Moody gamblers

General fruit machine related chat, if it doesn't fit another category discuss it here..
JG

Moody gamblers

Post by JG »

Alright, alright calm down now.

I was reading a thread over there about Money Spider. I've probably put about £30 into Money Spider over all time and got about £29 back. However I've played the clones and variants and the one thing that **REALLY** annoys me is that stupid gamble on the cash ladder.

Do you get the urge just to really kick the shit out of it? Or do you feel relaxed, calm and enjoy the process of 'tedious losing'? Remember gambling is fun, you're buying fun ok? Ok. Just remember that. However that said.....COME FORWARD.

Who here is a bad tempered miserable button basher who starts whacking, punching, kicking, smashing, headbutting, spitting, swearing, maoning, complaining etc?

AND

What is your threshold?

Personally I find putting a quid into a Games Media thing and getting three losing gambles is enough to set me off. It takes a least a four superstrikes or a Mega Streak to calm me back down again AND IF I DON'T GET THAT AND GET ONE OF THOSE IRRITATING BOARDS THAT GOES <<10>> EXTRA BONUS (Add Again), <<9>> GAME OVER. Then that's it. That's war.

I think in light of this there is a design flaw. There should be a 'fight' button on the machine. The machine is programmed to fight back. If you feel things are unfair you can press the fight button and take it outside. There you can lay vent to the pent up anger, but beware - the machine might knock YOU out and take your wallet. It's your choice. At least the self destructive nature of soul destroying pointless 'playing' could climax with a physical manifestation of bruises, aches, pains, bloody noses, missing teeth. MISSING TEETH? That's going to cost a fortune. Flamin' dentists.

You'd wake up feeling mentally refreshed and aching all over.

"What's happened to you dear?"

"Oh nothing much. Ow. It's nothing compared to what I did to the...to the other guy."
jeffvickers

Post by jeffvickers »

New Machine on Test for Games Media. "JUGGLING JACKPOTS GOLD".
believe it, or not, looks exactly the same as Juggling Jackpots. The only Difference is its housed in the Bellfruit Eclipse Cabinet.

HOW FUCKING INNOVATIVE!

Every Analogue AWP they have released use that same stupid fucking board and that same fucking turbo gamble to get on board.
COASTERDESIGNERPRO1

Post by COASTERDESIGNERPRO1 »

...and they call them new machines!
kidgloves

Re: Moody gamblers

Post by kidgloves »

Jackpot George wrote:Alright, alright calm down now.

I was reading a thread over there about Money Spider. I've probably put about £30 into Money Spider over all time and got about £29 back. However I've played the clones and variants and the one thing that **REALLY** annoys me is that stupid gamble on the cash ladder.

Do you get the urge just to really kick the shit out of it? Or do you feel relaxed, calm and enjoy the process of 'tedious losing'? Remember gambling is fun, you're buying fun ok? Ok. Just remember that. However that said.....COME FORWARD.

Who here is a bad tempered miserable button basher who starts whacking, punching, kicking, smashing, headbutting, spitting, swearing, maoning, complaining etc?

AND

What is your threshold?

Personally I find putting a quid into a Games Media thing and getting three losing gambles is enough to set me off. It takes a least a four superstrikes or a Mega Streak to calm me back down again AND IF I DON'T GET THAT AND GET ONE OF THOSE IRRITATING BOARDS THAT GOES <<10>> EXTRA BONUS (Add Again), <<9>> GAME OVER. Then that's it. That's war.

I think in light of this there is a design flaw. There should be a 'fight' button on the machine. The machine is programmed to fight back. If you feel things are unfair you can press the fight button and take it outside. There you can lay vent to the pent up anger, but beware - the machine might knock YOU out and take your wallet. It's your choice. At least the self destructive nature of soul destroying pointless 'playing' could climax with a physical manifestation of bruises, aches, pains, bloody noses, missing teeth. MISSING TEETH? That's going to cost a fortune. Flamin' dentists.

You'd wake up feeling mentally refreshed and aching all over.

"What's happened to you dear?"

"Oh nothing much. Ow. It's nothing compared to what I did to the...to the other guy."
Now it's been a while since a post made me chuckle. You hit the mark there.
I feel a FIGHT button would be very helpful on an awful lot of machines these days. A few more buttons wouldn't go amiss either.
SHARK - this needs to be remote activated by the sharking player and will lock the machine upon the current player leaving it until you arrive. The machine will also alert the current player to your sharking mode and give them additional button options to counter you such as :
OAP : There will be a 20 second cool off period in between each spin and any feature boards will have 30 seconds thinking time between each move.
GASH OR BUST : Take your scraggy £3 or get a 10 second eyeful of some fit birds vitals in the pub when the machine releases the lock to the x ray specs attached to the side of the machine.
BRB : A two minute window to go and take a piss/dump which locks the machine.
FLOAT MUNTER : Run out of coins and notes ? This baby will solve all your problems issuing you with an i.o.u. which must be paid at the bar on finishing with the machine.
Confucius say "man who know wombat know more than stupid looking monkey"
MrRed

Post by MrRed »

jeffvickers wrote:New Machine on Test for Games Media. "JUGGLING JACKPOTS GOLD".
believe it, or not, looks exactly the same as Juggling Jackpots. The only Difference is its housed in the Bellfruit Eclipse Cabinet.

