Barred from a town

General fruit machine related chat, if it doesn't fit another category discuss it here..
sir ratholer

Post by sir ratholer »

Kong would you mind pm'ing me letting me know where this was?
Bored of the grind.
kong

Post by kong »

sir ratholer wrote:Kong would you mind pm'ing me letting me know where this was?
Will do, I know you've been there before, might be worth avoiding for a bit!
sir ratholer

Post by sir ratholer »

Yeah I went there about a month back and it was ok, the stakes and prizes IOUd on me and the woman gave me the money! I remember years back the pub on the left on the one way bit with 2 old machines had a hilowatha on 250 hopper that I did every 2-3 days for about 2 months!
Bored of the grind.
Spyder

Post by Spyder »

midas is hooked up by eithernet.. or it was... maybe wireless now??
anfield road

Post by anfield road »

yea i got the letter through, it says BANNED:5 YEARS!!

Reason:Fraud and Theft

take it its fraud and theft getting icons then
justice For The 96
Scott

Post by Scott »

Surely thats slander?
Cobwebs 👆
Nixxy

Post by Nixxy »

anfield road wrote:yea i got the letter through, it says BANNED:5 YEARS!!

That IS slander, as long as you haven't been convicted of either fraud or theft, of course.

I know these places cover their arses with the whole R.O.A.R. mentality (Rights Of Admission Reserved) but to list a baseless reason like that is really poor form.
This machine may at times offer a choice where the player has every chance of bankruptcy
anfield road

Post by anfield road »

solicitor said its a joke, i was released with out charge!!! arrested on suspicion as I was standing awkward whilst on the phone!!! they sent my phone off for examination as they thought it was a magnetic stripe sending signals from a base computer!!!

brilliant stuff
justice For The 96
flashback

Post by flashback »

I got turfed out a spoons a few weeks ago by a wanker of a duty manager that turned up in the place about three months ago. Jobsworth twat, pub has been open for over 10 years and nobody else has bothered with me in that whole time!! Spiteful fucker grassed me up to another spoons just to make it worse so also game over in there for the moment. Been one of the better years but my god i've never known grief like this and can't see it improving.
Cf

Post by Cf »

How far would you get trying to sue them for that accusation? Doubt you'd get anywhere and I think the most you'd get is a retraction of the statement without lifting the ban. But if they're distributing your photo with fraudster written on it then that's not on. If it simply says "wins at machines" then fair enough I guess. At least a letter through the door might scare them a bit.
Scott

Post by Scott »

Spoons have certainly taken a turn for the worst, and are no longer the best pubs to play in, i've had a few problems, and i'm on my last legs in a few, their trouble is they can't distinguish between the genuine players and the thieves, they just bar the lot :(
Cobwebs 👆
Scott

Post by Scott »

Nixxy wrote:

That IS slander, as long as you haven't been convicted of either fraud or theft, of course.

I know these places cover their arses with the whole R.O.A.R. mentality (Rights Of Admission Reserved) but to list a baseless reason like that is really poor form.

Also what will happen when the 5 years is up? Can you just walk in like nothing happened? My money is on the another ban, joke.
Cobwebs 👆
anfield road

Post by anfield road »

Scott wrote:
Nixxy wrote:

Also what will happen when the 5 years is up? Can you just walk in like nothing happened? My money is on the another ban, joke.
exactly!! its a nightmare getting put in that posistion over fruit machines
justice For The 96
harry2

Post by harry2 »

F***king disgraceful. They (Wetherspoons) ought to be phoning Bell end up for poorly programmed machine supply. Imagine buying 100 laptops from Dell and finding out you couldn't put, say antivirus on them. They would be send straight back.
Fruitchat should phone all the pubs in the area up, saying we've got a stag do on, get ten players to dress up as Noel Edmonds and IOU as much as you can in one night, and get someone to take photos of all the 21 year old managers crying about payouts, set up a Wetherspoonsarecrybabies Facebook /twitter page and post up all the photos and see them squirm in the press.
Roulette free since December 2011.
toothless11

Post by toothless11 »

Scott wrote:Spoons have certainly taken a turn for the worst, and are no longer the best pubs to play in, i've had a few problems, and i'm on my last legs in a few, their trouble is they can't distinguish between the genuine players and the thieves, they just bar the lot :(
Spoons are most certantly tightening up. I had a pre-warning about 4 months ago when I created that topic on here.