power supply wiring infomation needed

General fruit machine related chat, if it doesn't fit another category discuss it here..
mickums

power supply wiring infomation needed

Post by mickums »

I have a mazooma stir crazy machine .[bell fruit] the power supply packed up. it was a sanken gsko17ha. I have managed to purchase a sanken spso77w power supply which has the same power outlets but in a different configuration to the plugs. its very difficult to follow the cables . on the new power supply there is a sketch showing what cables are giving what power. but to change them for my machine I need to know the configuration for the stir crazy machine. has anyone got a copy of this they can show me. there is a label in the bottom of the machine showing this but it is now unreadable . regards mick
buzzer

Post by buzzer »

you shouldn't need to change anything
mickums

Post by mickums »

when I first got the power supply, I checked the power as shown on the side of casing, and got exactly what was shown. but on plugging in the machine, it does not try to load, and only three of the four power lights on the board are lit, so I was assuming that although the volts were the same, that the wiring of the two plugs was configured for a different machine ?
buzzer

Post by buzzer »

you can use a scorp 4 power supply in a scorp 5 machine and vice-versa.
some bellfruit club machines are wired diffrent, but only the 34v lamp supply.

then you would only move two red wires over two places.
but that is unusual
DREW

Post by DREW »

I've got two Mazooma's here now (Scorpion 4 systems) but both have Stadium SEA series psu's fitted.
I'm a bit confused by what you bought, i'm not familiar with seeing one in any Mazooma.
Is the machine around 2004? 2005?
mickums

Post by mickums »

hi drew, when I bought the machine it was working and had a sanken gsko17ha power supply with a scorpion 4 board. I don't know when the machine was made as I can not find any reference to "stir crazy" on any website.
do you know, or have you a drawing showing the wire configuration to the power supply. the new power supply I bought shows the same power outputs but as I have said I think the wire configuration may be different. you say your mazoomas have a different power supply.so maybe this one has been changed at some point. but with not having a manual there's no way I can check. mick
mickums

Post by mickums »

hi drew, when I bought the machine it was working and had a sanken gsko17ha power supply with a scorpion 4 board. I don't know when the machine was made as I can not find any reference to "stir crazy" on any website.
do you know, or have you a drawing showing the wire configuration to the power supply. the new power supply I bought shows the same power outputs but as I have said I think the wire configuration may be different. you say your mazoomas have a different power supply.so maybe this one has been changed at some point. but with not having a manual there's no way I can check. mick