Going to stop it

General fruit machine related chat, if it doesn't fit another category discuss it here..
asfish

Going to stop it

Post by asfish »

On Monday turned 40 into 580 on the FOBT then left an hour later with nothing

Not the worst beating I ever had, as the “gamblers logic” tells me that I only lost £40 in “real terms”

Problem is that I have a good 600 on a credit card which is mostly cash withdrawals I used to gamble with.

No real problem with this as a debt aside from the fact that I pay all the bills and the wife saves, so as a result I’m lucky to have 2-300 a month in slack in my account and have to lie to the wife to get extra cash to pay this sort of stuff off.

Some would think that the wife is a bit green or naïve in that she seldom asks questions.

A few days away on business in a hotel room has given me time to reflect and I have arrived at a depressing truth.

I’m a lying compulsive gambler who abuses his wife’s trust in these matters. This is women I love and who loves me and this side of the gambling is making me feel lick a piece of shit

So that’s it I’m going to give GA a go, not sure about the steps and the higher power stuff but you need to start somewhere.

In the end I have never won, you either obviously loose playing or if you win say £500 I find myself having to hide the money and when you do that you don’t spend it on anything other than more gambling

Sure I will be better not coming here for a while as tales of wins don’t really help your frame of mind.

Wish all you pro’s and other players the best of British but after 25 years of slot playing its time I stopped for good
Glendale

Post by Glendale »

Best of luck mate! Unless your a pro its impossible to win!
I am Glendale, much better than you!
harry2

Post by harry2 »

Get a few photo's done, passport size, and self exclude from all the bookies and arcades. Done wonders for me, still fall off the wagon though.
Roulette free since December 2011.
Houston

Post by Houston »

The thing about "Tales of Winnings", is that they are usually accompanied by tales of losing, though these are either forgotten about, or not posted at all.

You have a wife/girlfriend who you love, so you owe it to her to stop or dramatically reduce your gambling. There's no shame in admitting a problem, or asking for help with it. That's the first steps.

Now take another step by sticking to your decision to stop.

I hope you succeed.
Try this number: 0845 1300 286
barneybear

Post by barneybear »

Really wish you the best of British with your decision. All of Your sentiments have definitely crossed my mind in the last month.

Were in a deep recession and it seems the only ones doing well are the bookies!!

Plan some trips away with the mrs, quantify every sum of money into tangible goods rather than a gambling session, and treat yourself every now and again to re-appreciate how that feels compared to walking out of a bookies with an arse like a clowns pocket.

Would love to hear how you go on

Barney
Scott

Post by Scott »

Best of luck dude :wink:
Cobwebs 👆
toothless11

Post by toothless11 »

The best of luck matey. Being honest and talking about things is the first and the biggest step to recovery...

When it comes to gambling, all it is a pyschological battle between two choices. Just stick to what's right and think of what you could loose. That will always help mate.
e4ans

Post by e4ans »

Ive lost a few K in these, its like legal crack cocaine
Scott

Post by Scott »

Its been quoted many times, but, ''roulette is the crack cocaine of gambling''
Cobwebs 👆
e4ans

Post by e4ans »

They dont even do the half stake back on even chances if the zero comes out
ChrisBrighton

Post by ChrisBrighton »

Good luck Asfish.

I really hope you get the help and support that you need.
asfish

Post by asfish »

Not the best start, wife away this weekend so managed to piss £500 away online. :o ops: :roll:

Roll on the GA meeting tomorrow
Houston

Post by Houston »

I went to a GA meeting once. Yes, I thought i was going to a fan club for Giorgio Armani but .......
Try this number: 0845 1300 286
trayhop123

Post by trayhop123 »

i bet you a quid i can stop gambling :P
Little discipline = BIG issue

mouse75

Post by mouse75 »

Best of luck Ast - it's a hard slog - good luck.