Savings??

General fruit machine related chat, if it doesn't fit another category discuss it here..

Now that the game is slackening off most people should have AT LEAST 20k saved(conservative).What ha

0-10k
34%
10-20
6%
20-30
14%
30-50
14%
50-100
17%
100+
14%

Total votes: 35

betchrider

Savings??

Post by betchrider »

What are peoples ideas for when they have to enter the big wide world of employment?Which may or may not be sooner than they think
The Duke of betchington Betchrider
MrRed

Post by MrRed »

What i always wonder is, what happens when you full time players go to get a job?

The first question they will want to know is, what have you be doing for the last xx years? What was your last employment etc etc

A difficult one to answer i think

Not having a dig here just curious as to what you would say
anfield road

Post by anfield road »

I have savings and a fiesta st and a flat etc but never worked never intend to so i aint arsed I will work something out - not in the sense of a machine btw
justice For The 96
harry2

Post by harry2 »

Got about 40 in the bank + only five years on the mortgage. House is worth about £250k. Probably wasted about £300k in my lifetime , but don't regret a minute. Need to save for about ten years to have a comfortable old age. Maybe get a buy to rent, depending on the market in five years. Not a pro player, so you guys have a different slant.
Roulette free since December 2011.
AMK

Post by AMK »

Money Talks! Higher than 11? Are you mad? ;) I find it best to have £100 a week taken from current to savings. Have ISAs too.

Overall I spend a lot on living. The machines wreck my head so I need to holiday 3 times a year lol.
silent g

Post by silent g »

simple answer for me, i dont save nuffin atm.
im 25 and i just live life day by day for now.
if i only make £300 in a week on fruits and claim £300 a week in tax payers monies i spend the £600 that week, if i win £1000 on fruits i spend the £1300 in the week.
my kids and wifee have everything they want and thats all that matters for now.
obviously i will start saving and live the safe life one day but not at this point.
condoms... ribbed for her pleasure! turn it inside out and its ribbed for my pleasure :)
trayhop123

Post by trayhop123 »

MrRed wrote:What i always wonder is, what happens when you full time players go to get a job?

The first question they will want to know is, what have you be doing for the last xx years? What was your last employment etc etc

A difficult one to answer i think

Not having a dig here just curious as to what you would say

cant you just say you have worked cash in hand for your dad , as his assistant etc , and now he's retiring ,,,,,,,,,,, ????? would that do ,,,,,,, ?? i dont know all the legal ramifications??? but maybe .

as for me , i have no back up plan whatsoever ,,,,,,,,,,, but im sure when the fateful day finally arrives a few of us leicester players might club together a small investment stab at some kind of business ,,,,,,,,,,, if it fails ,,,,,, at least we can say we had a go.

besides if it does , i can always fall back on being a full time superhero , :P
Little discipline = BIG issue

jeffvickers

Post by jeffvickers »

Its not hard to lie on your CV if you know a dodgy businessman,
MoterWayServiceMan

Post by MoterWayServiceMan »

jeffs got a 5er
BN1!!
Matt Vinyl

Post by Matt Vinyl »

Its not hard to lie on your CV if you know a dodgy businessman
...or how to write...
"And do you ever contradict yourself, Minister?" "Well, yes and no..."
PMK

Post by PMK »

I just piss all my money up the wall.

Beer, wine, crabbies and vodka. Each one my special nest egg!!
yorkie

Post by yorkie »

If fruits end tomoz betch you know you can't complain mate. Pretty sure theres a bit of life in the old dog yet.
Mortgage free next year coupled with a hard working wife and a few shrewd investments i think i will be ok.
ben twilly

Post by ben twilly »

every penny i make "extra" i bung into capital items. eventually. better to turn around your "earnings" into something rather than the po po turning up and you've got a few bags of sand stuffed around the house. but live everyday as tho its your last.

cos u never know what tommorow brings, and another good thing is dont tell the missus about everything you have, cos u never know wen its goin to go tits up. and i guarantee if your second brain is to blame, and u know wot i mean, she'll kick u out on your ass. and you need sum spondos.
Scott

Post by Scott »

I'm alright for a few quid, but i ain't got no trade to fall back on if it all goes tits up tomorrow, i'll worry about that if and when it happens. Live for today :)
Cobwebs 👆
sir ratholer

Post by sir ratholer »

I won't be slitting my wrists if it ends tomorrow, but as it stands I'm happy for it to continue as it is. Personally speaking I haven't had any downturn in earnings, although I can see if x locations get taken out then the potential is there for that.

I haven't worked for 13 years now, although I do have a degree. As far as other things to fall back on, I have several potential irons in the fire, but at the moment one is far more advanced than the other. Having said that both are very low risk and potentially high return so will definitely be explored in leaner times.
Bored of the grind.