Your favourite era!

General fruit machine related chat, if it doesn't fit another category discuss it here..
Glendale

Your favourite era!

Post by Glendale »

Well? Whats been your favourite? The £70s with quick money but grumpy landlords? £25s? £35s? Maybe you old school loved token days? Mine was £25s for variety and skills! All good until vivids turned up and thousands joined in!
I am Glendale, much better than you!
toothless11

Post by toothless11 »

I started playing at the end of vivids.... It's hard to choose for me, as now there is more potential money to be earnt, pubs are much more fire, there's alot less pubs open and there are less fruits in each pub. £25 days fruits were so much more enjoyable, even the aesthetic value were better.... But the money was shitter!.... I'll prob choose £25s for enjoyment but £70s for earnings.
mr cheese

Post by mr cheese »

100% 15s and 25s, Old Skool jpm/acecoin. Main reason not as many players more skill involved,better gameplay,readable with couple of quid,very easy money....And then ya had the Montys,Frenzys,Physchos etc etc to fall back on..Emptys would last at least a month rather than 2 days..Give me an old Bully or King Keebab any day,over any Deals.....
Bang Tidy,Potatoes,Shittiiiiing,Smash Ya Back Doors In....
silent g

Post by silent g »

this year has been good to me :)
loved extremes :)
condoms... ribbed for her pleasure! turn it inside out and its ribbed for my pleasure :)
Oddfeet63

Post by Oddfeet63 »

Club machines superpots Casablanca blackjacks and cops and public enemies
Oli

Post by Oli »

I agree with toothless, £25 era for me as it gave the most enjoyment. Maybe I would have liked £15 more but I only started playing in the £25 era.
streaky bacon?
ma71lda

Post by ma71lda »

£15 and £25 era f'sure. So much fun back in the day. Playing was a joy, not a chore.

£35 era was just about the force and it became tiresome quickly, although there was some good money to be made.

Never played the £75 m/c's like I did the previous era's so I can't comment.
Mr Move It

Post by Mr Move It »

Jackpot-wise, £15 was my least fave, £35 was ok, £70 I actually quite like, although it's more luck-orientated for me. £25 was the definitely the best for me, or 2002-6 with most of the Vivids in that year range. Although I quite like the earlier range of DOND machines 2006-8, I resent Barcrest's taking over of Maygay, Vivid, Extreme and so on.
"I think you're going to go away with a lot of money."
redlinesman

Post by redlinesman »

Would have to say it was when I first started out in 2000. Nothing can compare to the buzz you get when you first realised you could make decent money, the world seemed an exciting place and it felt you were at the centre of it. Also had a great amount of enthusiasm for it and was raring to go on a daily basis.

Got to say preferred 25 over 15 and 35, just because a lot of the games I fell in love with were on 25. Supose the 70s has been 'my time' but most of my naivety and pre-conceptions have been lost which takes away a bit of the romance, supose that always comes with maturity and experience though.

Still a great game and certainly content, except for the slight yearn to have maybe gone down a different route in terms of career and professionalism and to be of use to society. Once you get passed the money making aspect in fruit playing, there's not much else there in terms of motivation. Maybe the buzz of cracking the codes, and you get to see lots off different towns etc are other plus points. I think sometimes we forget how lucky we are as much of the population is struggling and has to budget with stuff like buying food and going out.

Fruit players often get looked down upon, but we are just taking advantage of an opportunity that presents itself. Are we any worse than the many businesses that rip customers off, or the lawyer that defends a criminal? Well no we are not, and some of us are a whole lot better than that.
Mr McStreak

Post by Mr McStreak »

Good post that, lacked nicely in self-promotion, and I agree wholeheartedly with your sentiments.
mr lugsy

Post by mr lugsy »

redlinesman wrote:Would have to say it was when I first started out in 2000. Nothing can compare to the buzz you get when you first realised you could make decent money, the world seemed an exciting place and it felt you were at the centre of it. Also had a great amount of enthusiasm for it and was raring to go on a daily basis.

Got to say preferred 25 over 15 and 35, just because a lot of the games I fell in love with were on 25. Supose the 70s has been 'my time' but most of my naivety and pre-conceptions have been lost which takes away a bit of the romance, supose that always comes with maturity and experience though.

Still a great game and certainly content, except for the slight yearn to have maybe gone down a different route in terms of career and professionalism and to be of use to society. Once you get passed the money making aspect in fruit playing, there's not much else there in terms of motivation. Maybe the buzz of cracking the codes, and you get to see lots off different towns etc are other plus points. I think sometimes we forget how lucky we are as much of the population is struggling and has to budget with stuff like buying food and going out.

Fruit players often get looked down upon, but we are just taking advantage of an opportunity that presents itself. Are we any worse than the many businesses that rip customers off, or the lawyer that defends a criminal? Well no we are not, and some of us are a whole lot better than that.

you should get your story straight, you have posts on this forum that suggest you have been playing a hell of a lot longer than 2000.
harry2

Post by harry2 »

My favourite era was when arcades had punters in !
Roulette free since December 2011.
ma71lda

Post by ma71lda »

harry2 wrote:My favourite era was when arcades had punters in !
And when bookies had AWP's sited!!! :D
Thumper

Post by Thumper »

ma71lda wrote:And when bookies had AWP's sited!!! :D
+1
Also before FOBT were introduced, people played fruits more..
logopolis

Post by logopolis »

My favourite era was when they had Red Arrow in Wymondham Bookie!!!