DEMO Mode ... Arrrrhh

General fruit machine related chat, if it doesn't fit another category discuss it here..
bogz2000

DEMO Mode ... Arrrrhh

Post by bogz2000 »

I recently bought a Vivid (Aka Barcrest) Fifty Fifty machine.

I have had loads of problems but seem to have sorted all bar this pesky demo-free play mode.

Everywhere i read its states this is due to the door switches not operating correctly, however on running test mode it show correct operation of both swicthes.

On restarting the machine is states DOOR 98.00 (I beleive this means door error/open and % set at 98%)

Can anyone help me get this damn machine back into normal play please :)
bogz2000

Post by bogz2000 »

A little more detailed information, on running test mode "switches" i get indication for both top and bottom door when the doors are in the open position. Is this correct?

On opening bottom door the cashpot screen indicates "95" and on opening top door it indicates "69". Hope this helps :)
lee

Post by lee »

It looks like a door switch wired incorrectly
bogz2000

i hate door switches..............

Post by bogz2000 »

lee wrote:It looks like a door switch wired incorrectly
I have tried wiring the door switches both normally closed and normally open, and tried with both switches in all combinations of positions but to no avail.

I keep getting told that it looks like a door switch but i cant see how, as the test mode shows both door switches operating correctly, with the correct indications.

Does anyone know what actually puts it into test/demo mode. Is it the MPU5 unit, could this be defective. If so can i replace it with any MPU5 unit or does it have to be the one specific to this machine?

Unfortunately if i don't get any closer soon, i think it will have to go, its starting to drive me mad. To get so close but yet be so far away is driving me mad.

Don't suppose anyone local to Hampshire fancies a cuppa and biscuits (or substitute that for beer :) ) and pop round and show me what tiny little thing im missing lol :)
bogz2000

Post by bogz2000 »

Fixed :) - Machine now fully back up and running like it was out of the factory..........almost, just need to replace the 100 (or at least that what it feels like) bulbs that are out lol. The culprit was a faulty microswitch on the lock mechanism switch. Didn't even know that switch existed and found it by total accident :) Happy Nigel :) Does anyone know where the best place to get replacement bulbs is, im looking for around 50 of both large and small bulbs, are they standard bulbs or do they have to be specific fruit machine bulbs?
buzzer

Post by buzzer »

there specific for fruit machines, your after fruit machine wedge and miniwedge bulbs.

i would check ebay, look for an engineers selling them on the side, they are not that cheap...
bogz2000

Post by bogz2000 »

buzzer wrote:there specific for fruit machines, your after fruit machine wedge and miniwedge bulbs.

i would check ebay, look for an engineers selling them on the side, they are not that cheap...
Brilliant thank you