Pubs are struggling

General fruit machine related chat, if it doesn't fit another category discuss it here..
ChrisBrighton

Post by ChrisBrighton »

Yates in Worthing has just shut.
JG

Post by JG »

It shut twice in five minutes? That's dreadful.
Mr Bubbles

Post by Mr Bubbles »

ChrisBrighton wrote:Yates in Worthing has just shut.
Supposed to be re-opening as a different pub soon though, although looking through the window sod all has been done so far.
Stevie S

Post by Stevie S »

thinkin about it yates in birkenhead has been shut for awhile.
how about a greasy pork sandwich served in a dirty ashtray.
whiteswan

Post by whiteswan »

I own a pub and times are certainly difficult at the minute.........

I have a Monopoly Hot Property and a Deal Or No Deal Variant in mine at the moment - cant remember which one it is - I have just changed fruit machine suppliers.

But my machines are a VERY IMPORTANT part of my income - especially since smoking ban - beer price rises etc..............

A large majority of my customers do play the fruities - most are not serious players - but they do play.

Pubs need to look after fruit machine customers - ie always have loads of change on hand etc...........I also do NOT allow my staff to play the machines whilst on shift (like some pubs do!) - this stops them watching people playing the machines and then JUMPING on them as soon as they see somebody lose £30 - this seriously pisses me off when i go in other pubs.

Dave
rocket

Post by rocket »

Dave,

Whats your tie in terms of machine income? The pub I'm looking at taking over was free of one on games machines - the previous landlord hired it himself and kept all the money. The deal I've been offered is that the machine hire fee is paid, then the profits split 33% / 66% in favour of the brewery. Not brilliant, but they guarantee to cover the rent if the machine doesnt take enough to cover it one month.
anfield road

Post by anfield road »

try and buy a Extrme or some sort of UC DOND and pay for a liscence and twat it your self!!
justice For The 96

Post by Guest »

anfield road wrote:try and buy a Extrme or some sort of UC DOND and pay for a liscence and twat it your self!!
But make sure you keep an eye out for everyone else coming in to empty it :!: :D :D
GaryChandler

Post by GaryChandler »

Mr Bubbles wrote:
ChrisBrighton wrote:Yates in Worthing has just shut.
Supposed to be re-opening as a different pub soon though, although looking through the window sod all has been done so far.
You play around worthing?
rocket

Post by rocket »

anfield road wrote:try and buy a Extrme or some sort of UC DOND and pay for a liscence and twat it your self!!
Easier said than done...brewery owns the pub, brewery tells you what deal you get on your machine and where you get it from.
Mr Bubbles

Post by Mr Bubbles »

GaryChandler wrote:
You play around worthing?
My home town mate, I live pretty much in the town center, but to be honest I have done very little playing this year.
thecannonball89

Post by thecannonball89 »

they still got clowning?
whiteswan

Post by whiteswan »

Hi

I have 50/50 split with the brewery after the rent has been taken out - that can be anywhere from £55 - £75 a week dependant upon the new ness of the machine.

I have to pay vat on both my share and the brewery share!

My weekly split after everything has been taken out is around £250 - £300 per week obviously you pay tax on this. If they get hammered one week it can be as low as £100 - but you take the good with the bad.

The dond machine i have is the dream factory - the other is Monopoly Hot Property - both seem to be doing okay. I had a Gold Rush and a Bucks Bunny with the last company and those 2 were not very good money earners at all.

Like I said its an important source of income and machine players should be looked after !

Dave
jeffvickers

Post by jeffvickers »

What would you think then, if the same lad walks in once a week, buys half a coke, wins £60 and walks out, you have a few of your customers complaining that this lad wins all the time so whenever the regulars play the machine, it plays shit.
rocket

Post by rocket »

whiteswan wrote:Hi

I have 50/50 split with the brewery after the rent has been taken out - that can be anywhere from £55 - £75 a week dependant upon the new ness of the machine.

I have to pay vat on both my share and the brewery share!

My weekly split after everything has been taken out is around £250 - £300 per week obviously you pay tax on this. If they get hammered one week it can be as low as £100 - but you take the good with the bad.

The dond machine i have is the dream factory - the other is Monopoly Hot Property - both seem to be doing okay. I had a Gold Rush and a Bucks Bunny with the last company and those 2 were not very good money earners at all.

Like I said its an important source of income and machine players should be looked after !

Dave
Yeah he did mention that it used to be a 50/50 split, but said they'd changed to a lower amount fr the publican as they are now protected if there isn't enough to cover the rent one particular week/month. It also offers pubs more of an incentive to site more than one machine - there's no risk to them because even if it performs poorly the brewery will cover the rental cost.