Casuals and fire

General fruit machine related chat, if it doesn't fit another category discuss it here..
Mr Move It

Casuals and fire

Post by Mr Move It »

I've just wondered out of curiosity if any of us casuals / non-pros have experienced fire (aggro) when playing a fruitie?

I've not encountered any fire in pubs, but had a minor incident (and contradiction) at a local fairground arcade. I go to the change booth to have a £5 note in coins so that I could play on their cat D machines. He got suspicious of me for some reason, yet changing notes in an arcade, fairground or otherwise should be normal practise. I proceeded to play an old Barcrest Buccaneer. The staff left his booth and watched me from about 3 feet behind, laser eyes on me. He obviously thought I was up to something. After spending a couple of quid, I thought stuff it and I walked.

It doesn't bother me, as it was in early 2004, some 7 years ago and had no fire since. The irony was that I hit the same arcade 6 years later (2010), got invincible on a Vivid Hypnotic £25 jp which repeated the jp to £75 and the guy in the paybox (probably different bloke from 2004) didn't bat an eyelid.
"I think you're going to go away with a lot of money."
deano8177

Post by deano8177 »

I probaly got more fire when I wasn't a pro, now being pro I find I get less heat as I know how to go about each pub.
TINYMcFINEY

Post by TINYMcFINEY »

I get no fire. They think I am stupid!
Matt Vinyl

Post by Matt Vinyl »

...and they would be bang on. :lol: :o
"And do you ever contradict yourself, Minister?" "Well, yes and no..."
TINYMcFINEY

Post by TINYMcFINEY »

Under the circumstances it would be most beneficial for one to masquerade as a slightly less intelligent person than what they are in reality. Maybe a bit of slow play or stumbling around with the buttons would divert the attention of an interested landlord.
Glendale

Post by Glendale »

TINYMcFINEY wrote:I get no fire. They think I am stupid!
Good to see you payed attention during your driving days tiny! You were lethal on pie factorys!
I am Glendale, much better than you!
Nixxy

Post by Nixxy »

TINYMcFINEY wrote:Under the circumstances it would be most beneficial for one to masquerade as a slightly less intelligent person than what they are in reality. Maybe a bit of slow play or stumbling around with the buttons would divert the attention of an interested landlord.
There're so many other reasons to chuck you out of a pub, that it ain't worth even contemplating the fire you'd get for playing the fruity.
This machine may at times offer a choice where the player has every chance of bankruptcy
toothless11

Post by toothless11 »

Apart from tricks.. The three main reasons for recent barrings are, the upgrade to 70s, the recession and toolers...
Glendale

Post by Glendale »

toothless11 wrote:Apart from tricks.. The three main reasons for recent barrings are, the upgrade to 70s, the recession and toolers...
It must puzzle the shit out of a casual when they get barred though! When the landlord says there a pro there face must be a picture!
I am Glendale, much better than you!
BFK

Post by BFK »

There are some pubs I can think of that would ban ANYONE that goes in has a beer and gets any kind if result whether through the manipulational skills of a player or a stroke of luck from a casual.

On the other hand, some landlords just don't give a fuck!!
titchno1

Post by titchno1 »

Haha some one genuinely passing by and calling for a drink gets a gatw off 2 quid for 140, badly floated hopper with 340 off. All of a sudden the barman labels him as a pro. Would be funny to witness.
Cf

Post by Cf »

Never had a problem. There's a few places where staff recognise me but I'm friendly with them all.
harry2

Post by harry2 »

Got banned in 78 for knowing the reels. Suspect calling the manager "Trophy" 'cos his ears stuck out may have had something to do with it.
Roulette free since December 2011.
sir ratholer

Post by sir ratholer »

Pub called the cherry orchards near gillingham, had a panther and invincible, closed down now.

Had a huge rude boy owner who looked like Nigel benn, proper gangsta he was! Saying that he was always decent to me and I never had a problem with him - one day I went in and the invincible is on but with an out of order sign on it. So onto the panther I go and some casual goes on the invincible and throws the sign on the floor. As I'm hitting the skill Nigel benn comes over looking pretty mad - I should say by this point the casual despite having no idea how to play the fruit gets one top and it's still flying - and he threatens the guy never to play a machine in his pub again and it's his last he will ever play there!

Obviously the invincible was his personal plaything and the sign was for his benefit so he could play after hours!
Bored of the grind.
deano8177

Post by deano8177 »

I used to play in a pub in Ipswich, a few players got barred but she never barred me. Then one day she come up to me and told me she bars anybody that gets half a coke or a soft drink. She said I don't mind you coming in here and play the machine at least you have a proper drink and good luck to ya.