500jps observation

General fruit machine related chat, if it doesn't fit another category discuss it here..
dav777

Post by dav777 »

So has anyone else got non random 500 jps? And how long have these been about? Printed on machine:
This machine is compensated and previous players may affect your chances of winning. Not exact words but along those lines. I thought all 500s had to be random? Anyone know anything about these?
mr lugsy

Post by mr lugsy »

yes dav we got one called chameleon by cms, its a multi game where 5 games are selectable fom a library of 7 supplied on sd card,currently we only have 5 games but next week a poker 500 and roulette 500 are released ,thus enabling arcades to fight back at the bookies a bit. havent had a chance to play it yet though although 3 of the 5 we have already do frankly look a bit iffy,so hoping the poker and roulette progs make up for it. i think this is one of machines that contrary to popular belief do compensate a rng to keeper flatter profile but as they dont have to have the generator out side the cabinet any more , and the main boards behind a locked panel i am unable to say for certain.
incidently we also have a barcrest777 500er got 5 games on that. it claims random but what is intriguing here is the fact you can gamble all wins even feature takings via a pie chart style gamble ,odds selectable , you can lose the lot or go for jackpot with every win, 50p to 500 is 3 steps at maximum odds ,to say this is random puzzles me ,can you really keep losing on a gamble indefinitely or does this gamble eventually force the 500 out with some kind of compensator?
PMK

Post by PMK »

Have any of you ever had the chance to ram reset a s16 slotto? On numerous occasions in the comfort of your own home?

Because if you had, then you would know exactly why they are NOT random and DO indeed have a target %age that long term they AIM to meet. But not randomly.

:wink:
mr lugsy

Post by mr lugsy »

dmk please explain!
PMK

Post by PMK »

Its PMK my friend!!

PGS's ALWAYS reset to the same starting %age(If you have the 'proper' astra manual like we did it even states this) Once you go £50 - £150 in, watch them try and catch up.

If a big win comes in, plug it before it banks, another big win is there almost immediately, repeat, the same win or indeed a bigger one returns within a few spins again and again until you allow win to be banked. Now that is NOT random its a machine trying to level out repeatedly from the same reset position.

This happened continuously every time we did it(about 50), usually spinning in uncharacteristic wins between £200- £400 which as people know are VERY unusual for this machine.

mr lugsy

Post by mr lugsy »

indeed , the two ive seen played from scratch,both played above target early on with even a jpt spin within the first 500 recycled on one ,jackpots did dry up completely on on both once settled in ,one of them did however pay half a dozenish times before this happenned,but may have been down to it being reset a couple of times coz the boss got scared of it . they both paid different though,one gaves lots of cowboys and not many blocks of 7s the other vice versa.
RUDE

Post by RUDE »

This is indeed true.

Maybe not on all versions but certainly on the later S16 versions the ram resets the %'age to 50% and typically a big win (most often JP) will be awarded within £50-£100.

I have tried this a huge amount of times and I'd say 80-90% of ram resets result in a JP withing £100 in.

Random....yeah right!
mr lugsy

Post by mr lugsy »

im so pleased theres people out there with more to say than just all that "laws of probability " stuff .all these laws do indeed look water tight on paper,but when applied in certain real situations tend to get a bit leaky.
JG

Post by JG »

Hold on, hold on, it's very interesting what you are saying PMK, but I think a few details need clarifying. You say the big wins roll back in after plugging? Could this not be a failsafe way of protecting the player? Perhaps the RNG generates a cash value to pay which resides in the machine until it is fully paid out. So if there is a £500 value selected, then you'll start to see £100+ wins on a frequent basis if the machine is continually plugged, i.e disallowed to discharge that value. It may discharge this win value as one*£500 or a handful of £100+ wins.

So we say, how come it always does this after reset? Well possibly there is a caveat. Possibly ASTRA have been kind and programmed a guaranteed 'bonus' cash drop in the early stages. The machine maybe is random on top of all that. Hmmmm. Straws, clutching at.

Pish and squish, that's dodgy as hell. WHY oh WHY oh WHY oh WHY oh WHY oh WHY if they say RANDOM can they NOT JUST F'ING MAKE THEM PROPERLY RANDOM? WHY? WHY IS IT SO HARD? Just make it truly random! They can go KKKKKKs without jackpots, so why not just make it random? Why f*** about with pre-scripted compensated crap?

I changed up some coins today and then thought oooh, I didn't give ?????? a go, let's change £20 back. £20 in Slotto as the assistant was dozing and no change machines near. The cheeky f'ing thing transfers £10 yes a whole £TEN of credits. Played it at £1/spin, not a bean. NOT a bean. You know what, I felt if I put £100 in there, maybe cherries, but naff all else. What a rip. I don't begrudge it if it's truly random, but when the 'Chinese have killed it' you do begrudge it, as you're paying the % take/someone else's £500. THAT'S WHAT I BEGRUDGE. Be it £1 or £400. If you DIDN'T HAVE the IMPLIED RANDOM CHANCE OF WINNING BIG - that is BLATENTLY NOT FAIR.

Sorry about all the capital letters stating the bloomin' obvious. Maybe I should get a career as a journalist at The Sun.

I'm also curious how you came to get private usage of a Slotto. Part exchange for LAB maybe?!? Keep up the good research,

regards,

JG
mr lugsy

Post by mr lugsy »

ive found out by accident that when a reel king is ,as you say plugged during a feature,it returns to the previous credit,rolls the same reels (ching, ching ,ching, ching ,ching) and repeats exactly the sequence of wins from before.
PMK

Post by PMK »

ChangingStakeCancelsHolds bought one on the old S16 Program. Obviously our minds started working overtime with regards to proving the 'non-randomness'.

