does anyone spare a thought...

General fruit machine related chat, if it doesn't fit another category discuss it here..
Scott

does anyone spare a thought...

Post by Scott »

... for casual players who want a bit of fun for there money?? i emptied a power 5 yesterday, and left just £2 in the hopper, and after me and my mate had finished we had a game of pool, by this time a lad mid 20's walks in and starts ploughing coins in, so i did the right thing and said i've just won a fair bit on that mate but he just carried on, he was putting up too £15 in for a board and losing after a few presses on the board, after doing all the coins he had on him he started changing notes, the poor lad only had one pint, done all his money and left, there was £70 in it by the time he'd done that took me just over an hour too get out.

when i think back over the years as too the state some machines are in after they have been done, things like a ceasers palace that you left not numbering, a pie factory that won't offer over £2, mortal wombat costing £30 for a board, reds are vile when they have been done, and power 5 is just so vile its untrue, must be a nightmare for someone who actually wants too win enough for a free pint, or do you just think f&ck em, they should'nt play em?
Cobwebs 👆
harry 3

Post by harry 3 »

I don't know how people play machines with no value for money. If they are set to play at, say, 80% at 30p play, and a conservative five spins a minute (taking boards into consideration) its going to cost you £18 per hour for your entertainment, which is a bit steep compared to other "leisure" activities. The "players" need others to fill AWP's up for them but the casual punter doesn't want to get ripped off. 90% payouts should be the minimum before all the mechanical machines are replaced by video slots. Real skill features would be a welcome step back in the right direction also and would encourage play.
Stevie S

Post by Stevie S »

in Extreme's case a few times like that losing stupid money and gettin nowere will eventually put them off them full stop or just start putting less and less in. Not everyone.
Cardinal Sin

Post by Cardinal Sin »

I was in a pub yesterday and took about 60 quid out of an unchipped p5 (it was playing terribly) and then played the quizzer.

A guy comes in, buys a beer and starts putting money into the p5. About 10 quid and 1 minute later he was asking for change at the bar.

I felt genuinely sorry for the guy (bit silly having a conscience when playing machines but there you go) so I was going to go over and tell him that there was little point in playing it - when I noticed he got on the board, and lo and behold - managed to get the DOND feature. He obviously didn't however know what was behind his box - despite much peering. He then changed more money and lost loads - despite getting a few DONDs. Eventually, he got a 20 quid (by luck more than anything else) and walked out looking mighty pissed off.

I guess a little knowledge is a dangerous thing!
JG

Post by JG »

The perfect game is one that allows slim player advantage, but plays a good game for all. I feel very confident I could design such a profile which would be entertaining, yet rewarding for those prepared to put in the time and effort. Power 5 and Pie factory are extreme examples of where punters will be 'so skint and demoralised'.
If I were ever to program in a backdoor cheat, heaven forbid, it'd be a 2% skim max capacity holding area, not a main value ripper.
£5000 in plays and a crafty 1'er awaits!
Doesn't really make a jot of difference to the main game and should be obtainable on a £250 hopper.
Not that I'd cheat. I'm too honest for that, but if I was going to cheat - that's how!
How the hell people still have unchipped p5s in the Midlands gawd only knows, lucky sods, I gave up looking months ago, I think my last win stopper vanished very early October.

My game would be reasonably unpredicatable, thought provoking and slickly presented. No irritating ten second long samples that go "Ha ha ha ha ha <<<screeeeeammm>>" when you lose.

They'd be people queuing up to play them. So there.
Stevie S

Post by Stevie S »

I know the wereabouts of both unchipped P5 and Pie factory! Pie factory aswell! both directly opposite each other. Not my type of pubs tho.
Cardinal Sin

Post by Cardinal Sin »

There's an unchipped pie factory in the bookies in North Berwick if anyone can be arsed!

I'
bowie

Post by bowie »

Is that p5 local to you Cardinal or do you fancy sharing locations? Do you know if the one you told me about in that PM is regularly battered?
betchrider

Post by betchrider »

i think its tough shit if they dont know there stuff i think weve all done our bollocks when we dont know the score.Theres an unchipped giant gems in lings in lincoln if anyone wants it
harry 3

Post by harry 3 »

If everyone gets shafted after the value has been ripped from a machine noone is going to play them anymore = less or no profit.
Cardinal Sin

Post by Cardinal Sin »

bowie wrote:Is that p5 local to you Cardinal or do you fancy sharing locations? Do you know if the one you told me about in that PM is regularly battered?
It is reasonably local but I don't think it's got long left.

I'm not sure how battered the one I told you about is, but I'm sure it is reasonably so. Unbelievably, it's still there - even though it has been there for months and months and every player in Glasgow must know of its existence.
Istenem

Post by Istenem »

occasionally i see kids playing the swps with their pocket money. it makes me feel bad to go on after them and win especially if they hang around and say "wow you're weally good mister".
but anyone else is fair game.
nobody ever wins on those things.
Scott

Post by Scott »

Streakypoos wrote: How the hell people still have unchipped p5s in the Midlands gawd only knows, lucky sods, I gave up looking months ago

I gave up looking for them months ago too, just happened too have a pool match there last week and found it, went in a pub earlier too try a SMTM thats with a power 5 and even though it was gamestech i still tried it..... chipped, but you never know, i'm sure there are still a few knocking around from the ''lesser companies''
Cobwebs 👆
uber-pro

Post by uber-pro »

Back on topic there is a morality question involved, but dont think for a second that the punter who's just lost his 70 odd in the P5 would hesitate in doing it if he knew how.

Thats always made me feel ok.
ma71lda

Post by ma71lda »

It is all about morals and ethics. If somebody jumps on a machine I will tell them if I've taken £100 out but it cost me £60, it makes no odds to me. Then its their choice whether to carry on or not.

But it begs the question - would they tell me if the shoe was on the other foot?