Have you ever seen a punter miss an IM board?

General fruit machine related chat, if it doesn't fit another category discuss it here..
Mr Move It

Have you ever seen a punter miss an IM board?

Post by Mr Move It »

I saw a guy in my local 'Spoons get 4 red phones on one of the double-DOND machines. I was going back to my table with the drinks I've bought and didn't think any more of it. A few minutes later, I heard the clattering of about 10 coins from a payout. Lo and behold, it was from the machine that gave IM. The punter then walked back to his group of mates, so it wasn't an IOU or anything like that. He may have recycled, but I'm sure that he genuinely missed an IM and walked away with just £10!!

Share your stories :-)
"I think you're going to go away with a lot of money."
bowie

Post by bowie »

I've told a few folk that they have had one, one guy about to collect something shit on a Pots of Gold when it was flashing, it repeated and he bought me a beer.
e4ans

Post by e4ans »

My mate was playing big cheese 25jp and got the 3rd IM board and for some reason started hitting start very fast and his hand slipped and he pressed collect for 4 as for some reason it was next to start on that machine. I pressed exchange by accident on Cracker instead of collect on Red lucky numbers once
autonudge

Post by autonudge »

I once pressed collect on a jailbirds instead of collect cashpot doh
Scott

Post by Scott »

I once collected a shit feature instead of mega streak on a hilo silver, did'nt care at the time because i was very drunk after lots of pints, but was wounded the next day, it was a next credit too which made it worse! :o ops:

I once saw someone miss spicey eyes (KK) its fairly subtle so they could be forgiven, you've also got your lord of the rings, snake rattle which could easily be missed, then theres your big cheese, high flyers, top dogs which should'nt be missed but probably have by some one somewhere.

Surely no one has missed cashino? Iiiiiiiiinnnnnnvvvvvinnnnnncibbbble.
Cobwebs 👆
kong

Post by kong »

Back when 70s were fairly new I saw someone take a low feature on an Electro icons board. They walked straight out the pub and didn't see bonus give SSS a fiver later!
deano8177

Post by deano8177 »

Iv seen a few people miss the IM on lines on electros. Iv also done that myself.
ma71lda

Post by ma71lda »

Not an IM but I pressed the wrong button on a Who Wants to be a Millionhare and collected peanuts instead of the JP. I also cocked up on a Devil of a Deal (vivid Rat Pack clone) - it started the game on Kings with a 1 and instead of me collecting and going higher for the JP, I just pressed higher!!!
Captain.Tattybojangles

Post by Captain.Tattybojangles »

First board I ever had on a Road to Riches was an Icon board! So naturally I didn't particularly want to risk the dodgy numbers, so I just took a lower down win! I just thought the machine always gave you all the icons because that's how it worked!
It came back next board though for once.
Never seen anyone miss an IM but I've seen a couple people deal early when they had 70, and some people collect cash when they had an extra life and were on the super trail!
HornyNick

Post by HornyNick »

Scott wrote:I once collected a shit feature instead of mega streak on a hilo silver
This.
Thankfully every time it happened it came back next board. Theres nothing like that utter twat feeling though!
Sex is not the answer.
Sex is the question.
"Yes" is the answer!
brownld

Post by brownld »

Could never of timed it better, getting pint in some block playing bank job watching giving every thing to him, so go play tioli as gent gets of bank job two kiddies then go on it chap puts no more than fiver in, look round IM board chap dont realise collect tenner red repeat gets of taking his twenty. Mean while get seventy of tioli onto bankjob whack forty in take red bj for 140 whilst kiddie look at us, last words that would of been u of your fiver lol.
How much profit will you make?!?!?!
wildcat

Post by wildcat »

I saw a woman on a power 5 collect a £10 repeater while the sign was flashing, she took her money and happyly walked away. I went on, £3 in and got im for £70 then another im for £35 then a dond game which gave £33, i walked with £138, her face was a picture!
insert 20p to play
clarkey1984

Post by clarkey1984 »

Mate saw someone get offered cashpot on one of the DONDs (think it was a gold?) and somehow not notice, played on till the end, box held a quid.
deano8177 wrote:When I rang him I asked if I could play any of the gaming machines and he said no cos they keep getting fiddled. Then I said I'd be down soon to watch the football, and that I was going to shit in his urinal.
thecannonball89 wrote:If you go out on a friday night to play a deadmans and end up going out up town having 5bags of heavly cut drugs end up in the brothel, and wake up feeling like shit on monday morning sitting out a p3 dial trying to make bk ur losses of a 5am roulette sesion, your probly a player
:lol:
dorkins

Post by dorkins »

[quote="&quot"]I once collected a shit feature instead of mega streak on a hilo silver, did'nt care at the time because i was very drunk after lots of pints, but was wounded the next day, it was a next credit too which made it worse! :o ops:

lol easily done especially if you dont play hi low silvers often.
Nixxy

Post by Nixxy »

Seen several punters miss the Barcrest logo 'blinking' on YDD and Lucky Strike - easily done - and also a foreign chap who didn't spot the pulsing Throw a Wobbler logo. Seen the red logo on The Great Escape missed (not deliberately before you ask).

Saw one guy collect £5 on a silent IM board on Poker Face - again easily done I suppose if you don't know about it. Hopped on and it went in very quickly.

Perhaps the most amusing thing I've seen - as I've said on here before - is the guy who announced to an arcade that he had an IM board on the B3 Rainbow Riches Pots of Gold, where the outer lights on the Triple 7 cabinet light up red when you get Leps/Wells, the look on his face when the wheel spun to 'Collect' with him on £15 was priceless :)
This machine may at times offer a choice where the player has every chance of bankruptcy