Pubs are struggling

General fruit machine related chat, if it doesn't fit another category discuss it here..
HornyNick

Post by HornyNick »

From Friday's Daily Telegraph:

"Property tycoon Robert Tchenguiz placed his Laurel pubs and restaurants business into administration yesterday - then immediately bought back the bulk of the estate from the administrator.

The deal - known as a "pre-pack" administration - saw Laurel put into administration prior to 293 of the 383 pubs and restaurants being purchased by newly formed companies.

Laurel, which had been hit by the smoking ban and consumer slowdown, has now ceased to trade.

Mr Tchenguiz has injected £50m-£60m and two new companies have been set up to house the pub and restaurant assets separately. The price paid by Mr Tchenguiz has not been disclosed by Kroll, the administrator.

Bay Restaurants will own 132 sites, including La Tasca, Slug & Lettuce and Ha Ha Bar & Canteen, and will be run by former Laurel chief executive Paul Symonds. Town & City Pubs will control 161 outlets, most of them Yates's sites, and will be run by ex-Laurel pubs boss Toby Smith.

Mr Tchenguiz had faced pressure from his financing banks - Kaupthing and Dresdner Kleinwort - to restructure Laurel as a condition of a delayed £165m refinancing. Analysts say the move could lead to a flotation when markets allow."
anfield road

Post by anfield road »

I walk in the same pubs every other day this time of year due to where I live, although everyone has to make a living and I dont give a shit about those moaning about not making anything due to players haha!

Just got in from half a days playing due to going to the game tonight and I have cleared £400 3/4 of that was thorugh a P5 that was £10 off on a double hopper!

Like to see the weeks takings on that :roll:
justice For The 96
whiteswan

Post by whiteswan »

The scenario of somebody coming in and buying half a coke and emptying the machine to be honest is a rare one.

If it was that easy then everybody would be doing it.

Just last Thursday night somebody took £105 out of the Monopoly Hot Proerty - I had never seen this person before - but they was a large group of them all middle aged and drinking and they stayed the entire night and had a good evening.

The "regulars" as you call them saw this happen and are keen to "emulate" this guys luck/skill so are putting more money than usual into it - obviously after the weekend when it has been filled up again - so it works both ways.

Even so called "experts" on the machines can walk away £50-£70 down from a machine - this is not unusual and balances the big wins nicely.

Dave
ma71lda

Post by ma71lda »

I'm sure the regulars would like to emulate that persons winnings, but on a HP that will happen again on the.................hmmm, not too sure!
quizard

Post by quizard »

The Yates's in both Wakefield and Bradford appear to have permanently closed over the last few weeks. Grim times indeed.

Post by Guest »

...you leave bratferd alone.....
MrRed

Post by MrRed »

Bradistan is dead dead dead

Yates Friday night 10pm 4 people in there :shock:
HornyNick

Post by HornyNick »

Yates's Huddersfield is still going strong, that defo wont shut. Its on the main drinking road of the town centre, jus a shame its full of chavs.
One of the girls who works there was telling me in the next couple of weeks they will know one way or another what was happening.
quizard

Post by quizard »

Well what type of people do you expect to meet in Yates's -- young professionals, the neuvo riche? :lol:

Some of us miss the old style Yates's Wine Lodges with the Yatesian sayings on the wall and the Sweet Australian White and the Red Biddy.

A day without wine is like a day without sunshine :)
anfield road

Post by anfield road »

a day without cider is a day without apples :|
justice For The 96
jeffvickers

Post by jeffvickers »

Your addams apple stands out
anfield road

Post by anfield road »

jeffvickers wrote:Your addams apple stands out
so does ya ma's minge
justice For The 96