Ever Been Electrocuted By A Machine?

General fruit machine related chat, if it doesn't fit another category discuss it here..
steelfix1

Ever Been Electrocuted By A Machine?

Post by steelfix1 »

I haven't directly but I thought I had, It was that unexpected static that you don't expect that

makes you go "bastard" usually when you touch two machines at the same time or something to

do with the carpet, had it car doors as well, used to happen regular on older machines some of them you hear

the electric buzzing sound while you playing them as if it as going to zap you when you won the jackpot.
Roll_With_It_Russ

Post by Roll_With_It_Russ »

there was a issue with some of the crome cabinets you get with static build up, been electrocoined many times
bowie

Post by bowie »

Electrocution is death by electric shock, anything else is just an electric shock.
steelfix1

Post by steelfix1 »

Ah so that's why there's not many replies as those that have can't post lol
harry2

Post by harry2 »

Much worse when the machines had metal slots in the early eighties long before Mars Electronics invented their multi coin acceptors as featured in JG's avatar above.

The again, static did have certain advantages on selected barcrests.
Roulette free since December 2011.
eurovision1984

Post by eurovision1984 »

Static did have certain advantages on selected barcrests.[/QUOTE]

i agree with you harry,
in 1984-85, exchanges unlimited barcrest £3 jackpot machine worked with static,
you only had to put a 10p coin in & the reels would reset & the advantage was that it boosted the percentage if the reels were reset.
trayhop123

Post by trayhop123 »

kids used to moonwalk on nylon carpets to send static current through the 10p top the lot mech ,,,,,,, it had the effect of scrambling credits to a random amount ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, family leisure arcade in leicester 20 plus years ago ................ they shut down 15 years ago .

JG edit: Is this the same Family Leisure that own arcades around London's West End?
Little discipline = BIG issue

steelfix1

Post by steelfix1 »

eurovision1984 wrote:Static did have certain advantages on selected barcrests.
some mpu 3 bwb's did as well.

i agree with you harry,
in 1984-85, exchanges unlimited barcrest £3 jackpot machine worked with static,
you only had to put a 10p coin in & the reels would reset & the advantage was that it boosted the percentage if the reels were reset.[/QUOTE]
trayhop123

Post by trayhop123 »

im not so sure on the owners george , they did also own cashade on granby st leicester ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, plus if memory serves ,,,,, the arcade outside nottingham train station ,,,,,,,,,,,, so whoever owned the whole group ???? ,,,,,,,,,,,,,, im sure someone else could answer this better
Little discipline = BIG issue

Martal~Wombat

Post by Martal~Wombat »

trayhop123 wrote:im not so sure on the owners george , they did also own cashade on granby st leicester ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, plus if memory serves ,,,,, the arcade outside nottingham train station ,,,,,,,,,,,, so whoever owned the whole group ???? ,,,,,,,,,,,,,, im sure someone else could answer this better
his surname was Walker, an ex-boxer that lived in Nottingham, only had shops in Leicester and Nottingham, hope this helps

JG edit: Cheers Martal
http://www.comics.wombania.com/
..having a coffee in a spoons near you soon :))
aaamusements.co.uk

Post by aaamusements.co.uk »

Shouldn't get shocks in a decent arcade, as all the carpets should be high quality Axminster and not cheap nylon carpet tiles!

Back when I worked for the NHS we had carpet tiles and metal racking. If I ever forgot and touched the racking, the a visible, fat blue spark would ensue. Good job there was never a nitrous leak...
Captain.Tattybojangles

Post by Captain.Tattybojangles »

Bellfruit cabs have given me my fair share of shockings. Sometimes even the tinglings as well.