Pub Food

General fruit machine related chat, if it doesn't fit another category discuss it here..
Ruler of The World

Pub Food

Post by Ruler of The World »

The thing about pub food is, you know its just a heating up job, whatever it is. Steaks that are ready in 10 minutes, everything else out of a frozen package... what scares me is when a supposedly decent establishment like an Ember Inns has 2 meals for less than £10, you wonder about the quality of what you're eating. I'd rather pay more as long as it doesn't taste like I've been ripped off!

Anyone had those burgers at Wetherspoons where the bun literally disintegrates while you attempt to eat it without spilling its contents all over yourself? I don't like there to be ultra thick lumps of meat in these burgers, especially with the taste of those things! I get the feeling that's the 'beef' of eyes, snot, bone, probably a bit of shit in there too for good measure as it certainly doesn't taste like a good cut of meat.

I do like a bit of lamb, minted or a lamb shank, also a big fan of mash, beats chips any day.

I'm rather hungry now, stomach rumbling... Embers stopped the minted lamb ages ago, I used to torture myself and play Stack Attack in 1 of their establishments just to have that dish... Rarely won.

Out of interest, how do we like our steaks cooked on here? And what kind, fillet, sirloin or rump? I'm a fillet person who likes his done medium.
mr lugsy

Post by mr lugsy »

i like sirloin or fillet rare, don't see many pub menu's i go to have fillet on them though lol

hungry horse is quite reasonably priced and you're guaranteed a mahoosive plate load.

i like a minted lamb shank too but which pub chains don't use powdered potatoes?
Plumy2k

Post by Plumy2k »

Sirloin done medium. Gotta be a good one tho. Lamb chops r the way forward In my opinion.
feeder22

Post by feeder22 »

mmmmm.... lamb.

Had a lamb stew in one of those 2-4-1's the other week.

It was that nice I wanna do the 300 odd mile round trip just to have another bowl or two!
He isn't right of course, he just thinks he is.
Ruler of The World

Anyone here tried the chicken wings at Papa John's Pizza? Best ones on the market as far as I'm concerned.
mr lugsy

Post by mr lugsy »

papa johns were on that food inspectors programme last week for routinely leaving raw chicken out of the fridge to make it easier for them to get to
BFK

Post by BFK »

Fillet and medium rare. Can't stand any fat or veins or boingy bits in my steak.

The bellapais restaurant in Colchester does the best steak I've ever tasted.

I highly recommend it.

Lamb for me is to fatty, I just like to cut into things and eat, not spend to long seperating flabby grissell!!!
Ruler of The World

If only you really were what's on your avatar BFK, I'd take you for that steak and you'd be sure to only see my fat and veins when you're benchpressing me above you in the sack afterwards! LOL
trayhop123

Post by trayhop123 »

also depends on ,,,,,,,, how hungry you are , and wether your good day/bad day justifies the cost etc ,,,,,,,,,,, slotting makes you make funny decisions

im not talking about if your out with the family , ,,,,,,,,, just out on a normal slotting day goin halves with ya m8

*HAVING A SHIT DAY MENU* ,,,,, spoons breakfast,,,,, then later ,,,,,,,,, 4quid (ahmed crumbly bread) spoons burger chips n drink deal ,,,,,,,,,,,, you were gonna spend 2quid on a drink anyhow , so might aswell add 2quid more for the food (top tip' ,,,,, have the chicken burger instead of the beef for the same price, its a lot better) ,,,,,,,,,,,,then last thing at night when your heading home ,, a taliban fried 3quid box of very suspect chicken ,,,,,,,,,, *TOTAL COST APROX 10-12quid*

*HAVING AN AVERAGE DAY MENU* ,,, spoons breakfast,,,,, ,,,, later on spoons rump or lge mixed grill ,,,,,,,,,,,,, then heading home with mcdonalds *TOTAL COST APROX 25-30quid*

*HAVING A TOP DAY MENU* ,,,,,,, spoons breakfast,,,,,,,, later on a nice fillet steak meal in leicester square in the restaurant next to the empire cinema ,,,,, heading home with services burger king and extortionate but couldn't give a monkeys fuck overpriced ginsters *TOTAL COST APROX 50-60quid*

my personnel steak ,,,,,, hmmm rump pepper'd and well done
Little discipline = BIG issue

Scott

Post by Scott »

Horse burger, yummy.
Cobwebs 👆
BFK

Post by BFK »

Even if have a shit day I'll still eat what I fancy.

Life's to short to scrimp on food if u fancy something decent. Likewise, if u fancy a kebab and cheesy chips for a tenner after a good day then don't bin it off for a 3 course meal!!!
Oscar

Post by Oscar »

In all honesty I can't remember the last time I ate a burger, be it in a fast-food outlet or an eaterie. I just won't touch them.

In years gone by when I've been 'working' hard in a particularly lucrative phase, there were occasions when i'd find myself dining in fancy establishments, but again to be perfectly honest most of the time I simply wouldn't stop to eat, and would often find that alcohol and/or recreational intoxicants would get me through the day and i'd realise that I hadn't eaten anything by the end of it. Sometimes I would buy a sandwich and eat it even though I didn't feel hungry, but knew I needed to eat if that makes sense.

I've never been a fan of eating on the move, but I can fully endorse Marks and Spencers if you want a sandwich or fresh fruit etc.

P.S Steak.... Seasoned then 'sealed' in a pan then straight in the oven. Medium rare, it's the only way....
Roll_With_It_Russ

Post by Roll_With_It_Russ »

any real prunter would just admit being to full of pop to eat properly.
Scott

Post by Scott »

King Henry taverns do a decent steak.
Cobwebs 👆
BFK

Post by BFK »

Anyone tried those steakhouses(I think that's what they're called) all over London?