London Playing

General fruit machine related chat, if it doesn't fit another category discuss it here..
jiminy

Post by jiminy »

There are 3 wetherspoons within spitting distance of tower bridge!! If its the one im thinking of (just by tower hill tube) then I too am quite surprised you did so well, usually well watched over by a couple of lads from Barking!!!

Pretty much everything Nixxy said to be honest, although have found some machines (except what used to be probably the best known unchipped VIU in the country at London Bridge) that are on train station platforms are not usually quite as covered when you need a ticket to get on the platform!

I can remember the TAW in the moon under water, must have been ten people a time almost queueing up to play it usually!!!!
acen123

Post by acen123 »

nixxy wrote:
The place to head is Bishopsgate - anywhere near Liverpool Street station, where the heavy-pocketed businessmen roll out every afternoon and throw loose change away like confetti. The UK headquarters of ABN-Amro bank has pubs either side which are good profit venues.
Pubs around Canary Wharf are definitely worth a look, heaving with suits come thurs / fri night pissing their earnings up the wall. Got a friend who works in the HSBC building there, so go drinking round there every so often. Haven't been there recently so not sure whats round there at the moment, but they keep their m/cs up to date.
theoak

Post by theoak »

I'm a londoner and have played regularly in all the leicester sq. pubs, and even the arcade there :o ops:

I find the weathers to be quite good on a sat. nite, Yates even better-they are red obsessed there! always got at least 2 out of the 4-5 machines in there!

But theres much better places to play in london...
matty21

Post by matty21 »

london is good if u now where to go and at what times and i dont mean same time everyday. they have put a manic muncher in place of the TAW at the moon under water which is nice cos that usualy goes for 50. i cant believe u played in the crystal rooms though lol u may aswell set fire to your money.
ob

Post by ob »

London "can" be good, if you catch it right, otherwise, it's dead machine after dead machine...
acen123

Post by acen123 »

I used to pop in the Crystal Rooms for a quick pop on the BFU after the pubs shut, few drinks so judgment impaired :o ops: generally went for big tops though, till 1 night already down pushed it £77 for a top via IM after blocking at £25 for an age then dead :shock: :o ops:
no name

Post by no name »

The King's Cross station machines have all changed now. It now has King Cash (I think that's what it's called, but it is a Maygay), along with Deal or No Deal (Can you beat the Banker) and a couple of Reds I think.
Martal~Wombat

Post by Martal~Wombat »

I used 2 travel down 2 London once
a week 2 meet a m8 from Ipswich, we
used 2 do okay, well saying that, i mean
free day on the ale and trainfare covered.
Love London, theres a boozer on every
corner and bookies everyhere, (which dont
count anymore.......)
Bring back fruities in Bookies!
http://www.comics.wombania.com/
..having a coffee in a spoons near you soon :))
Scott

Post by Scott »

had some good days out in london myself about 5-6 years back, so many pubs too check. and used too do all the services from leicester too london on the way too give us a nice head start :D
Cobwebs 👆
Skyraker

Post by Skyraker »

Yet yourself down Richmond.. full of reds, usually gagging.
MATT99

Post by MATT99 »

Skyraker wrote:Yet yourself down Richmond.. full of reds, usually gagging.
richmond ? near london ?