Playing In Pairs

General fruit machine related chat, if it doesn't fit another category discuss it here..
Ruler of The World

Playing In Pairs

Post by Ruler of The World »

Is going on 'runs' with other players a good idea? Does it not heat things up a bit?

Here is my take on things, firstly, the advantages and disadvantages:

Advantages:
1. If 2 of you go in, you're less likely to be 'hassled' especially if you're having a conversation as it would mean the person/people would have to interrupt.
2. Both of you don't have to go in, 1 of you can and you can alternate so that if 1 gets barred it doesn't mean both of you are unless there are mitigating circumstances such as the person barring you knowing you are associated.
3. It looks more like a social thing, less likely to seem like 1 guy out to do a job on the pub and go. More like 2 lads out having a drink and a punt.
4. You can't play pool alone! This can lead to time wasting but in 'fire' pubs it can be very beneficial to waste a bit of time doing something other than just playing the fruit(s) and leaving.
5. You can always make out you suddenly need to leave as a pair, its more difficult alone.
6. An extra body can hide things you don't want to show a nosey publican.
7. Fuel expenses halved.
8. Companionship.

Disadvantages:
1. Having to split the pot
2. If you do both go in to a place and you both get barred, the pub is lost out on for 2 individuals rather than 1.
3. Some people think a pair of lads coming in is much hotter than 1, making it MORE likely to land yourselves in trouble.
4. Double cost on drinks/meals - bad when the machine is likely not to be a big raise.
5. Having to trust someone on judgement calls and general pot theft...
6. If your partner is blocking it can seem like he is hiding theft/dodgy activity.
7. If your partner is an annoying cunt - he can be annoying... more and more so as time passes...
8. You are sharing a route, if you fall out, your route is now completely known by a new, determined enemy who thinks he has just as much right to do it as you!

Do the advantages outweigh the disadvantages? Not sure. Let's see what you think!
ob

Post by ob »

I think you covered it all there tbh! Whether the advantages outweigh the disadvantages is purely subjective as some people would value some aspects higher than others.

Greed etc come into the equation for a lot but when your a seasoned player with decent amounts to your name most lose that, although due to the nature of gamblers most still end up skint anyway, just from personal experience. To that end I would imagine most on here to have less than 5 figure bankrolls.
Glendale

Post by Glendale »

I go on my own local but always team up with andy on a run as trust him totally! We tend to switch on dodgy pubs and seems to work well!
I am Glendale, much better than you!
Roll_With_It_Russ

Post by Roll_With_It_Russ »

I read the title as "playing in paris", expected a thread from redlinesman including the usual suspects including the chief.
AMK

Post by AMK »

OB has a six figure bankroll from Spinwalls alone, don't even get me started on HiloGambler lol.
... Join The Party!
Glendale

Post by Glendale »

Even though im meant to have 1000 contacts i prob have 5 people i trust! Its a hard life as said at the start! Been shit on many times, if honest a few of us have, hard learning curve!
I am Glendale, much better than you!
ob

Post by ob »

I think I get more luck than you Rob these days... I dunno though.... did have a few tonkings on pure pots which you never had...
AMK

Post by AMK »

Pure pots is the new machine X. They are just so phat with a capital P.
... Join The Party!
feeder22

Post by feeder22 »

It's all in the speed, Still a punt mind.
He isn't right of course, he just thinks he is.
AMK

Post by AMK »

That arcade in Exeter had real bad luck, a rainbow king is replaced by an AServe, lol.
... Join The Party!
titchno1

Post by titchno1 »

i love pure pots!
johncluedo

Post by johncluedo »

What's good about pure pots?
feeder22

Post by feeder22 »

AMK wrote:That arcade in Exeter had real bad luck, a rainbow king is replaced by an AServe, lol.
A turned off one.
feeder22

Post by feeder22 »

Oh and it's an Abet not an Aserve. Get your cabs right mr king of arcades.
titchno1

Post by titchno1 »

johncluedo wrote:What's good about pure pots?
it loves giving leps!