Not sure what its called

General fruit machine related chat, if it doesn't fit another category discuss it here..
harry2

Post by harry2 »

Roulette free since December 2011.
mr lugsy

Post by mr lugsy »

i know a bit about carnival games, i worked for a bit for a couple of different firms on butlins .
tin cans need not be different weights as you can control the payout adequately by spacing them wide apart. i still have the record for takings on this :wink:
lobsterpots (where you have to get the balls to stay in the large bucket without bouncing out)h.b leisure paid an american firm 1500 quid for the secret of this ,which is just half a tennis ball behind the bottom of the tilted bucket lol,it will make even a lightly thrown ball come out.
the method to win on this is to aim for the front bottom lip of the bucket with plenty of backspin ,get this right and you can rinse 'em.

the loony ladder is another butlins favourite,basically a ladder strung on a pivot and on an incline ,you must crawl to the top without coming off it , or laying down on it, and ring the bell at the top,even the slightest offset of weight will cause it to spin.
the method is to alternate you hand and feet movements by moving your left leg and right arm simultaneously,and vice versa .this still requires a little practise and is much easier with a little slack on the ladder . small children win on this more than adults.self included i know a couple of people who can walk up this backwards,but that's just plain old showing off.
dannyedge25

-

Post by dannyedge25 »

is that what ya do lugsy go round playing em for the sweeties?
mr lugsy

Post by mr lugsy »

lol no ,but there is one, a pusher that has chocolates on it instead of money,you have to scoop the sweets up from a revolving conveyer and drop them onto the pusher, it has a yellow wedge on the pusher bed ,if you can push the wedge off with the sweets it triggers the jpt of a box of celebrations ,yipppee.
if the wedge is close to the edge ,i will go for it ,i'm not proud :wink: you gotta be in to win.
dannyedge25

-

Post by dannyedge25 »

lol yeah me mate had go on once got major prize never played one before about a yr ago and picked a pink digital camera by mistake.
Pheature

Post by Pheature »

sounds like fun lol...
not many carnivals around northern ireland, occasonly theres somthing like the lamas fair or that
harry2

Post by harry2 »

Sounds like Paul Daniel's Bunkum Booth !!!
Roulette free since December 2011.
Matt Vinyl

Post by Matt Vinyl »

Ah, the childhood joys of the tuppeny pusher, the 'place your bets now!' Grand National race (2p for Red Rum to win!) the odour of fried onions and hot-dogs, along with the meerest suggestion of candyfloss.

The comic value of watching some kid win 10billion tickets, triumphantly walking up to the attendant and exchanging them all for a chocolate teapot. :)

The memory of having sand in my shoes and my Nan saying 'just one more pounds-worth of 2p's!'

Anyway...

...lol

Stacker: Was having a rather pleasant mixed-grill in a pub with the missus a few weeks back and they had one of these on the 'kid's play area' :shock: . Some woman was on it from the moment I creaked open the front door on entry to the time I got up, full of steak and sausage. She won a few of those flashing polyp-plops, but no more. Easily £30/£40 through it.

Also like when I was at a seaside arcade (Herne-bay - lol!) a few weeks back and a woman was creaming tickets out of some fruit-machine (!) which she emptied! She then moved on to the next machine and proceeded to do the same - I didn't notice at first that she was sticking £20s in to get them! So the enquiring side got the better of me and I rolled over to ask what she was going to get with them. "Oh, I want a Nintendo DS for my son, it's only 15,000 tickets!" I said OK and sauntered off, quickly pondering the maths. She'd have to spend a good £250-£300 to get enough for one of those... ...Um, aren't they only £99 in the shops? :lol:
"And do you ever contradict yourself, Minister?" "Well, yes and no..."
Pheature

Post by Pheature »

these are so rigged. they look good thou, break the glass and take what you want. IMO.
JG

Post by JG »

Any operator with any sense wouldn't be filling up a glass box with lots of Nav Sats and SD wii boxes, however if you need a sugar rush and lots of lurid flashy lights, those pops might be worth a pop.

Ok, ok what did I come here for?

Yes Mr Lugsy, I bet you don't have this one at Butlins, the ahem.

Hold on.

"The Reverse Bicycle"

It looks like a normal bicycle. It has two wheels, a saddle, a cross bar, a saddle bag, a dial, a red(7) with a four on it, brake blocks and some Shimano-TV-6 cantilever hub nut aluminium dioxide crank shaft wooobla hooblas.

Here's the hook. The mark walks up to the bicycle. Jess stands on the grass looking really fit. The big guy with the beard does funny stuff with cards and lulls passers by into a false sense of security. The other guy sits in a Transit van knocking up fake ID and doing other clever stuff with the hash key on his mobile phone. Someone flogs this to the BBC.
Anyway, the mark walks up and pays the Round Table people £1 poiarnnd (Somerset accent) ukp coinage currency. The mark sits on the saddle of the bicycle whilst catching sneaky glimpses of Jess (arse or tits, I'd go for the crafty view of the arse myself). The mark needs to pedal the bicycle 1245 miles from the sideshow to John O'Goats to the end of the land back to the carnival where there is a £5 Getting Ziggy with it next to a Snailblazer and an IJ2. Easy you say. What fooker couldn't do that in under ten seconds? Here's the hook.
It's a....a....reverse bicycle. That means...actually here's a useful scientific table to explain what that means.

1) Handlebar Steerage Direction (HSD constant) = LEFT
Velocity and momentum sensory quotient (VMSQ thingy) = RIGHT
2) Handlebar Steerage Direction (DFS constant) = RIGHT
Velocity and momentum sensory quotient (VMSQ thingy) = LEFT
3) Handlebar Steerage Direction (IKEA constant) = STRAIGHT AS A DICE
Velocity and momentum sensory quotient (VMSQ thingy) = BLAST OFF!

For the more branier of yous, that means when you steer the bike to the bloody left, it goes fucking right and when you steer it pissing right it goes plonking left, ok? If you can do it straight then you are a hoopershoeman.

Anyways, I thinks I has the answer for the reverse bicycle conundrum. It has never been tested, but I shall be KEEPING a keen eye on all the local SCHOOL FETES, LION'S SHOWS and ROUND TABLE EVENTS. If I see a reverse bicycle, I'll try this emptier and see if I can bankrupt all those bleedin' charities with my reverse bicycle skillz.

Any of the more brainy, attentive of you know teh answer to the reverse bicycle conundrum?
Scott

Post by Scott »

I've always wondered how those bikes work, saw one years ago on a pier somewhere, i had a go and fell off :o ops:
Cobwebs 👆
JG

Post by JG »

Ok, I'll tell you what the answer may or may not be from someone who worked with bikes for many years.

Put your left hand on the right side of the handlebars. Put your right hand on the left side of the handlebars. Off you pedal! If you can ride a bike, you should stay saddled. They may have been pulling my leg, but give it a go!
mr lugsy

Post by mr lugsy »

well j.g i think youz got me with that one.....................unless you sit on it backwards maybe,never seen one in the wild ........need to get one back to the luglab to scutinise and exercise a bit.once you learn how ,i'd imagine it being a bit like riding a bike.
mr lugsy

Post by mr lugsy »

damn got side tracked thinking about jess and her ass while posting that ,of course you cross your arms silly lugsy.
JG

Post by JG »

Great stuff, I'm getting more and more confident of this money making scheme. All we need know are some unrotared bicycles with reverse luminars on and we are quids in.