil got barred :P

you'll find the only people who smash machines are those who couldn't afford to play them in the first place, when the outcome of win or loose means that they have done there nuts and have to wait till next payday etc, in debt etc ,,,,

its easier for most of us now to just take a huge loss on the chin because we've made ourselves rich from consistent play over the years .

i cant be too hypocriteical though because we've all been there once ,
Little discipline = BIG issue

trayhop123

Post by trayhop123 »

and no i cant spell hypocriteical :P

Drpepper

Post by Drpepper »

It's hard to get annoyed at a machine when you know it's gonna do you over but you play anyway, or you fuck something up, i just get annoyed at myself.

Also putting my foot through the cash box of a deal em when i was about 13 kinda scarred me for life.

It gave me pontoon about 3 times in 5 hands, for him to have pontoon too, so in my frustration gave it a kick, not remembering that the machine is 15 years old and brittle, and put my foot straight through the door. :o ops:.

They never to this day knew who it was :D .
betchrider

Post by betchrider »

Hypocritical?
The Duke of betchington Betchrider
trayhop123

Post by trayhop123 »

aaaaahhhhhhhhh cheers betch :)

ma71lda

Post by ma71lda »

I think I've mentioned about the time I skewered a machine with a stool........still tickles me. :lol:

Back in the day I had ferocious temper, getting angry with both myself and the machine. I must have looked a right tw*t pulling faces, cursing under my breath, threatening to chop the m/c into little bits. Yet there was only one person to blame.......me.

These days its not the be all and end all, manly because I don't get as involved as I once did. But there is one thing that infuriates me to this day - the f*cker who blatantly watches you lose waiting for you to leave. Now I have a way to combat this, find someone else playing a m/c in the pub tell them how much has gone in and that you have to leave - then watch the snakes face as he has to risk waiting a little while longer. :lol:

Only play with what you can afford to risk losing, that way it can't affect your mental ambience. :D