Gangsters

General fruit machine related chat, if it doesn't fit another category discuss it here..
bowie

Gangsters

Post by bowie »

I was on a fruit today and had a couple of local faces on the table behind me, from what i heard they had an interest in my playing.

Makes me think, do you think there might be part of the organised crime fraternity with more than a casual interest in this game, i mean, somebody has to have a programmer on there payroll.

And yes, i shat it, got off and left.
uber-pro

Post by uber-pro »

Course there is, tooling.

Why would organised crime make things hard for themselves by limiting their exploits to specific software, when they can just crack the "box" open?

Wouldn't worry about anyone talking about stuff like that, unless I knew for sure the pub was owned by local crime.

Even then if you dont act paranoid or guilty they wont bother you afterwards.

Get back in and finish the job! :D
bowie

Post by bowie »

Nah mate, small town and as far as i ken i'm the only town local with knowledge, they start seeing me on the same machine in certain pubs they'll start 'taking me to the side', it's the sort of people i'd rather avoid. I'd suppose it'd start being a case of 'we know what you're doing, start paying us a wee bit and you'll be alright' protection money of sort i suppose, comes with the territory of playing the same places in one town i suppose.
bowie

Post by bowie »

Or it might be a case of me being on the radar as being someone who might have a wee bit more cash on me than the normal punter, easy target i suppose, i've seen the same set of guys behind me in a couple of pubs, it can only be soon enough they realise that sending a few of the young team after me might be result in a couple of hundred quid in their pocket. Worst thing about that is, i only play at night after work, no banking for me.
redlinesman

Post by redlinesman »

Keep away, it's not worth the risk over a single machine. Once people link your face to playing the machine, that's it, stop going in. If your actually talking about local faces who have an interest, keep well away because its not just worth the risk.
bowie

Post by bowie »

It's not just one machine though, it's maybe a couple of machines in a couple of pubs, not recently i must admit, but, it can only be a matter of time they realise that there's money to be made off of someone who makes money off an untaxed source, these guys aren't exactly mafia dons by any means, but, they could easily strip me of coin if they wanted, i might be paranoid but i was spooked by the interest they took tonight on me on an amazing. More fire from these men than landlords?? It's even a recession for gangsters too.
Spyder

Post by Spyder »

bowie wrote:It's not just one machine though, it's maybe a couple of machines in a couple of pubs, not recently i must admit, but, it can only be a matter of time they realise that there's money to be made off of someone who makes money off an untaxed source, these guys aren't exactly mafia dons by any means, but, they could easily strip me of coin if they wanted, i might be paranoid but i was spooked by the interest they took tonight on me on an amazing. More fire from these men than landlords?? It's even a recession for gangsters too.
wait till they are in again and lose £200 down the back and make a scene of losing it... keep saying "two hundered fucking quid and no decent wins.. a FUCKING joke" make a point of opening your wallet and taking out a messy fiver, trying to get it to go in the note changer then just walk off muttering... if they make eye contact with you, just say summat like "theres only one winner in the long run, ive just put a weeks wages in that fucker" and walk out...

they might think you're a complete addict then... and whatever you play just make sure you are discreet from now on.
BFK

Post by BFK »

Tony from Oxford.
badders2

Post by badders2 »

bowie wrote:It's not just one machine though, it's maybe a couple of machines in a couple of pubs, not recently i must admit, but, it can only be a matter of time they realise that there's money to be made off of someone who makes money off an untaxed source, these guys aren't exactly mafia dons by any means, but, they could easily strip me of coin if they wanted, i might be paranoid but i was spooked by the interest they took tonight on me on an amazing. More fire from these men than landlords?? It's even a recession for gangsters too.
other players
pompey are in league one ha ha ha
mr lugsy

Post by mr lugsy »

Spyder wrote:
wait till they are in again and lose £200 down the back and make a scene of losing it... keep saying "two hundered fucking quid and no decent wins.. a FUCKING joke" make a point of opening your wallet and taking out a messy fiver, trying to get it to go in the note changer then just walk off muttering... if they make eye contact with you, just say summat like "theres only one winner in the long run, ive just put a weeks wages in that fucker" and walk out...

they might think you're a complete addict then... and whatever you play just make sure you are discreet from now on.

......in which case they'd just tax him before he hit the machine?
Mattb

Post by Mattb »

What about this lot then:

http://www.cambridge-news.co.uk/Home/CC ... ations.htm

Top image looks like they are in Peterborough services juding by those fruits (CYBTB, Star Wars, HOF). Not seen any of them, but they stole quite a bit!
"Sixty percent of the time, it works, every time!"
Mattb

Post by Mattb »

I think i overheard an engineer saying they somehow got hold of keys for the cashboxes at the bottom and took all the coins that had gone in there. Bent employees selling them on??
"Sixty percent of the time, it works, every time!"
trayhop123

Post by trayhop123 »

shit , im a well known face on the fruit scene ,,,,,,,,,, and i too have a distinctive tattoo across the back of my neck ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, not sure the police are looking for one of doctor octopus's claw's though :P

seriously though , i bet someone on here knows em.
Little discipline = BIG issue

2 down for the melons

Post by 2 down for the melons »

All i can suggest is, try different times playing, hopefully they wont be there?

Its a tricky situation, if u really feel its imminent that theyr'e going to approach you for money..then best to avoid the pubs in question..otherwise they may feel they have rights on every pub you play in, once they have made a move on you..
bowie

Post by bowie »

badders2 wrote:
other players
If only it was that easy mate, try diamond smugglers and drug dealers, i wish i was joking.