JPM snakes and ladders fruit machine.

General fruit machine related chat, if it doesn't fit another category discuss it here..
Woppy69

JPM snakes and ladders fruit machine.

Post by Woppy69 »

Hi there everyone.
I'm hoping to pick someone's brains about a problem I have with a JPM snakes and ladders fruit machine (approx 1996).
The problem is when I power up nothing happens. I'm sure it's not power related as the lights come on the reels and the battery bit. A light shows on the main board when the PC boards are removed, so I think it may be related to that. These are all relatively new as the ones I got it with didn't work. It used to work but have not used it for a while. Hope someone can help.

Best wishes.

Woppy
buzzer

Post by buzzer »

JPM impact technology if one of the most difficult machines to fault find on, (trumphed only by maygays epoch garbage imho).

you could have either:

1: faulty psu
2: faulty motherboard
3: faulty sound board/ chips
4: faulty processor board
5: faulty gamecard/chips

The fact that your getting some leds on suggest (but by no means rules out) that the power supply is ok.

A common problem with these machines is that the battery leaks and damages the the processor board, have a look around that and see if there's any sign of corrosion.

I been working on a few of these impact machines recently, sometimes is a matter of swopping out parts with known good parts until the fault dissapears...
Woppy69

Post by Woppy69 »

Thanks for the advice, I thought all boards etc are new I. Will try and swap them around and see what happens. I will check the battery as you suggest. Will keep you posted thanks again.
Woppy
buzzer

Post by buzzer »

boards won't be new, those machines are obsolete, stopped making parts for them many years ago..
Woppy69

Post by Woppy69 »

Hi again, wasn't a new board then but a different one then the one I got with the machine. After taking your advice i had a little fiddle about,I loosened the mount that holds the battery down and pulled it out slightly to have a look. Couldn't really see much wrong,that was without taking the casing of that covers the battery on. I tried putting the power back on, and what sounded like an "alarm" went off and the status light came on but nothing else happened. The game card seemed to be a bit loose maybe why it didn't fire up. Tried turning power off and on again, Nothing, any ideas?

Best wishes Woppy
pager

Post by pager »

Most of the problems on these Impacts are the Processor card.Nightmare to find working too.
The Beast Is Gonna Pay...
proc9066

Post by proc9066 »

Woppy69

Try this forum. Mpu Mecca they have some experts on there, who are always willing to help. Try taking battery off prog card and fire up. Just cut it off or desolder if confident. Easy to reconnect.