carvery pubs.

General fruit machine related chat, if it doesn't fit another category discuss it here..
thecannonball89

carvery pubs.

Post by thecannonball89 »

was working today, dont normaly work weekends. Anyway got hungry and decided to pop in a new carvery thats opend up. Leps gold 8 in no board. £6.15 sounds fair. Sat down and relised that i had 1 slice of each meat. a few roasts that were warm and some hard veg. Is there anywere witch is value for money nowdays? For the price of a kebab nowdays i can get a nice bit of steak from the butchers and eat like a king.
quizard

Post by quizard »

I've always found Crown Carveries okay. Beef, Gammon or Turkey or any combo wit Yorkshires. You help yourself to veggies as much as you can eat and go back for seconds.

£3.99. If you join their Facebook page they are aways having special offers.
johncluedo

Post by johncluedo »

Crown carveries are pony!!
AMK

Post by AMK »

I won't eat at anything with less than a 5 star hygiene rating. After contracting Salmonela poisoning from Nandos.
... Join The Party!
Roll_With_It_Russ

Post by Roll_With_It_Russ »

Carverys, cheap and well that about it, I don't understand the appeal of warm food thats been sitting about drying out for a good while.

Nandos... whatever the lot, it might be cheap but you can get a darn site better meal at an independant resturant with decent service and clean cutlery and glasses at least, how they fuck they keep getting people in there just grilling chicken and putting on some spicy sauce i'll never know. Been in there a couple of times, how come twice you ask?, well I phoned up their customer helpline the first time I went in to tell them how dirty and skanky their shithole resturant was with luke warm soft fries and dried out chicken, all you want drink for a fixed price I hear you say, well that tastes like utter shit and i'd much rather have a nice can of drink with some consistency in it with regard to quality. I went back with the free meal for two voucher they sent in the post some time later, visited the same resturant so to see if they had actually sorted their act out. Gave them my voucher when ordering and then waited only for it to be exactly as shit as the first time, so we got up when the food came and it was a poor standard after eating some of it, it deffo would of been poor value if we had to pay, I spoke to the restuarant manager why I was not hanging about to finish my meal and he just sort of looked at me blanky and shrugged his shoulders and we left.

As a rule I can't think of one well known chain resturant I think yes thats a really good place and i'd return because its nice.
AMK

Post by AMK »

I've had a fair few decent steaks from TGI Fridays, also GBK have some fantastic burgers, granted you cannot beat home cooked food.
... Join The Party!
mr lugsy

Post by mr lugsy »

i learnt my lesson at nando's first time , ordered full rack of ribs , got a quarter rack of the toughest ribs i've ever been mugged off with.

never again . skanky shithole hope they bankrupt soon.
Scott

Post by Scott »

I often walk past a Nandos and it usually looks packed, never actually been in and don't think I'll bother now.
Cobwebs 👆
BFK

Post by BFK »

Yes I've never been in nando's either. But I agree with Scott, my local one is always packed to the rafters with normally ques to eat.

I quite like Frankie and Bennys, apart from those god awful birthday songs they do, it's infuriating.

Never had a bad meal in one, I love the pizzas they do.

Lugsy, u wanna decent rack of ribs? Try their ones, fall off the bones.
Oscar

Post by Oscar »

Nandos food is utterly nondescript, bland, low quality chicken disguised with a variety of sauces. I've eaten in one of their city centre restaurants, and it was full of black people, mainly gangster wanabee types, paired up with slutty, poorly educated late-teen sink estate trash lacking any basic ettiquette whatsoever.
Plumy2k

Post by Plumy2k »

I think f&b's is a bit hit or miss had a really bad meal and had a nice meal as well. In my opinion Harvester ain't bad value for money. You get a relatively good meal and a salad bad for 6/7 quid upwards. Service is normally quite quick if the place isn't packed too.
mr lugsy

Post by mr lugsy »

BFK wrote:Yes I've never been in nando's either. But I agree with Scott, my local one is always packed to the rafters with normally ques to eat.

I quite like Frankie and Bennys, apart from those god awful birthday songs they do, it's infuriating.

Never had a bad meal in one, I love the pizzas they do.

Lugsy, u wanna decent rack of ribs? Try their ones, fall off the bones.

yes, i've been to the local F+B here loads of times, my kids love it there because they always get a balloon lol ,their ribs are very good indeed,just as you say the meat falls off the bones.

a couple of minor quibbles though , they are a bit tight with the coleslaw and there's really only so much Dean Martin and Rat pack i can listen to lol.
tommya

Post by tommya »

Never had a prob with nandos, harvester def the best cheap chain pub but its not hard against its comp, spoons, hungry horses, etc.
betchrider

Post by betchrider »

Crackin carvery in donny at the glasshouse had lamb and pork today crackling,cauli cheese,peas,carrots,cabbage,sweet corn,massive yorkie stuffing,mash and roast potatoes £8 absolutely beaut. I wouldn't pay £8.99 on a Sunday for a Toby. But a fiver through the weeks good value. Oh and their breakfasts are shite too!
The Duke of betchington Betchrider
skinner

Post by skinner »

Oscar wrote:Nandos food is utterly nondescript, bland, low quality chicken disguised with a variety of sauces. I've eaten in one of their city centre restaurants, and it was full of black people, mainly gangster wanabee types, paired up with slutty, poorly educated late-teen sink estate trash lacking any basic ettiquette whatsoever.
You just summed up the majority of city centres of this once great country there old boy,terrible state of affairs.