Changing a fruit machine

General fruit machine related chat, if it doesn't fit another category discuss it here..
COASTERDESIGNERPRO1

Changing a fruit machine

Post by COASTERDESIGNERPRO1 »

In the bar i work in I have a JPTRNR which i want changed as its broken (no lights on trail or main board) and only on £25 jackpot and has a broken note acceptor.

I am going to call Gamestec this afternoon, can i specify that i want the machine changed and which one I want or do they just give me one?
bigpokercouk

Post by bigpokercouk »

they will give you a random one
pat624

Post by pat624 »

When I worked for bookies, I used to phone Leisure Link for machine changes and ask them what machines they could offer, and was usually given a choice of 3 or 4 , the machines were banded , depending on how new they were, so it had to be machine in the same band.

So you couldnt choose as such, but LL were pretty good and would offer a few options.

Pat
anfield road

Post by anfield road »

Say you have heard that the punters like the win stoppers and power 5s on the first program?
Or they want to play roys rolls.... LL are thick as fuck not on the ball as they used to be its Gamestec that are dominating now
justice For The 96
COASTERDESIGNERPRO1

anfield road wrote:Say you have heard that the punters like the win stoppers and power 5s on the first program?
Or they want to play roys rolls.... LL are thick as fuck not on the ball as they used to be its Gamestec that are dominating now
Lol, I dont think Gamestec will fall for that, and i will get stick for getting a machine which pays out too much as its profit share.

I am aiming for a either Power 5, R2R, CCP, Invincible etc Even a test machine wouldnt be rejected :D

... but since you say the machines banded, i will get no chance, atm JPTRNR is around the same price as Pink Panther, Cluedo, Bullys Prize Board. Even CYBTB is coming in at £995. (in coinslot)
bowie

Post by bowie »

Depends what rental band your pub is paying, if your last machine was still £25 jp you might have to bump up the rental to get a newer £35. We pay the highest and had £35 jp's a week after they were released.

Funny thing was we had a JPTRNR that did exactly the same as yours, they didn't change it though, just fixed it, i'm sure if you request a change though.
toothless11

Post by toothless11 »

Get a red, thats the best hit or a rovers/ PP. Btw what pubs that in coaster?
COASTERDESIGNERPRO1

Premier Inn Southampton Airport, the account manager from Gamestec was supposed to call me back earlier, i am off tomorrow so hopefully they will call weds when i am back in.

We had a Dough Ho Ho on £25 which got replaced with JPTRNR on £25.
bigpokercouk

Post by bigpokercouk »

COASTERDESIGNERPRO1 wrote:Premier Inn Southampton Airport, the account manager from Gamestec was supposed to call me back earlier, i am off tomorrow so hopefully they will call weds when i am back in.

We had a Dough Ho Ho on £25 which got replaced with JPTRNR on £25.
lol by my house.. let me know what they put it will ya
bowie

Post by bowie »

I work in a Brewers's Fayre which is esentially the same company, i'd imagine the rental band is the same company wide so you should just ask for the best you can get, although you wil probably raise eyebrows asking for certain machines.

Post by Guest »

What could be better (obviously disregarding emptys) than a a cluedo or clone on £35, bar the players and add an almost guaranteed £20 per night to your salary!

Asides from that DEMAND a 4 reeler :wink: