how much do you pay your driver?

General fruit machine related chat, if it doesn't fit another category discuss it here..
eurovision1984

how much do you pay your driver?

Post by eurovision1984 »

deleted
quizard

Post by quizard »

I'd work for you £200 a day LOL.

I would have thought £50 a day tax free plus cost of fuel would be plenty for someone who is doing it while receiving state benefits.
eurovision1984

Post by eurovision1984 »

deleted
Gibbons

Post by Gibbons »

So its you who turns drivers into players then ?
eurovision1984

Post by eurovision1984 »

deleted
Nil Satis

Post by Nil Satis »

A serious question for you guys who pay drivers - why do you use them? Is it to help stay alert on what must be long days, to be able to drink (reasonable amounts I assume) in each pub if required or you prefer to, for extra 'backup' in the events of any problems, or simply that you can't drive - have never learned, are disqualified, find it hard to get insurance given what you do for a 'job'?

I'm obviously not after individual details :wink: , I just wonder how it can be worth paying someone up to £200 a day out of your profits when that could stay in your own pocket. I'm a quiz machine player (and only a part time one at that) so wouldn't be able make the guaranteed daily profits of several hundred quid to justify having a driver, and besides I am happy to drive myself around the more scattered venues where the better quiz machines are invariably found, so I'm not after invading anyone's turf either!
toothless11

Post by toothless11 »

This is no way a dig in any way mate....

I drive so this isn't an issue with me. I'm sorry mate, but if your willing to give someone 180-200 a day just to drive then your either very generous or a mug. Why not pull your finger out and learn how to drive?? Unless of course your banned, even then you should be ok to re take your test. It baffles me why people would do that l??

I'd rather have the dough myself. Lol. And in one way or another, (maybe through mindless chit chat between pubs, you will be clueing him up. Fair play you've only had 2 drivers, I just think its a waste of money mate.
maverick69

Post by maverick69 »

He could be a top boy, pure empties...where 200 a day is half a hopper. he might like being chaffeured around
gambogaz1

Post by gambogaz1 »

Your driver must have a mind-numbingly boring life if he's willing to spend 12-14 hours a day 6 days a week sat on his arse in a car. And he must be rich as he's got fuck all time to spend his wages :lol:

Because I'm teetotal I have to pay a drinker so we blend in with the locals to prevent any barrings :wink:
thecannonball89

Post by thecannonball89 »

You need a driver playing fruits nil satis, when your going to towns just for 1 or 2 machines. In the quiz game then 90% of pubs have what your looking for but with fruits its a difrent story, and outskirts are normaly better than city/town centres.
Cardinal Sin

Post by Cardinal Sin »

gambogaz1 wrote:
Because I'm teetotal I have to pay a drinker so we blend in with the locals to prevent any barrings :wink:
£15 an hour + drinks + private health insurance for when my liver finally calls it a day.

PM me and we'll talk :D
mr lugsy

Post by mr lugsy »

well i'll raise you Cardinal , so i will.

i'll do the driving AND the drinking for a £100 per day.
TINYMcFINEY

Post by TINYMcFINEY »

Drivers should not ask for that much in my opinon. When I use to drive Mr Glendale I was happy driving for a friend so all I ask for is a good harty meal and petrol money. Thisis how it should be.
betchrider

Post by betchrider »

TINYMcFINEY wrote:Drivers should not ask for that much in my opinon. When I use to drive Mr Glendale I was happy driving for a friend so all I ask for is a good harty meal and petrol money. Thisis how it should be.
Yeah while he makes all the dough that's what friends are for
The Duke of betchington Betchrider
TINYMcFINEY

Post by TINYMcFINEY »

But Mr Betchrider we use to have a good time. Sometimes there was 3 of us so he could not really share it 3 ways. He even sometimes gave me a tenner extra or something when he won good.