Roulette tales

General fruit machine related chat, if it doesn't fit another category discuss it here..
eurovision1984

Post by eurovision1984 »

i dont think that joe new how to play alien p2.
i kept alien p2 to myself.
i dont think that he new how to play rainbow riches either.
some of the tricks that i worked out stayed with me during that time.
Noels Beard

Post by Noels Beard »

On Sidesplitter and Big Blaster, it would be ready to offer you the feature...and be quite generous with nudges etc...

But this is where you could be clever....you wouldn't take the feature but set up the barcode on Nearest Win! Of course 1-2-3 was a sort if reverse drop zone affair if I remember rightly. Used to get sticky with boards but fundamentally the feature was still available next board.

Wow. Will we ever see the likes of these days again?

Not like these crappy Barcrests...Alien....Rainbow Riches???? Barcrest are gone! You milked the udders off that cow amigos!
The Dark Horse

Post by The Dark Horse »

I don't see why Redlinesman gets so much abuse on here. As BGM said he's never rude to anyone back. If he likes to share his tales, fact or fiction, it's not doing anyone any harm. I noticed he defended his post for the first time, backing up his points in the story in retaliation to disbelievers. Perhaps this shows that although hiding behind manners, he is starting to become frustrated by the fact that now even his not so exciting exploits are instantly met with a flurry of disbelief. He has admitted he likes to "have fun" with his tales about the chief, but it seems the frequent elaboration in his stories has created a sort of "boy who cried wolf" scenario where anything he says now is instantly seen as bullshit and lies.

Personally although I like some of Red's other tales, I found this one boring. Probably because is was based closer to reality than some of his previous better reads. It reminded me of a similair tale he wrote a while back about two young hoodrats in Nike trackies coming in and going skint in a fruit he had just done. Both these tales share the same image trying to be created. An image of the comic book hero Redlinesman laughing at the villain(Nike hoodrat/Stone Island chav)'s misfortune, whilst cashing in himself. Our hero
is always one step ahead of the villains and would never make those foolish mistakes himself, he's too smart for that.

My advice to you Red is that for people to enjoy your stories they would have to identify with your hero. The hero of the tale always has to have "likeability". The problem with your tales is that you are not a likeable character or hero. The fact you can say that you don't enjoy watching people lose money, yet you stayed to "watch the show" for "entertainment" is extremely contradictory. You were obviously enjoying watching them do their bollocks, that not a very likeable character asset to have, and more to the point a lot of the people who read your posts on here may identify more with the villains in the stories than you. They've more likely been the person sacking the roulette or the beginner jumping on the fruit after a top boy had just done it. But then maybe you already know that.

If you do actually want people to enjoy your tales you will have to learn to present your character in a more likeable way, involving scenarios every player would associate with, like getting trouble or fire in a pub. The problem is you come across as though your hero sort of thinks he's better than everyone else, snobbish and judgemental, mocking everyone around him of lower intellect or achievement. It not nice to have a hero who looks down on you.

I don't think you are a bad guy Red, I'm glad you have opened up tonight and told us a little about yourself. I feel it's sad that your sheltered upbringing has led you to become such a close minded adult. The fact you stereotype anyone who ever uses drugs as being trouble is ridiculous. You have clearly stuck to the wishes of your parents without gaining much life experience of your own. Of course having parents in the judicial system must have made you adopt their mentality, but have you ever thought that working in the judicial system requires that kind of disconnected/black or white sense of judgement to survive? That's not a healthy state of mind for a normal adult to have. I suggest you educate yourself with some Cognitive Behavioural Therapy so you can start to see the areas of grey in life, learn to judge people as individuals instead of stereotypes. I think you'll find people will start to like you more, and you'll see that some of the people you previously looked down on are actually decent people and equals to you in their own way.

That's my counselling done for the night.
mouse75

Post by mouse75 »

feeder22 wrote:I'm sure he posted before how he has a steady girlfriend
i'm pretty sure all bookmakers have to be shut by 10 by law (could be wrong)
I'm confident no one would tackle a keybet with max bet spins
i'm absolute certain RLM is still a cunt

his posts died down for a week or so anything he posted stay sort of relevant. then boom, he recieves a blow job from his mum and in his excitement in recieving said blow job comes on here to post the above shit
Betfred in Chinatown London open til midnight. My wife works in their headoffice. Apparently Paddy power have followed suit.
Been-Grant-Mitchell'd!

Post by Been-Grant-Mitchell'd! »

Probably the best post I've read on here for over a year.

Well done Mon ami Le Cheval Noir!

(I was on about Dark Horse's post)
Noels Beard

Post by Noels Beard »

Noels Beard wrote:On Sidesplitter and Big Blaster, it would be ready to offer you the feature...and be quite generous with nudges etc...

But this is where you could be clever....you wouldn't take the feature but set up the barcode on Nearest Win! Of course 1-2-3 was a sort if reverse drop zone affair if I remember rightly. Used to get sticky with boards but fundamentally the feature was still available next board.

Wow. Will we ever see the likes of these days again?

