Have you ever seen a punter miss an IM board?

General fruit machine related chat, if it doesn't fit another category discuss it here..
Mr Move It

Post by Mr Move It »

Haha, nice tale about the B3 Rainbow Riches Nixxy :-) In all fairness, I didn't know that B3s and Bar-Xs had IM, although I've read numerous mentions of such boards on Fruit Chat.

I'm not one for picking up silent IMs, so I wouldn't have sussed out Poker Face either. The only silent IM I know is for Juggling Jackpots / Money Magic, and that's only because I read it on here - not something I've worked out myself. I guess unless you get all the x-changes lit up on Monopoly Road To Riches, but that's fairly obvious really when it happens.
"I think you're going to go away with a lot of money."
Spyder

Post by Spyder »

Mr Move It wrote:Haha, , so I wouldn't have sussed out Poker Face either. The only silent IM I know is for Juggling Jackpots / Money Magic, and that's only .
??? same machine????
logopolis

Post by logopolis »

Was in Crystal Rooms in Leicester Square years ago. I tried a few quid in Impulse but no numbers. A few minutes later a Chinese bloke is on the Impulse and I spotted an 11 spin in. I looked away for a bit and when I looked back he was actually then collecting Firemans Lift feature. So I thought he must be a player and watched from a distance.

He pressed the cancel to slow the number down and then he did the strangest thing. He actually let go of the cancel and then just whacked the button like a right idiot. It stopped on a 3 or 4 and he collected the £2 and walked!!!!
Matt Vinyl

Post by Matt Vinyl »

I bought an IM off of someone once - a bit cheeky I know, but he was chuffed with the £20 I gave him. It was on P5 by the way and went for £70.

I had consumed a few sherbets and wouldn't normally do that sort of thing. lol
"And do you ever contradict yourself, Minister?" "Well, yes and no..."
Nixxy

Post by Nixxy »

logopolis wrote:Was in Crystal Rooms in Leicester Square years ago. I tried a few quid in Impulse but no numbers. A few minutes later a Chinese bloke is on the Impulse and I spotted an 11 spin in. I looked away for a bit and when I looked back he was actually then collecting Firemans Lift feature. So I thought he must be a player and watched from a distance.

He pressed the cancel to slow the number down and then he did the strangest thing. He actually let go of the cancel and then just whacked the button like a right idiot. It stopped on a 3 or 4 and he collected the £2 and walked!!!!
There's a big campaign going on amongst the Chinese community to stop anymore premises being granted licences in Chinatown - they've got real concerns about their own gambling culture.

With play like that Logopolis, it's not before time! Hope it didn't cost you much ...
This machine may at times offer a choice where the player has every chance of bankruptcy
silent g

Post by silent g »

i missed icons on 1st r2r off red lines coz i didnt know it meant i.m , DOH!

edit: i didnt stop it on the icon board.
condoms... ribbed for her pleasure! turn it inside out and its ribbed for my pleasure :)
bowie

Post by bowie »

Not exactly in the same vain as the topic, but i had a proper schoolboy error on a dig it this evening, 3 quid in and it's holding on 25p first two creds, switch to quid with two pound in credits and i get a smasher of a board second spin, literally, 8 nudges, add again, all diamonds lit bar one and on 2 feature shots for what is esentially garaunteed for top, fantastic i think to myself, standing here in an Edinburgh city centre pub, genuinelly full and there for the top within three quid, short of some seriously harsh shuffles it's done, this sort of shit never happens, not on these and not in a well turned over location, here we go.........

.....presses the bonus button first instead of shuffle!

Seriously, what did i just do? took another 20 to go in, not a great loss but one of the worst situations i've ever put myself in.
logopolis

Post by logopolis »

Nixxy wrote:
logopolis wrote:Was in Crystal Rooms in Leicester Square years ago. I tried a few quid in Impulse but no numbers. A few minutes later a Chinese bloke is on the Impulse and I spotted an 11 spin in. I looked away for a bit and when I looked back he was actually then collecting Firemans Lift feature. So I thought he must be a player and watched from a distance.

There's a big campaign going on amongst the Chinese community to stop anymore premises being granted licences in Chinatown - they've got real concerns about their own gambling culture.

With play like that Logopolis, it's not before time! Hope it didn't cost you much ...

If I remember rightly it played like a right dog after that! It actually did the 3 hold swap.
djwarden

Post by djwarden »

Could it of paid out £60 in notes ? then dropped 10 coins ?

Iv not seen the new machines that pay out in notes yet but i think there about somewhere
gmckee03

Post by gmckee03 »

bowie wrote:Not exactly in the same vain as the topic, but i had a proper schoolboy error on a dig it this evening, 3 quid in and it's holding on 25p first two creds, switch to quid with two pound in credits and i get a smasher of a board second spin, literally, 8 nudges, add again, all diamonds lit bar one and on 2 feature shots for what is esentially garaunteed for top, fantastic i think to myself, standing here in an Edinburgh city centre pub, genuinelly full and there for the top within three quid, short of some seriously harsh shuffles it's done, this sort of shit never happens, not on these and not in a well turned over location, here we go.........

.....presses the bonus button first instead of shuffle!

Seriously, what did i just do? took another 20 to go in, not a great loss but one of the worst situations i've ever put myself in.
which one was that bowie???
bowie

Post by bowie »

Black Bull.
Cf

Post by Cf »

Sort of missed an IM myself...

Was playing Cops N Robbers (the £70 bell fruit video one). Opened the game and got a tip off saying I was guaranteed to reach level 4. Sweet. Got to level 3 with £20 banked. Then I realised it was a lapper board, where's level 4? Got up to £56 with the cop 1 space behind me and the next 5/6 spaces all low amounts. I chickened out and collected the £56!

And then found out that telling you you'll get to level 4 is a guaranteed JP. Ah well :)
Cf

Post by Cf »

clarkey1984 wrote:Mate saw someone get offered cashpot on one of the DONDs (think it was a gold?) and somehow not notice, played on till the end, box held a quid.
That's prob happened to quite a few people on here when CP offers first appeared...
streakseims

Post by streakseims »

he was on a mega and I was gonna go on it after somone left and he jumped on before I noticed.

No joke his 1st board was DOND
2nd offer was Cashpot (was at £70) NO DEAL??????? had a £1 in his box then next board he got the £35 I hoped on after and won a massive £2 and went back next day and had been swapped out :-(
6 million ways to pie....choose 1