To say that its a built in compensation if the machine gets plugged or whatever truly means they aren't random, this happened consantly and consistently whenever a RAM clear was carried out. Not always in JP form, but more often than not a series of large wins(unusual wins like £100- £300ish which just dont normally happen on slottos. You normally get the odd £50 and £75 but rarely anything thats more than £75 and not a jackpot.

I mean for gods sake, they even have HARD and SOFT profile settings, thats right a truly 100% random machine can be switched between two different profiles!!! One to give more smoother and longer lasting gameplay and one to be more harsh but with occasional higher rewards. Just like all other Astra lo-tecs.

Its all crap this 100% random stuff, or at least it is with Astra's. We have proved it, of that there is no doubt.

The new B3 shit is an absolute disgrace, isn't ironic that now they are only £1 a go and retain the same prize and feature value, that you now get next to nothing in terms of value? I've known rainbow riches have litterally 4 solid hours of play and not offer one feature of any description.

Astra machines(the new B3's) state that they are still 100% random yet are compensated. What exactly does that mean? Its random, but if it pays out a couple of pots then it must suck to compensate?? Is that truly 100% random.

CMS's were always so readable anyway, the profiles were the same on all their machines, I dare say, I could have mastered them if I could have had one at home, via no. of credits and stake switching.

Mock me if you will, but I've been there and had many hours with slottos and they dont do what they say they do on the tin. FACT.

ob

Post by ob »

PMK wrote:ChangingStakeCancelsHolds bought one on the old S16 Program. Obviously our minds started working overtime with regards to proving the 'non-randomness'.

To say that its a built in compensation if the machine gets plugged or whatever truly means they aren't random, this happened consantly and consistently whenever a RAM clear was carried out. Not always in JP form, but more often than not a series of large wins(unusual wins like £100- £300ish which just dont normally happen on slottos. You normally get the odd £50 and £75 but rarely anything thats more than £75 and not a jackpot.

I mean for gods sake, they even have HARD and SOFT profile settings, thats right a truly 100% random machine can be switched between two different profiles!!! One to give more smoother and longer lasting gameplay and one to be more harsh but with occasional higher rewards. Just like all other Astra lo-tecs.

Its all crap this 100% random stuff, or at least it is with Astra's. We have proved it, of that there is no doubt.

The new B3 shit is an absolute disgrace, isn't ironic that now they are only £1 a go and retain the same prize and feature value, that you now get next to nothing in terms of value? I've known rainbow riches have litterally 4 solid hours of play and not offer one feature of any description.

Astra machines(the new B3's) state that they are still 100% random yet are compensated. What exactly does that mean? Its random, but if it pays out a couple of pots then it must suck to compensate?? Is that truly 100% random.

CMS's were always so readable anyway, the profiles were the same on all their machines, I dare say, I could have mastered them if I could have had one at home, via no. of credits and stake switching.

Mock me if you will, but I've been there and had many hours with slottos and they dont do what they say they do on the tin. FACT.

whether you beleive they are random (and who knows why they would bother having them any other how) or not.... they are rubbish and I'm sure everyone who has played them at length (yes thats me included although not these days) is overall down on the things.

Whether they are random or not, makes no difference, you are going to lose overall either way, AND THAT PMK IS A FACT.

Often I find dumb players make the excuse that they aren't random and they "know its due" in order to JUSITFY themselves playing a machine; there is no justification in money terms to be playing these things, they are soley there for the "fun" value. If you use such poor logic (ie. know its due etc.) when playing these things YOU ARE KIDDING YOURSELF.
darren

Post by darren »

[quote="&quot"]
Truly random games will have target percentages. Roulette has a target percentage.
quote]
I once saw the meters on a william hill FOBT.

Now THAT was quite concerning, they read in and around;

Cash in 593000

CASH OUT 246500

Yes, someone has got very unlucky. Now considering a true, psycical roulette wheel has an actual percentage of around 97ish percent and that is pretty much the only game i see being played. Well, make your own opinion.

Ahh, who knows, maybe some guy done a mortgage and a half in a day on it. But considering its only £100 max spin, £500 max win, a reasonably soft roulette wheel, well at least by vegas standards.

Well it seems dodgy to me, i may request to see the cash in/out figures for others and get em posted.

As for b3's i havnt had much experience with as of yet. S16's however in my opinion slotto was random, elvis and co were 80% random.

However monopoly/random spinner were not. They were actually an earner for me, and a pretty consistant one at that. Chipped of course!
mrdave

Post by mrdave »

Part of the problem with all of this random debate is that the manufacturers themselves don't try to really promote what they mean to be random.

For example, Reel King - we've all had loads of occassions where reels 4 and 5 both spin in all jackpot symbols, for several spins in a row. Yes? So the reel sequences arent random, they only represent the value of a win or a losing spin as to what the random number generator (if it exists) dictates. I havent got a problem with the reel symbols not being random as such, after all a FOBT roulette machine only plays an animation after the result is drawn.

BUT the very fact the Reel King works like that is of course to make he player think the machine is 'due' to pay jackpot or very big win, so he plays more. In my opinion that is wrong and I havent seen any information from any fruit machine manufacturer explaining EXACTLY what is and isnt random about their machines - if they have nothing to hide and want to fight back against FOBTs then surely that is exactly what they should be doing?
betchrider

Post by betchrider »

Someone told me to imagine all the symbols on a slotto/reel king etc as balls in a bag and when you tip them olut whatever they land on is how they are supposed to work.Fuck knows is that the definition of random
The Duke of betchington Betchrider