Claiming Short Pays On Behalf Of Fruitchatters

General fruit machine related chat, if it doesn't fit another category discuss it here..
mr lugsy

Post by mr lugsy »

trayhop123 wrote:I AINT GETTING ON NO CLAIM SUCKER
chortle :D
Drpepper

Post by Drpepper »

well all he has to do register as a company for £100 and it's a seperate entity to him so he's got no issues with himself getting in any trouble.

And it's not gonna be hard to write off most of the profits for "expenses" such as travelling or misc costs or whatever sort of creative accounting he feels like doing, certainly not as stupid an idea as some people are making out.
chapman

Post by chapman »

Dunhamzzz wrote:You will get tonnes of bogus claims, and even if you dont, the operators often tell you to claim the money from the pub (after going through the engineer etc) which obviously you can't do.

It's not like you can prove anything either, there's no official IOU slip you can just wave in someones face. There's no real legal system to back you up. There's a reason you have £1000s worth of IOUs, it just takes either a barman, engineer, or even the manu just to say "dont' know anything about it mate/can't help you", and you're stuck. Most of them will say this as they have little stake in the situation.

Even if you can convince someone to send a cheque, they probably won't address it to you, it'd be in their best interests to pay their customer, not some business that was purposely set up to take money from them.

Also if it's a "business" you'll have to pay taxes, run accounts etc and ypu'll certainly want more than 50% if 50% is just a 5er. Banks even charge you for processing cheques!!
Completly agree, think you will come across alot problems..
STEVIE1888

Re: Claiming Short Pays On Behalf Of Fruitchatters

Post by STEVIE1888 »

[quote="&quot"]Hi everyone,

I'm forming a new business which will hopefully be of benefit to fruitchatters.

I'm sure most of you reading this have experienced a lot of hassle with claiming IOUs/Short Pays from fruit and quiz machines, and are probably owed a lot of money overall which you've never claimed. I know I have, well into the thousands.

So what I am setting up is a company which does the work for you. Whenever you have problems claiming an IOU, please refer the situation to me.

What I need from you would be:-

1) Pub Name and Location
2) Machine in question
3) Machine operator
4) Amount in question
5) Any other relevant information, e.g. any discussion you had with staff/machine operator. Photo evidence would also be very useful.

This service is of no risk whatsoever to yourself. I will take 50% of the short pay for my work, but incur all the costs involved in sorting out the dispute. I only receive this 50% upon settlement from the machine operator, so it costs you nothing! Please note, though, I will only arrange claims which are over £10.

a bit much mate fruit machines have a beter pay out than u
betchrider

Post by betchrider »

?
The Duke of betchington Betchrider
JG

Post by JG »

After running that text through the old grey matter a few times, it came up with
"Fruitmachines pay 70% to 98% and Sir Ratholer's service has a 50% commision, 50% payback. Thereby the figures of percentage used on fruit machines are higher."

Yes, but there is no risk on Sir ratholer's service whilst staking money in a fruit machine incurs a risk. 50% of £10 is less than a 30% house advantage on £200 staked to get value.

I'd be surprised if this is the sole focus for this whole venture, this being fruit machine short pay claims. I think this is a springboard for a wider variety of similar(ish) services.
JG
Shaggerty

Post by Shaggerty »

A Deal or no deal gold swallowed my £10 note.

WHATCHA GONNA DO?!
sir ratholer

Post by sir ratholer »

Dunhamzzz wrote:You will get tonnes of bogus claims, and even if you dont, the operators often tell you to claim the money from the pub (after going through the engineer etc) which obviously you can't do.

It's not like you can prove anything either, there's no official IOU slip you can just wave in someones face. There's no real legal system to back you up. There's a reason you have £1000s worth of IOUs, it just takes either a barman, engineer, or even the manu just to say "dont' know anything about it mate/can't help you", and you're stuck. Most of them will say this as they have little stake in the situation.

Even if you can convince someone to send a cheque, they probably won't address it to you, it'd be in their best interests to pay their customer, not some business that was purposely set up to take money from them.

Also if it's a "business" you'll have to pay taxes, run accounts etc and ypu'll certainly want more than 50% if 50% is just a 5er. Banks even charge you for processing cheques!!
Banks don't actually do this - they offer fee free banking for new business for the first 18 months of existence.

I don't want to get into a 'is it good/bad' argument - I'm offering this service which people can feel free to take up at any time with no risk whatsoever to themselves.

As far as the above quoted post goes, I had considered all these points before even posting the initial post on here, and I have come up with defences for all the above arguments and ways to alleviate each problem.

I'm back from holiday as of now so if you want to make a claim, let me know!
Bored of the grind.
Dunhamzzz

Post by Dunhamzzz »

Yeah fair enough. As JG said, I'm sure this won't be the only service you offer through this business.

Also if you could run loads of your services through the business accounts: phone, internet, even claim some petrol (you have to be careful with petrol tho), general car wear and tear etc.

Hope you do work out the problems, and when it comes down to it, there really isn't much for you to lose (apart from maybe tearing out your hair),a few stamps and phone calls aren't gonna set you back much at all.

If you need a website setup, pm me and let me know, I'll provide my services :)
chapman

Post by chapman »

What makes you think the manufacturers will even bother listening to you? Yes whoever your claiming for has given consent but i dont think there going to take it politely " Hi, im calling on behalf of so and so for unpaid fruit machine winnings / losses" dont think theyll like a company based on fruit machine claims. What have you called your company out of interest?
steveseagull

Post by steveseagull »

If this a serious enterprise on your account Sir R, then all the best.
if you aint in it you cant win it!
ignore the knockers.

Just make sure your customer service skills to your clients are alot better than most of your/our advisaries.

Good luck from me.
In Gustavo Augusto Poyet Dominguez we trust.
Scott

Post by Scott »

I'm having a bit of bother with a £40 IOU, i was collecting the bank on a Star wars (Red) over a week ago, it came up 'hopper tamper' (which to be honest never looks good) left details etc and heard nothing so far, its in a different city and i'm going later, might have to get Sir Rath on the case, really don't wanna get barred, its got 2 very good hits in there.

These have a new alarm on them, 'call manager' it says over and over, can't say i'm unhappy to see the back of 'HEY CHECK IT OUT' thats made me shit meself on more than one occasion :lol:
Cobwebs 👆
MrRed

Post by MrRed »

I am chasing a £54 IOU from a HLS on Gamestec
Posting my letter tomorrow, after they said there was no discrepency in the meter readings
I have the head barman as a witness 100% who agrees its disgusting

So i am sending off my letter in the morning
Lets see what, if any reply i get
MoterWayServiceMan

Post by MoterWayServiceMan »

Yea get that on the go.
BN1!!
sir ratholer

Post by sir ratholer »

Good luck guys!
Bored of the grind.