Claiming Short Pays On Behalf Of Fruitchatters

General fruit machine related chat, if it doesn't fit another category discuss it here..
sir ratholer

Claiming Short Pays On Behalf Of Fruitchatters

Post by sir ratholer »

Hi everyone,

I'm forming a new business which will hopefully be of benefit to fruitchatters.

I'm sure most of you reading this have experienced a lot of hassle with claiming IOUs/Short Pays from fruit and quiz machines, and are probably owed a lot of money overall which you've never claimed. I know I have, well into the thousands.

So what I am setting up is a company which does the work for you. Whenever you have problems claiming an IOU, please refer the situation to me.

What I need from you would be:-

1) Pub Name and Location
2) Machine in question
3) Machine operator
4) Amount in question
5) Any other relevant information, e.g. any discussion you had with staff/machine operator. Photo evidence would also be very useful.

This service is of no risk whatsoever to yourself. I will take 50% of the short pay for my work, but incur all the costs involved in sorting out the dispute. I only receive this 50% upon settlement from the machine operator, so it costs you nothing! Please note, though, I will only arrange claims which are over £10.

I am able to pay fruitchatters in the event of a successful claim via internet transfer, cheque, or paypal.

I am starting this from Monday, 18th January. Please feel free to pm me with any questions, or short pay issues you already have, and I will endeavour to sort them out asap - I will be out of the country from the 10th-17th though, so please do not worry if I don't get back to you immediately.

I look forward to hearing from you,

Dan (sir ratholer).
Bored of the grind.
jaffacat

Post by jaffacat »

50% :shock:

Sounds like a good idea but 50% is a bit steep. Better doing 15 - 20% plus £5.
GaryChandler

Post by GaryChandler »

Yeah i was thinking that. maybe 25%
Thumper

Post by Thumper »

If you have tried everything you can think of and have got nowhere. You are still owed money that the operator is refusing to pay out.
In this case what have you got to lose? 50% is still more than 100% of nothing...
GaryChandler

Post by GaryChandler »

This is true!
jaffacat

Post by jaffacat »

Thumper wrote:If you have tried everything you can think of and have got nowhere. You are still owed money that the operator is refusing to pay out.
In this case what have you got to lose? 50% is still more than 100% of nothing...
"If you have a problem, if no-one else can help, and if you can find him, maybe you can hire Sir Ratholer!"
JG

Post by JG »

For he is a soldier of fortune, otherwise known as part of 'The pAy Team'.

Christ. :roll: Coat. Now.

Also listen, all you industry guys, 'The Pay Team' is licenced to JGcrest, George Warehouse, and GeorgeGay. So no ripping me off. If you want to do a Pay Team £500er then please ask me first via this board. I'll not expect any sort of payback, just a nod and a friendly mention in the help section amongst the Gamcare stuff. Name of this machine from some bloke on a AWP chat board. That sort of thing.

Cheers.
blackmogu

Post by blackmogu »

You need to set up a transfer-of-rights form template online, so that people can give you a signature and piece of paper / pdf that you can use to chase the companies with. This will avoid the inevitable "we only deal with claims made by the owner".

But not a bad idea on the whole. Once the companies that like to do the old insurance scam thingy (deny all claims outright, then only a lesser percentage of clients will chase it, resulting in an automatic gain for the company) realise that you are tenacious, it will be alot smoother.

Why, if you recorded all their blocking and denial tactics, you could probably take them to court for shady trading practices.

Bravo anyways !
"If only there were evil people somewhere insidiously committing evil deeds, and it were necessary only to separate them from the rest of us and destroy them. But the line dividing good and evil cuts through the heart of every human being. And who is willing to destroy a piece of his own heart?"
Spyder

Post by Spyder »

are you taking the piss?

its a simple letter, in worst case senario you have to put someone elses name on the letter.. a friend or relative, and threaten small claims court.. have the guts to call it through, and its a winner all round..

if you pay someone else to do this for you, and their "company" name gets mentioned too much, then its gunna end up messy, everyone in the buisness is gonna know your name and address... why on earth would you want that?

just put the letter you are gonna write into fruitchat and make it copy/paste able, then it'll be of benefit.. 50%?? lol unreal.
sir ratholer

Post by sir ratholer »

Hi guys,

Thanks for your thoughts so far - blackmogu especially, I have already thought of how to get round such a problem along these lines.

I don't want to enter into a discussion about the percentage issue, what I propose is what I am sticking to - but it's reasonable to say that there is a decent sized outlay initially and also I will have to incur some costs running the operation - hence I think 50% is pretty fair. And as Thumper says, 50% of something which you are on the point of writing off is far better than nothing.

Spyder - thanks for your concerns but I can alleviate all of them. I have a company name, business address which is different to my residential address etc...
Bored of the grind.
mr lugsy

Post by mr lugsy »

i would love to see the looks on the faces of some of the industry people when they read this topic :)

as already mentioned, a photograph would be very helpful ,especially with a copy of the daily paper in the frame and/or a member of staff.

all the best with this Dan , i love it when a plAn comes together.
Dunhamzzz

Post by Dunhamzzz »

You will get tonnes of bogus claims, and even if you dont, the operators often tell you to claim the money from the pub (after going through the engineer etc) which obviously you can't do.

It's not like you can prove anything either, there's no official IOU slip you can just wave in someones face. There's no real legal system to back you up. There's a reason you have £1000s worth of IOUs, it just takes either a barman, engineer, or even the manu just to say "dont' know anything about it mate/can't help you", and you're stuck. Most of them will say this as they have little stake in the situation.

Even if you can convince someone to send a cheque, they probably won't address it to you, it'd be in their best interests to pay their customer, not some business that was purposely set up to take money from them.

Also if it's a "business" you'll have to pay taxes, run accounts etc and ypu'll certainly want more than 50% if 50% is just a 5er. Banks even charge you for processing cheques!!
anfield road

Post by anfield road »

Dunhamzzz wrote:You will get tonnes of bogus claims, and even if you dont, the operators often tell you to claim the money from the pub (after going through the engineer etc) which obviously you can't do.

It's not like you can prove anything either, there's no official IOU slip you can just wave in someones face. There's no real legal system to back you up. There's a reason you have £1000s worth of IOUs, it just takes either a barman, engineer, or even the manu just to say "dont' know anything about it mate/can't help you", and you're stuck. Most of them will say this as they have little stake in the situation.

Even if you can convince someone to send a cheque, they probably won't address it to you, it'd be in their best interests to pay their customer, not some business that was purposely set up to take money from them.

Also if it's a "business" you'll have to pay taxes, run accounts etc and ypu'll certainly want more than 50% if 50% is just a 5er. Banks even charge you for processing cheques!!
justice For The 96
trayhop123

Post by trayhop123 »

I AINT GETTING ON NO CLAIM SUCKER
Little discipline = BIG issue