Another one bites the dust

General fruit machine related chat, if it doesn't fit another category discuss it here..
AMK

Another one bites the dust

Post by AMK »

Not that anybody cares. But the small arcade in Leeds train station has closed down. Think it closed around 2 weeks ago.

Even had a 10p extreme hehe.

Was player central towards the end. STC, a coin, hof, dial. Only maybe a year ago it still had a hotstuff and vamp on 25.

Looks like it went bust. Someone had it in for the old cow in there though. Always scratching nonsense about her on the machines lol.
... Join The Party!
Glendale

Post by Glendale »

So did joywheel in ips! Serves them right for banning me!
I am Glendale, much better than you!
logopolis

Post by logopolis »

They couldn't be bothered to travel from Clacton to Ipswich for just one arcade! Elliott Ball has his Clacton Pier and Seawick arcade. Plus they have at least 3 more arcades floating about there. They ban anybody who happens to win on a machine.
Mr McStreak

Re: Another one bites the dust

Post by Mr McStreak »

AMK wrote:Not that anybody cares. But the small arcade in Leeds train station has closed down. Think it closed around 2 weeks ago.

Was player central towards the end. STC, a coin, hof, dial. Only maybe a year ago it still had a hotstuff and vamp on 25.

Looks like it went bust. Someone had it in for the old cow in there though. Always scratching nonsense about her on the machines lol.
That woman is a horrible old slag bag. She used to short change people on purpose. Glad its gone under, and Joywheel in ipswich, got banned from there too. Fuck em. :lol:
AMK

Post by AMK »

Joywheel Ips had such an excellent selection of light refreshments. Shame about the attitude of the staff eh tho Darren? ;)
... Join The Party!
pickareel

Post by pickareel »

that fucking ugly fat dyke is a real piece of cunting shit,discusting attitude,used to always do the cabin fever in there the monopoly's and revo were quite decent too,got barred before the dead mans was put in there,tried to sneak in but got barred as my foot entered the door,was the sour showboat staff that were in there having a lunchbreak punt in there that got me barred,saw them all grouped together as i was having a healthy mazooma diet,glad to hear theyve closed down though :D
logopolis

Post by logopolis »

Yeah but they couldn't give a shit about that arcade. Its the 5 or 6 around Clacton that would hurt them if they got shut down. I suppose that fat woman just might be unemployed now though.
mr lugsy

Post by mr lugsy »

where abouts was joywheel in ipswich?
discostu

Post by discostu »

RIP

I basically lived in there from 98 - 2003. Was amusing watching players from other towns passing through and wasting a score checking stuff. :)

What was it called tho, i cant remember for the life of me...

They had one in wakefield too (with a thunderbird worker but you had to pay the staff a cut to let you do it lol).
mr lugsy

Post by mr lugsy »

there used to one in upper-orwell street called 'the orwell leisure lounge'

dave manning from felixstowe had it for along time.
skinner

Post by skinner »

Glendale wrote:So did joywheel in ips! Serves them right for banning me!
Didnt you tread on her dog on the way out once?it let out one hell of a yelp if i remember right.
Mattb

Post by Mattb »

Not sure on the name, could be joywheel....had a dead mans inside the door?

That was dead when i went in there ages ago, but a Crazy Cobra up the back was randomly going, got a £50 top from that off about a score and was duly barred. 8)
"Sixty percent of the time, it works, every time!"
MrRed

Re: Another one bites the dust

Post by MrRed »

AMK wrote:Not that anybody cares. But the small arcade in Leeds train station has closed down. Think it closed around 2 weeks ago.

They still had Hot Stuff and Vamp just before it shut 2 weeks back
They also had a Yabba Dabba darts

Had a roll in on that STC once, cost £8 for a £105 followed by a £70 next credit
deano8177

Post by deano8177 »

Mattb wrote:Not sure on the name, could be joywheel....had a dead mans inside the door?

That was dead when i went in there ages ago, but a Crazy Cobra up the back was randomly going, got a £50 top from that off about a score and was duly barred. 8)
yeah that's the one. Billy and his brother are fucking pricks. They have some fruit on some fucked up settings

Post by 999329753 »

joywheel upper brook street opposite sainsburys. leisure lounge was the place for machines circa 1992 - 1996. loads of classics and a mix of fruits and aracde machines. that place closed over 10 years ago i think