just that old chestnut

General fruit machine related chat, if it doesn't fit another category discuss it here..
redlinesman

Post by redlinesman »

'Yeah he showed two lads the game'

If that was the end of the story I don't think anyone would be making a fuss. I think the general consensus is that it's gone way, way beyond this. It sounds like some unexperienced upstarts displaying terrible judgement but hopefully they may be wiser now.
titchno1

Post by titchno1 »

why make a fuss id say 90% of pros rely on info handed to them. Even the top boys will certainly get some things passed towards them. You never been passed anything? Cant see why you and noels are ganging up on me. i was 17 year old and seen the potential. Oh shit i wish i didnt even bother now because linesman and noels beard dont like it. Before you empty your next '15'. Do you think about me oh shit sean doesnt like me doing these. Somebody showed me the potenial and i jumped at the chance like any normal person would. hey dont work 9-5 for minimum you can make your months wages in a week with out a boss or tax and do whatever you like. No thanks mate ill work the 9-5 instead......

like it or lump it im the same as anyone else in the game no body has priority so pull ya head out your arse and jog on.
titchno1

Post by titchno1 »

i mean is this ever going to end? iv been on here since 2010 and its took this long?!

The fact is nobody likes to see new players i agree with you all. this is the only way anyone my age could of got into the game.

noels beard was introduced hes admitted it. id say nearly everyone on this site is.

so i cant see why you are still rambling on.
titchno1

Post by titchno1 »

i think the fact is im young and a late starter in a lot of peoples eyes. this cant be helped i cant help being young. shoe on the other foot linesman what if id been at it 25 year and u started in 70 when i did would you still be having a go at me? the answer will be no. just because you have been doing them longer it doesnt give you anymore right to some one who starts next year.
Oscar

Post by Oscar »

Whilst Redlinesman makes worthy contributions from time to time he doesn't have an identity and cannot back up his 'wisdom' with answers to basic questions.

Therefore he is best ignored by all.
titchno1

Post by titchno1 »

Not even a reply. Chance of getting this thread deleted because I have gotten myself wound up and explained everything when really I don't have to? Iv wrote my career in it. If anybody wants to know anything else they can do it privately.
Glendale

Post by Glendale »

Summed it up well titch! Nothing they can say as they know nothing! Lino and beardy were just born to play machines! I blame Turk as he was playing about 500 years ago, or so it seems, he showed my cousin who in turn showed me! Shoot the Turk!
I am Glendale, much better than you!
Ruler of The World

Post by Ruler of The World »

I don't see why anyone has to justify being in 'the game' when as titchno says, we all were introduced to it...except me! Well, I did honestly see the potential myself, obviously I met people along the way but I had decided to try going around playing machines 'professionally' without anyone suggesting it, recommending it or whatever. I just felt I knew how to play the machines better than the average mug and obviously I was right! By going out alone and doing this, I was spotted by someone who knew someone who knew someone who knew a top boy or 2 LOL and it went from them wanting to sell me a refill key to realising I was actually their completely untrained competition who only lacked a little knowledge compared to them. I know it sounds like self-worship but this IS the God's honest truth! I loved my JPMs, I swapped a bit of info with another player which was good but nowhere near as good as knowing numbers on JPMs and off I went! Started with Caesar's Palace then went on to Red Arrows, 5 Liners, Hi Rollers, Force 10s, Arcadias, etc. I also loved my Barcrests and knew how to play Temple of Treasure and King Kebab to a good standard. Today I don't think I am anywhere near as good as I was then because I just don't find machines interesting these days, I just see the same old shit features repeated and slightly altered on every fruit - it is so tedious and boring now, there is no innovation.

In case I am going to get any sarcastic comments, no, I don't want a medal!
redlinesman

Post by redlinesman »

No Titchno, you've got me wrong. There is a flow of information that happens and this will always be the case to some extent. I'm not talking about that, I'm talking about 'player creation' this can be a big problem and will more than likely be a much a greater problem for you than it will be for me. The reason for this is if I have to compete, I simply don't bother. I've always had an edge whether it be what I'm playing or schedules (locations) If I had to compete without an edge, the time and effort I'd have to put in would not justify my returns that I would be looking for. I've got 2 investments in businesses that provide a regular return and have some rental income; I could also be up in running in something else or expand my interests in a short space of time so I'd simply make some changes.