Not like these crappy Barcrests...Alien....Rainbow Riches???? Barcrest are gone! You milked the udders off that cow amigos!
Think this also worked on Some Like It Hot? I can't actually remember. Anyone?
Mr McStreak

Post by Mr McStreak »

Brilliant post by dark horse, shows a real depth of intelligence. RLM strikes me as someone who was born with a silver spoon in his mouth.

In my case it was a refill key.
Been-Grant-Mitchell'd!

Post by Been-Grant-Mitchell'd! »

Mr McStreak wrote:Brilliant post by dark horse, shows a real depth of intelligence. RLM strikes me as someone who was born with a silver spoon in his mouth.

In my case it was a refill key.
More likely to have been a 92250 key!
The Dark Horse

Post by The Dark Horse »

Thank you for the compliments people. Just my attempts to dive into the mysteries of Redlinesman's psyche. Think I was pretty accurate though.
redlinesman

Post by redlinesman »

Good post Darkhorse, can't knock it because it is well put together but on a personal level there is some aspects that I don't agree with.

I wouldn't go to far as to say I like to watch people losing money but there are certain characters that I seem to get a bit of a buzz off when I see them losing money, this feeling is sometimes what inspires me to tell of my experiences. I think it's normally people who I think have bad manners or fit a certain stereotype like you say, but I certainly do not like to see people losing money in general. A guy I know who is quite a big gambler mentioned that when he wins and the person next to him loses, the emotional gap between them is lengthened because his mood is elevated and the other persons is decreased which gives him a massive buzz, I certainly wouldn't put myself in this category.

Also, I'm being a bit selfish here, but I mainly post for the good of myself as I find it quite therapeutic writing about experiences, I'm not really trying to entertain people otherwise I'd be exaggerating the truth in my posts and they only involve fairly much everyday things that go on.

I think the bit about my parents is completely wrong though, they have massive life experience and my Dad has been instrumental in a lot of things to with helping giving the under privileged and normal people in society a voice and helping strengthen commuinities through political reform. The bit about the drugs is they were in a position to see the problems and destruction it causes so I never really questioned their judgement and am extremely glad I took notice of them. I think I do need to change my way of judging people though.

Kind Regards
The Dark Horse

Post by The Dark Horse »

We are all human Red, all good and bad at times, I'm sure many of us have gained pleasure from watching others happiness at some point, but I'd say laughing at someones gambling misfortune due to incompetence is fairly normal, whereas laughing at someone due to their addiction is simply ignorant.

I mentioned previously that I thought you posted here as an outlet for your experiences, but try to be more caring and aware of who is reading them. Even if you don't really give a toss what anyone on here thinks about you, you should learn to. The way people perceive you is very important and will result in different types of treatment from them.

I'm sure your parents are great people who have achieved a lot with massive life experience behind them. Unfortunatly it seems you are not. You cannot ride on the back of other peoples life experience and have to learn to base your judgement on your own experiences as an adult and an individual. Also however brilliant your parents knowledge is, it should never be more than you should be able to update on and better yourself as their evolution at work. Working within the criminal justice system can give you a distorted opinion on things and make you learn to see things in a very black and white way. Drugs are often a symptom of poverty or other problems, and maybe your family has helped many of them in need. But why do you have to disassociate yourself from all drug users? Why could you not instead try to help them in some way like your parents have? Your parents probably gave you that advice as a child hoping you would not be badly influenced and end up being a drug user yourself. I take it you are now a fully grown adult and understand that you are not going to be peer pressured or forced into drug use at any encounter with a drug user, they are still people, sometimes more intelligent or experienced people than yourself. Hope you bare that in mind in future.

I'm glad I have taught you something and I hope you will judge people individually in future and perhaps try to be grateful for the more fortunate position you were given in life.
Mr McStreak

Post by Mr McStreak »

eurovision1984 wrote:i dont think that joe new how to play alien p2.
i kept alien p2 to myself.
i dont think that he new how to play rainbow riches either.
some of the tricks that i worked out stayed with me during that time.
Lol, what a load of bollocks. You and Joe were running around all over the place playing them.
Matt Vinyl

Post by Matt Vinyl »

Indeed an interesting read, gents.

Oh, and for the more geeky in relation to a couple of earlier posts for giggles:

[img]s3.amazonaws.com/files.posterous.com/hcastilho/ABDqwlmknrzCjAGIdJhhlgscJCaayGdllcDvufFHalDnakwawDpmeHktoldB/media_http25mediatumb_srpwq.jpg.scaled500.jpg?AWSAccessKeyId=AKIAJFZAE65UYRT34AOQ&Expires=1329731494&Signature=IyQ4JI8KmGzf9oXezIKTi6BgT8A%3D[/img]
"And do you ever contradict yourself, Minister?" "Well, yes and no..."
BFK

Post by BFK »

Indeed, much more interesting than my drunken foul mouthed ramblings!!!
skinner

Post by skinner »

Mr McStreak wrote:Lol, what a load of bollocks. You and Joe were running around all over the place playing them.
Joe claimed to have made more on superholds than alien,think he had it nearly a year before it became widespread,this would explain the 80k jag as his machine runabout!