Thoughts of other gamblers/players policies

General fruit machine related chat, if it doesn't fit another category discuss it here..
sir ratholer

Thoughts of other gamblers/players policies

Post by sir ratholer »

Am I the only one amused at the ideas of others in this game?

For a start, the 'Kentish Button Breaker' appears to think that by breaking buttons people will stop playing. An idea that's more than hilarious. Only thing he's doing is stopping himself from winning.

Another idea that I find strange is an 'area agreement'. Now in times gone by I've also been a victim of this idea, thinking it was a good idea to try and implement with another gambler. But firstly it falls down on the basis that most players are untrustworthy. Secondly, when you consider the amount of money you are sacrificing by avoiding an area, it's usually a poor EV decision financially. If you take £400 a week out of an area and a local player offers you an area agreement, is that worth £20k a year? I doubt it. It makes the pally 'let me know when you're coming here so I can leave (aka burn) things for you comment a bit silly to take seriously too.

Also, playing partners. I know we've talked about this before but you've got to seriously value companionship to make this a viable option. Personally I enjoy playing on my own to get my own space each day, I can go home when I want, go into what pubs I want, drink what I want, eat what I want, listen to whatever I want in the car, don't have to deal with the aggro another person in the car involves. The only way I think this is a decent option is if you either split up in each area to cover 2x the pubs in the same time, or go in seperate cars.

Another favourite of players is when they see you, they try and make out they cover x y and z areas. Or player 1 is out today, he's here. Player 2 is out today, he's there, etc...by the time they've finished it makes you think you need to travel 100 miles to find a machine worth playing! Alternatively you can just take it with a pinch of salt. Usually they are also similar to the 'controller', who phones you up regularly to ask you where you've been, where you're going and to ask, if i leave you (a, b and c - pubs that he probably did yesterday, or earlier that day), can you leave me d, e and f pubs.

And taking on machines when they're not ready? WTF?! Why on earth would you waste your time and money doing that? If it was to burn a machine in the knowledge you'll break even then I could understand that, but to lose (sometimes vast amounts depending on your choice of machine)? That's just stupid.
Bored of the grind.
gambogaz1

Post by gambogaz1 »

You might be surprised to hear that there are trust worthy players around. Why play against each other when you can save time and hassle working together ?

It's not hard to catch someone out, it only takes a few test visits to find stuff not done that's supposed to be done or vice versa, I got out with a playing partner, he drives and I'm the pisshead, helps to keep down the fire, but we also stay in contact with another couple of local players, There's certain pubs we leave to each other and others are like 50/50. Certainly seemed to have benefited from it, not had a loss day for quite some time now.

It's all about trust I suppose, propably harder in areas where there's a lot of players covering the same place.
betchrider wrote:You go upto a bird and grab her quim and say "im gonna knock the fuck outta this" and see what happens
Been-Grant-Mitchell'd!

Post by Been-Grant-Mitchell'd! »

You know my thoughts on some players and some of the tricks and whatnot Dan.

I'd say to you to go where you want, and whenever you want.

Many times I've blown a fuse at someone else when it was down to my own paranoia.

Some people- not just players - will try and screw someone over, it's in t
Their nature. Many players tend to associate all rivals as bad people, yet when they get to know their adversaries, they'll find they're not as bad as they thought they were.

By the way, I'm still waiting for those fruits you said you'll send me!
sir ratholer

Post by sir ratholer »

For sure mate, definitely first come first served.

I try and give everyone a fair chance although most people (not all) make me wish I was more sceptical than I originally was. I also think the south east is a particularly bad place for it. I'm sure you and I know who the culprits are!

Wasn't avoiding those lists, give me a few days and I'll text them to you, just finishing compiling the latest edition of my lists!
Bored of the grind.
AMK

Post by AMK »

For Christ's sake. Don't go on Sparrow's patch.
... Join The Party!
feeder22

Post by feeder22 »

99.9% of players are cunts - straight up simple as.
were monies involved whether it's £1 or £1000 you will get fucked over. Most have attitudes and think they're owed summit out of life......
He isn't right of course, he just thinks he is.
titchno1

Post by titchno1 »

Welcome back. Brought a bit off life back to the forum with you aswell.
The landlord

Post by The landlord »

I find it hard 2 believe any1 is making £400 EVERY wk or anything close, sure u can hit a streak not go wrong for a few wks, but in the long run every 1 who plays machines, be it fruits or the bookie machines loses and any1 saying other wise is a bullshitter.....
Scott

Post by Scott »

Correct!!!!
Cobwebs 👆
sir ratholer

Post by sir ratholer »

the landlord wrote:i find it hard 2 believe any1 is making £400 every wk or anything close, sure u can hit a streak not go wrong for a few wks, but in the long run every 1 who plays machines, be it fruits or the bookie machines loses and any1 saying other wise is a bullshitter.....
qft
Bored of the grind.
Scott

Post by Scott »

Quite Fuckin True?
Cobwebs 👆
sir ratholer

Post by sir ratholer »

Quoted for truth, although your translation works just as well :)
Bored of the grind.
AMK

Post by AMK »

Fruit Chat just isn't the same since Kesh stopped posting now :( he's a cunt but funny to read his posts lol.
... Join The Party!
Real Pro gamer

Post by Real Pro gamer »

Quite true mister landlord, now where did u say you'd pub was and what was it called as u didn't reply to me when I asked u in a previous thread
The landlord

Post by The landlord »

I did reply, I said, I didn't say where it was.. Don't know any1 on here so it don't make diff where it is, it's in Glasgow..