Pinball Dreams

General fruit machine related chat, if it doesn't fit another category discuss it here..
kidgloves

Pinball Dreams

Post by kidgloves »

Had a smooch around B'ham a while ago and apart from the playing, it was ACE to have a blast on an old gem....The Addams Family pinball in a pub by the canal. Any fruit itinerary I had went out the window whilst me and the wife had an hour on this baby.
Well set up and flippers working with decent strength. One downside - 10 :shock: bearkicks for an extra life - what happend to the good old days of 6 ??
Still good fun, got dumped by the Seance and pre multi-ball magnet fun a few times.
What a classic.
That Nobles on New Street has gone right downhill. Nigh on a £500 den now. Hardly owt worth playing. Spent 15 mins in there. Pubs were kind overall though.
Confucius say "man who know wombat know more than stupid looking monkey"
Captain.Tattybojangles

Post by Captain.Tattybojangles »

We've got a Batman Dark Knight one in our student bar, and more often than not, I'm piling money into it! Though I say piling cash in, it's 3 games a quid and I normally have an hour on the quid.

AN engineer's been in recently and tightened it up though. Replay value has gone from 24,800,000 to 39,600,000 and it never pays the MATCH replay. Don't know if they log the scores because 30-40 mil is bread and butter for me so they might just be trying to make some more poundage
kidgloves

Post by kidgloves »

Captain.Tattybojangles wrote:We've got a Batman Dark Knight one in our student bar, and more often than not, I'm piling money into it! Though I say piling cash in, it's 3 games a quid and I normally have an hour on the quid.

AN engineer's been in recently and tightened it up though. Replay value has gone from 24,800,000 to 39,600,000 and it never pays the MATCH replay. Don't know if they log the scores because 30-40 mil is bread and butter for me so they might just be trying to make some more poundage

Hah, even the pinball is getting chippage for paying out too much.
messiah

Post by messiah »

I loved Red and Ted when I was uni. Lucky to have had a good supplier who would change the machine at least once a term
Scott

Post by Scott »

Feel the poooooower, its cousin it, classic!!!!
Cobwebs 👆
kidgloves

Post by kidgloves »

JG wrote:Nobles? Now alas a Cashino, so no kwik tan, free fish and chips or midnight pizza for you Mr. Gloves. Addams is a good table, used to be one on Narb Road. Best all time pinball is Dr. Who though. Rare as hen's incisors, don't have any locs now. Used to be one in The Buzz ages ago.
Yeah, being a student there, I'll not be able to call it anything else. That place is what let me turn out of uni with a cumulative debt of a paltry £1000 student loan rather than the nightmares todays students will be coming out with.
kidgloves

Post by kidgloves »

Scott wrote:Feel the poooooower, its cousin it, classic!!!!
In that Cashino on New Street was the very place I first lit all the windows in the mansion for the cool ? bonus at the top of the house. 50 million if I recall. When there were no ready machines, I used to while away the time on this pinball and Ghouls and Ghosts video game. Those action banks didn't take long for somebody to fill up the nudge bank and walk.
Nixxy

Post by Nixxy »

There's an unchipped Addams Family pinball machine in that odd looking pub called The Pipeline, on Middlesex Street (a turning off Bishopsgate) in Central London.

Infact 4 machines in a line - Star Wars, Indy and ... can't remember the 4th. But they're all quality.
This machine may at times offer a choice where the player has every chance of bankruptcy
Scott

Post by Scott »

There was some great sound affects on Addam's Family i thought. I also thought The Terminator (judgement day) was a good one too, where you used to stand sideways to shoot the ball for the target at the beginning, it had a gun to shoot the ball, get the CPU :D
Cobwebs 👆
harry2

Post by harry2 »

If I had the room I'd get a "Kiss" pin table. Used to play one where it was virtually impossibe to tilt it as a kid. Me and an older kid could rack up numerous credits.
Attachments
kiss_1_917.jpg
kiss_1_917.jpg (59.08 KiB) Viewed 1745 times
Roulette free since December 2011.
Scott

Post by Scott »

We had a bloke who used to come in the pub years ago who was shit hot on a pinball, he had the top score for ages, me, my dad and my grandad stuck 2 yellow pages under each leg and beat his top score, he beat it later that week anyway lol.
Cobwebs 👆
Oli

Post by Oli »

There's both an Addams Family and a Terminator in an underground cocktail bar in Covent Garden - I forget the name.

Got a Junkyard on free play at work - keeps me amused during break time. :)

Also got the emulator with hundreds of machines, its worth a download if you dont already have it.

I thought the replay value moves up/down automatically depending on the frequency of how often its reached? The one at work seems to do this anyway.
streaky bacon?
trayhop123

Post by trayhop123 »

never really been into pinball ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, but fondly remember a super mario table nr chapel st leonard's
Little discipline = BIG issue

messiah

Post by messiah »

Oli wrote:I thought the replay value moves up/down automatically depending on the frequency of how often its reached? The one at work seems to do this anyway.
Definitely the Williams/Bally ones I have played did that
Captain.Tattybojangles

Post by Captain.Tattybojangles »

You reckon any pinball locales could be incorporated into the Meet? :P I'll give anyone a fair going if I've the time! I love my pinball waaaaayyy too much!

THAAAA MA-MUSHKA!