The coin jingle when another player approaches

General fruit machine related chat, if it doesn't fit another category discuss it here..
maverick69

The coin jingle when another player approaches

Post by maverick69 »

why do players do this ? i find it odd.walked into a bowl the other day and some guy was cornering a lep n musta knew i was player
TINYMcFINEY

Post by TINYMcFINEY »

I jingle coins to try and worry people and they start laughing. They dont realise im waiting for my chance.
darren

Post by darren »

I always jingle when i see someone on something, if i was playing something tho id rather munter it
toothless11

Post by toothless11 »

The 'coin jingle' can put off players and it can also break the ice to start off a conversation. Many a times I've walked into a pub and seen a new young player on a fruit, stood behind him and jingle my pocket. He's left and I've had it off on the fruit. Some people seem to get embarrassed playing fruits infront of strangers.

Players have done it to me but I just play the fruit out infront of them (unless I was on something they wernt).

And many a times it's also innitiated a convo. :-)
Mr McStreak

Post by Mr McStreak »

I always used to keep my coins as quiet as possible, I didn't want people thinking I was a player because if they knew and saw me playing something one day they might use their brain and watch from a distance and pick things up or vice versa. I used to try and keep as low a profile as possible without appearing ignorant.

Some people like to announce the fact they are 'players' by rattling coins, kids wearing tracksuits do this alot. I remember one lad who marched into a pub wearing tracksuit bottoms, his pocket was full and when he stopped suddenly his pocket full of coins hit him squarely in the bollocks.
mr lugsy

Post by mr lugsy »

" pocket full of coins hit him squarely in the bollocks"

i only ever did that once lol.

Back in my arcade rat days a bit of pocket rattling was appreciated amongst locals in a weird kind of way that i liken to stags and walrus's etc fighting for territory.

i learnt quickly that the back pockets in a pair of joe bloggs dungarees gave you much more longevity than the fronts.

...............and woe be tide anybody who had a bit of silver mixed up in their nug pockets for that tell tale, cheapskate, subtley different rattling sound :D
harry2

Post by harry2 »

In the good old good old days, players would either line the coins up along the glass, or stack them on top of the machines. You would probably get mugged for doing that in 2011 lol. Seriously, though, jeans or combats must be the apparrel of choice.
Roulette free since December 2011.

Post by 6502 »

harry2 wrote:In the good old good old days, players would either line the coins up along the glass,
guilty on that one, cash on bottom glass and tokens in hand/cash tray, but wouldn't jingle unless it was to wind some one up in my local
pickareel

Post by pickareel »

haha i line up the dud coins that dont go in
i got more routes than loreal
trayhop123

Post by trayhop123 »

asda's finest :P
Little discipline = BIG issue

betchrider

Post by betchrider »

I remember trying to fill bottom glass wi 10ps on a each wayshuffle! Didn't manage it nearly but not quite
The Duke of betchington Betchrider
Captain.Tattybojangles

Post by Captain.Tattybojangles »

In the Christmas period I like to put sleigh bells in my back pocket just to fool players into thinking I'm any good.
bowie

Post by bowie »

pickareel wrote:haha i line up the dud coins that dont go in
I did this till quite recently, topped the machine and walked away with a smile on my face, left about 12 quid for the next lucky cunt! Daft bastard, won't do that anytime soon.
jeffvickers

Post by jeffvickers »

The old extremes on £25 would get the coins stacked on the bottom glass. You only needed £3 in coins to get it going, put the fiver in coins(£2 for drinks) back in your pocket and gradually stacked a few lines of coins if machine had plenty percentage in it.
LordOoze

Post by LordOoze »

Pocket jingles are entertaining but if they don't scare the competition off then you end up with egg on ze face!

I, for one, do not bother. Mostly because I bag them into 50s as I go along and try to keep 100 as unit float.