35's have taken over

General fruit machine related chat, if it doesn't fit another category discuss it here..
ob

Post by ob »

I'd say 95%-99% of machines I know are £35.

Not many "upgraded" machines are infact worse on £35, I'd say reds are better on £35 (remember there was no £25 SMTM and snakes so that doesn't count as "upgraded"), I know I MUCH prefer on a roll £35 to JP gems £25, its a million times better.

Globals, oh the whole better on £35, but still not great!

BFM's, better on £35, the DOND game has a higher expected value :P (yes ok that means it may offer it less, I'll take that tho)

Crests - didn't really upgrade many, cock a doodle dough, prefer it on £35 to £25, but in any case, not really great on either JP.

Mazooma etc., rovers etc. much better on £35

On the whole I don't think we have too much to moan about on the £35 jp.
Drpepper

Post by Drpepper »

Still got

Ziggy's, cabin fever's, wobblers, darts clones, bellfruits.

It's like living in beamish.
toothless11

Post by toothless11 »

All big chain pubs and clubs will have 35s. Small local pubs, some shitty bowling alleys and the odd night club/ railway station will have 25s in. Every where else should be 35s.
MATT99

Post by MATT99 »

Drpepper wrote:Still got

Ziggy's, cabin fever's, wobblers, darts clones, bellfruits.

It's like living in beamish.
ziggys, cabin fevers ????? where are they ?
GaryChandler

Post by GaryChandler »

How many u got? They gettin done?
toothless11

Post by toothless11 »

Gary how many ziggy's and cabin's you got near you. Got a few near me which im obviously doing.
MrRed

Post by MrRed »

ob wrote:I'd say 95%-99% of machines I know are £35.

Not many "upgraded" machines are infact worse on £35, I'd say reds are better on £35 (remember there was no £25 SMTM and snakes so that doesn't count as "upgraded"), I know I MUCH prefer on a roll £35 to JP gems £25, its a million times better
Agreed
The best upgrade for me was Holey Moley
It was terrible imo on £25 but has been great for me on £35
Had a couple of £140's and plenty of £105's mainly (£35/£70) from them
Invincible better on £35
Vortex was originally a £25JP when it was first released
Only got to play it a few times but again not worse on £35

I would say though that FNC was a bad conversion to £35
When i played the £25 versions they were fine
Yet i took a hammering a few times from the £35er
Lucky devil also better on £35 only out a short time on £25
GaryChandler

Post by GaryChandler »

Got none near me as far as i am aware. Saying that i dont actually live in bognor anymore.
Nixxy

Post by Nixxy »

MrRed wrote:
ob wrote:I'd say 95%-99% of machines I know are £35.

Not many "upgraded" machines are infact worse on £35, I'd say reds are better on £35 (remember there was no £25 SMTM and snakes so that doesn't count as "upgraded"), I know I MUCH prefer on a roll £35 to JP gems £25, its a million times better
Agreed
The best upgrade for me was Holey Moley
It was terrible imo on £25 but has been great for me on £35
Had a couple of £140's and plenty of £105's mainly (£35/£70) from them
Invincible better on £35
Vortex was originally a £25JP when it was first released
Only got to play it a few times but again not worse on £35

I would say though that FNC was a bad conversion to £35
When i played the £25 versions they were fine
Yet i took a hammering a few times from the £35er
Lucky devil also better on £35 only out a short time on £25
Completely agree with Mr. Red, but I'd add that one of the biggest moneymakers converted from £25 to £35 JP is definitely Crazy Cash Point - a fantastic upgrade.

The best upgrades are those where the signs remain the same but the profile doesn't change beyond recognition.
This machine may at times offer a choice where the player has every chance of bankruptcy
ma71lda

Post by ma71lda »

I was playing a Paycheque (£25 obviously) tonight, and I'll tell you something, you don't realise how good certain machines are until they've all disappeared.
Nixxy

Post by Nixxy »

ma71lda wrote:I was playing a Paycheque (£25 obviously) tonight, and I'll tell you something, you don't realise how good certain machines are until they've all disappeared.
I'd definitely take a £25 Paycheque over practically every £35 offering in the local pubs nowadays...
This machine may at times offer a choice where the player has every chance of bankruptcy
ob

Post by ob »

Nixxy wrote:
ma71lda wrote:I was playing a Paycheque (£25 obviously) tonight, and I'll tell you something, you don't realise how good certain machines are until they've all disappeared.
I'd definitely take a £25 Paycheque over practically every £35 offering in the local pubs nowadays...
ok hang on a minute here, on a roll/invincible/CCP etc. on £35 is a mile better than paycheque £25!!!

the last pay cheque I played was a few months ago in an old mans pub, was full, £15 in it was reds, made just £10 on it though as it really took the piss for the top etc. Don't get me wrong that was an unlucky one, I know they can be nice, but wouldn't you rather an oar/invincible/ccp be reds than one of these, if you wouldn't, I'd rather worry about your playing talents :P

I think some of us are forgetting the £25 reds can be nasty aswell as the £35 ones, although SMTM and snakes and ladders addmitedly are much worse than most £25 reds.
MrRed

Post by MrRed »

Yeah Nixxy i left out CCP as finding one is as rare as a tight prostitute but yes they are great
Nixxy

Post by Nixxy »

ob wrote:ok hang on a minute here, on a roll/invincible/CCP etc. on £35 is a mile better than paycheque £25!!!
That's the problem Ob - all those machines have gone! I have one very poorly located Invincible left, and that's it for good Reds. OAR/Invincible/CCP are excellent machines, yes - but excellent machines are so rare now]the last pay cheque I played was a few months ago in an old mans pub, was full, £15 in it was reds, made just £10 on it though as it really took the piss for the top etc. Don't get me wrong that was an unlucky one, I know they can be nice, but wouldn't you rather an oar/invincible/ccp be reds than one of these, if you wouldn't, I'd rather worry about your playing talents :P[/quote]

Clearly yes, if I actually had any of those machines at my disposal, I'd play them ahead of a £25 Paycheque. But I'd take the £25 Paycheque ahead of what I actually have available.

I wanna see one of these Big Tony jobbies in the pub more than I want any more DOND clones.
ob

Post by ob »

ok fair enough nixxy, agreed that pay cheque is better than DOND/new reds like snakes etc.

at the moment, I seem to be finding alot of old reds, although they may not last too long....