The Good things!

General fruit machine related chat, if it doesn't fit another category discuss it here..
Captain.Tattybojangles

Post by Captain.Tattybojangles »

That's another thing Harry...I mean you get people moaning about the weather non-stop, it's too hot, suncream trouble, or it's raining and the day's ruined. Not bloody likely! :lol: Show me the indoors and the fruits!
Spyder

Post by Spyder »

AMK wrote:It's quite ironic that you can benefit from something that ruins other folks lives.
owning a bar & dispensing alcohol
giving people credit cards
selling cigarettes
trayhop123

Post by trayhop123 »

hard to comment on the op ,,,,,,,,,,, without sounding like a boaster

but i have no regrets on chosing the lifestyle , like every long termer , i went through the clueless years of walking home skint, but it all soon turned around

ok so ive been abroad 30 + times , including america 3 times , and have bought every mod con desireable on day of release etc (my flats an electronic aladins cave lol) and therefor havent banked half of what i could ,,,,,,,, but lifes for living etc ,,,,,,,,,,, some players i know have 250k worth of assets but have lived lesser lives ,,,,,,,,,,, and theres an old saying ,,,,,, '' its no use being the richest man in the graveyard''

the greatest thing this lifestyle has afforded us though is security ,,,,,,,, you always have readdy money on the hip , you dont have to panic over bills , and best of all , i know that im in a position that if one of my immediate family became ill and needed an emergency operation ,,,,, its covered

yeah theres a lot of negative aspects to the game , what with fire barings , and being looked at as a social dropout ,,,,,,,,, but the good still far outweighs the bad.
Little discipline = BIG issue

harry2

Post by harry2 »

trayhop123 wrote: ok so ive been abroad 30 + times , including america 3 times , and have bought every mod con desireable on day of release etc

A few steaks as well :wink:
Roulette free since December 2011.
TINYMcFINEY

Post by TINYMcFINEY »

&quot wrote:But why do people in there little circle call him Barry the fireman. As far as I know he is not a fireman. So why can't they call him jobless Barry, Barry the burger flipper or Barry the barman.

I just seems the only people that know tiny and this Barry person are in there own little circle.
Hes called barry the fireman because he used to be a fireman. Would be daft to call him barry the binman. And you reckon im stupid.
mr lugsy

Post by mr lugsy »

:lol:
deano8177

Post by deano8177 »

TINYMcFINEY wrote:
deano8177 wrote:But why do people in there little circle call him Barry the fireman. As far as I know he is not a fireman. So why can't they call him jobless Barry, Barry the burger flipper or Barry the barman.

I just seems the only people that know tiny and this Barry person are in there own little circle.
Hes called barry the fireman because he used to be a fireman. Would be daft to call him barry the binman. And you reckon im stupid.
well if he now has no job call him, jobless Barry.

And why don't you call yourself, tiny the hotel man
TINYMcFINEY

Post by TINYMcFINEY »

He was a fireman when we called him that. Cant change it now. Didnt know he would get the sack, besides barry the former fireman sounds stupid.
mr lugsy

Post by mr lugsy »

get him to change his name to freddy ,it'll sound o.k then.
Scott

Post by Scott »

Or Sam has a ring to it :wink:
Cobwebs 👆
HornyNick

Post by HornyNick »

[quote="mouse75"]I'm a very casual player - so for me the fun has always been winning in general - and thousands of days / nights out for free.

I do sometimes wonder what my life would of been like if i had never played a machine]

Almost exactly what i would have written, without the poker.

I buy my mobiles sim free and they tend to cost between £300-400. When i need one the profit from each machine goes towards it. Else it goes on beer or more gambling. :-)
Sex is not the answer.
Sex is the question.
"Yes" is the answer!
TINYMcFINEY

Post by TINYMcFINEY »

Barry will be driving me when he gets his licence back. To cold on my bike in the winter. Fell off last year, went through a puddle and it was filling up a 2 foot hole.
logopolis

Post by logopolis »

It might have been Barry The Fireman who I saw in Walsham Le Willows pub when it had Empire Strikes Back. Some bald bloke with glasses about 40 was taking an interest in the machine!
TINYMcFINEY

Post by TINYMcFINEY »

That sounds like barry. Did he drink quite a lot? He used to have 3 pints in the tollgate then do his village run, usually involved a few pints in each pub to avoid attention.
logopolis

Post by logopolis »

He came in and bought a pint. Was standing at the bar talking to the landlady about the machine while I was on it.