Barcrest - unique bid auction

General fruit machine related chat, if it doesn't fit another category discuss it here..
Texas Pete

Barcrest - unique bid auction

Post by Texas Pete »

Remember that auction for the brand new Bully For You machine filled with £400, whereby the lowest unique bid would win it? I got a text informing me that the winning bid was exactly £1.50!

Can't believe it was won on such a 'round' number, I tried to make all mine as random as possible in the hope that no-one else would think of them.

I also recieved a text shortly before the end of the auction letting me know that there was still 5 un-taken bids all below £3. In hindsight, I should have bid once on every number from 1p to £3, at a cost of £1.50 per text, this would have been an outlay of £450, so taking into account the free £400 that came with the m/c, a total outlay of £50 for a brand new BFU!

I probably wouldn't have risked it thinking that surely some eagle-eyed scam artist would have spotted exactly the same opportunity, but the result speaks for itself! A missed opportunity if ever there was one.
CrosbyRules

Post by CrosbyRules »

Definetly. I didn't text, but my theory on all of them is that if you spent enough, you would win and win more than you spent.
Unbelievable Jeff
taps

Post by taps »

yeah got exactly the same text

did,nt think of texting all the bid from 1 -300 though

then again my misses pays my mobile bill she would have had a fit :lol:
Fruiter

Post by Fruiter »

There's another one starting soon, but my bill came and the extra £15 didn't help so i'll leave it :roll:

Post by Guest »

Can I just correct you there? The machine in question was Yabba Dabba Darts (YDD), not Bully For You (BFU).
andy

Post by andy »

does it really matter?? :wink:

Post by Guest »

Short answer: YES! GET YOUR FACTS RIGHT!! :roll: :!: :lol:

Long answer: Not really, they're almost the same thing play wise.
mattrick

Post by mattrick »

I thought the same thing chaps but unfortunately they limit your number of bids to about 20!!

I know because i bid 20 times like a saddo!!

:(