HOW FUCKING INNOVATIVE!

Every Analogue AWP they have released use that same stupid fucking board and that same fucking turbo gamble to get on board.
Got one near me i posted a thread on it in misc manu's
What a joke i mean how many more of these shite clones can they keep churning out
I cannot believe some people on here who are clued up on reds etc play these :shock:
Mattb

Post by Mattb »

We only moan about these because they are shit :P

If we're talking about innovation, what about every other manu who does the same but we like? For example:

X Rated
DNA
CCP
GADD

Panther
Cluedo
Monopoly
Rovers

As long as they make money, they'll keep churning out re-hashes of the same machine.
"Sixty percent of the time, it works, every time!"
mooster

Post by mooster »

Haha, this thread did give me a giggle... Nothing worse than 50p... 7... 50p... 7... 50p... 7... Naff all. The other annoyance is when you manage to gamble on that bonus to get 'advance', can't use it straight away because of the arrow next to the Bonus square, then spin to Game Over... Or, you get past Game Over only to go to another square with an exit arrow inside it... Then you spin straight onto a ?. Joy!
Whilst on the subject of shit machines... Playing a 'classic' DOND today at Fratton train station, three phones, £1 or MS, offered £23 and dealt - didn't want to push my luck!
Drpepper

Post by Drpepper »

MrRed wrote:
jeffvickers wrote:New Machine on Test for Games Media. "JUGGLING JACKPOTS GOLD".

HOW FUCKING INNOVATIVE!

Got one near me i posted a thread on it in misc manu's
What a joke i mean how many more of these shite clones can they keep churning out
I cannot believe some people on here who are clued up on reds etc play these :shock:
This is what separates the addicts from the players.(Note i'm not saying all people that play them are addicts just the better players would only play them at opportune times).
toby

Re: Moody gamblers

Post by toby »

&quot wrote:
Jackpot George wrote:Alright, alright calm down now.

FLOAT MUNTER : Run out of coins and notes ? This baby will solve all your problems issuing you with an i.o.u. which must be paid at the bar on finishing with the machine.

hmm... but if you.. won shit loads with this i o u :p u drop the coinz.. then get the fuck outa the pub leaving the iou there!!

Toby
So wat i cnt spel hu givs? :P
CARDSHARK007

Post by CARDSHARK007 »

I remember years ago my m8 twatted a coliseum and smashed the front of it, he hit it that hard it went thru ffs! it was in a beefeater in wales it was so funny i swear! subsequently we got ejected from the pub, and the manager foned the cops :lol:
Stevie S

Post by Stevie S »

Thier was one fella (meant to be a pro player) who set fire to a fruity that had him off £250. im sure it was in a holiday inn or somethink. It was on the news a couple or years ago he ended up setting the whole place on fire causing £2million worth of damage. Think he got about 3-4years for it.
PMK

Post by PMK »

Yeah that was some guy in a service station me thinks. Can't remember which one mind.
ma71lda

Post by ma71lda »

I remember that news story, lucky he never wiped out a few families.

In my younger days I was a bad tempered f*cker and about 8 years ago a Rich Geezer robbed me blind (block at mix n match anyone?) so I lost me rag and launched a stool through it and dustied as fast as I could for about a mile. Glass went every where and it felt like time stood still, sad really cause there was a WWTBAL next to it, 2 machines which went on to become good earners down the line.
Hangman21

Post by Hangman21 »

The service that was set on fire was the on the M62 next to Manchester.

If you ever played machines in there you will know why he did it.

If you are travelling M62 East, park in the services car park and there is a good pub(sizzlers i think) through a gap in the fence. It used to have a Pie Factory that always played brilliantly.

Alot better than the services anyway.
toby

Post by toby »

Stevie S wrote:Thier was one fella (meant to be a pro player) who set fire to a fruity that had him off £250. im sure it was in a holiday inn or somethink. It was on the news a couple or years ago he ended up setting the whole place on fire causing £2million worth of damage. Think he got about 3-4years for it.
hmm 4 years for.. 250! :O i wish i could do that :d haha11 what a belend!
So wat i cnt spel hu givs? :P