The subject and grievance is 'player creation' which is basically just rounding up mates and giving them the tools to be successful, and sometimes not even mates - just random people that may have been bumped into. If a guy looks cool - I'll clue him up, If he drives me around - I'll clue him up, If he borrows me some money - I'll clue him up, If he's got a fit girlfriend - I'll clue him up, If he looks like a hard man - I'll clue him up, If he threatens me - I'll clue him up, If he's struggling for money - I'll clue him up. Do you understand what I'm talking about? This is the type of culture that is fundamentally wrong and one that any player who has anything about him should make a stand against.

I'm not even saying you were part of this culture but it sounds like there's a group who have initiated it in that part of the country. The reason I'm so against is not because I'm selfish, it's because it is 100% unsustainable. Player creation should be avoided at all costs - it will of course happen but those occasions should be indeed very rare. If it became a common trend it would basically see the minority turning into the majority and many would go out of business or it would be much harder to make a living. There's also aggravating issues regarding threats and intimidation as well which is going to anger people and make them come out and speak their mind, hence why several people have done so including Noels as one of the main spokesman. He's doing nothing wrong, he's simply standing up against something that is wrong and could cause us all problems if it gathered pace and started to happen in a widespread manner.

Glendale is another angle to the situation. I don't know who he is or anything about him but his name is synonymous with the subject of training people up. I think the fact that many new start up players tend to say 'He's a good guy Glendale' may speak volumes but I'll reserve judgement without knowing the facts.

I think the overriding fact here is that all us fruit machine players need to act responsible and not just live for each day, it's good to think about the bigger picture sometimes as well. Doing so can lead to smarter decision making which will contribute towards a sustainable future in fruits.

Kind Regards,

Sir Linesman
Glendale

Post by Glendale »

Good line up of machines there mate! Good old jpm skill days! You cant train skill! Must admit my cousin was better on the old school as i was fairly new back then! Turk used to hit every skill dead centre back then! It looked amazing at the time!
Glendale

Post by Glendale »

So why did you not answer oscars question about star wars lino? Surely you gave info in that post? How many of these who say they know me have actually spoke to, or met me? Names please? I go up north 2/3 times a year and only know paul so please enlighten me on these people! If they exist!
Ruler of The World

Post by Ruler of The World »

Linesman, I think Glendale's a good bloke, but I have never met him and 'trained' myself - DID HE CLUE ME UP TOO???????? He just talks sense and you and your corner talk NONSENSE! I refuse to believe he would train anyone up because what's in it for him? Do you even realise the implications yourself? Doesn't look like it because all you and the beard go on about is how far ahead you are of the people you're sat here worrying and complaining about!

What can you possibly get out of writing all of this utter drivel? Who are you even talking to? Find some player training camp and post on there! That is, if they exist! Your points are just tosh, especially where you're going through the list of people this mystery player would 'clue up'!

All I see in that post is NON APPLICABLE TO ANYONE! Sorry, not having a go at you and Noel's out of spite or favouritism towards the others because even if I am not quite in the same boat as you are now, I have been and your preaching about who should be let in and who shouldn't is just a waste of time. We can't control it, we don't decide and what happens happens! LIVE WITH IT! Or DON'T!!!!!
Glendale

Post by Glendale »

Cheers rotw! 3 emptys in your pm box! :-) Training starts at 8am tomorrow so get some sleep!
redlinesman

Post by redlinesman »

Ruler of the Sewers (only kidding)

The main body of my post is nothing to do with Glendale and after all, I did say I would reserve judgement.

To be fair though, I doubt you have any knowledge of the situation that has gone on and are merely peering in from the outside trying to provide a credible viewpoint on something that is not on your radar. People will know much more about the situation than I do, but we have had a small insight into it from one or two other people with good reputations.

Kind Regards, Sir Linesman
Glendale

Post by Glendale »

One weird point lino if these people say "Glendales a good guy" surely that must mean i dont cause trouble? Thought i was the one who caused riots in bristol and liverpool? Doesnt sound like it does it? Despite the fact ive never been to either place in my life!