Funny things you have seen people do when playing machines

General fruit machine related chat, if it doesn't fit another category discuss it here..

Post by Guest »

That chav that accused me of keying Top Giza only looked about 16, and he was in the 18+ area without being ID'd at all. I actually look way over 18 and I got ID'd several times when playing in there. Strange. If I was down I would have been pissed big time, but I ended up leaving there £20 up, so can't complain too much. I had £6 off Megazone after £1 in, broke even on D&N with £1, and finally won £14 off Top Giza with £3.

On the subject of arcades, a couple of years back, one of my mates was in Bournemouth's Sega Park and about five or six chavettes kept annoying him when he was playing on the fruities. When he told them to leave him alone (his exact words BTW), a security guard came over, and literally threw him out the door saying if he came anywhere near Sega Park again he was going to f**king kill him. Turns out the security guard was a boyfriend of one (or several) of the chavettes.

You get some right cunts working in these arcades. Combine them with Mr. Know-it-All and you're on to a losing streak every time!

Funny things you've seen people do when playing machines

Post by Guest »

Not seen any piss in payout trays yet, but have seen cracked glass and people screaming at machines and kicking them when losing. Only just today a woman in the local 'Spoons punched the glass twice (without breaking it though) on Wheel of Wealth (25p/£25JPT), then switched it off at the wall and started muttering to herself something about Bellfruit owing her money because she keeps on losing all the time. She left a credit in the machine when she walked straight out the pub and onto a bus, so walked over, and pressed start to spin the Wheel of Wealth symbols for the feature and from that won £5! Normally I wouldn't do that but she went straight onto a bus. I don't normally play WoW now as in general it sucks.

UPDATE: The JJC at Swindon station has now been replaced with Money Madness by QPS, which is a multistake (10/20/30p) with £25 JPT. Legal Tender (25p/£25 JPT) is still there though. Also the Jackpot Gems in the Ladbrokes at Paddington (mainline) station has been replaced (as of yesterday) with another Cash Quest thingy.
prizeguy

Post by prizeguy »

Yeah its amazing the amount of people who think that as a right the machine should fill your pockets and forget its designed to eat your cash. Speaking of bell fruit has anyone played what I think I is called classic bullseye? (the one with the 3 hi lo's) It must be the least fun machine ever. It has been recently converted to 10p £5 at the arcade (was also crap at £25 jackpot) put in £10 for a board and it killed me on a 11 on 60p( doesnt round up).

Post by Guest »

Some of the older machines don't round up. I was playing some old machines in an arcade once, collected £2.60 and got £2.60. Most recent machines tend to round up to the nearest pound. For example collecting £2.60 would give you a bonus win of 40p to round it up to £3.00. Some machines can be bastards with the hi-lo, happened to me on Wheel of Wealth, got the three symbols for the feature (finally after £10 in), decided to hi-lo first going lower than 11 and killed first gamble giving me a 12, things like that piss me off big time.
prizeguy

Post by prizeguy »

Yeah this was a new machine 2005 it had on the logo under the patents and copyright. If I am playing a £5 jackpot machine I normally prefer the ones which dont round up, as I find they give better gameplay. Some of those £5 barcrest machines often take more than £5 to get on the board

Funny things you've seen people do when playing machines

Post by Guest »

Going back to the original topic, have you had anyone try to have a go at you when playing just because they've lost on there before you got on? Some idiot pressed the hold/lo button when I was playing Bucket Loads as he walked past becase he lost. He was trying to get me to lose, but it was on Cash+1 when I was on the board and won it going lower than a 9 to get a 2, so added £6 to the bank in the end giving me £22 in total, so didn't work! He called me a cunt for winning as well as I left the machine, I just said thanks and left. I wouldn't have continued as you tend to die going lower than an 11 or higher than a 2.