does anyone spare a thought...

General fruit machine related chat, if it doesn't fit another category discuss it here..
Mystery_Plum

Post by Mystery_Plum »

Yes I've always appeased my conscience by telling myself that in the beginning, I was the one doing my bollocks to the sharks.

So I don't really care when someone does their back in on a machine that I've left stone dead. That's life at the bottom of the food-chain.

But these moral dilemmas do get difficult sometimes. There's a really sweet old dear who always shuffles over to me and says 'Hello!' when she comes into one of my local haunts. And then she chooses to play the very Golden Game that I've just had a decent hold out of, with 2 jackpots on the base reels, a big flash and all the trimmings, with extra gravy.

What do you do? I find it a horrible situation and probably one of the reasons I stopped playing as much as I do. A conscience is no good to a gambler...

I didn't mind so much years ago, because it was Maygay stuff like The Great Escape, or grey plastic JPM Vogue spinners that took a bit of skill to hammer, so I felt that I had worked hard for my money, and I didn't care much for the tracksuited fuckwit who went on afterwards. But these Golden Games and the like are too easy, and you're leaving them dead for nice respectable people who deserve a game for their pension money. And with today's stakes and prizes playing a burnt machine is soul-destroying in the extreme.

Maybe I'm just too soft...

Post by Guest »

Mystery_Plum wrote:A conscience is no good to a gambler...
Playing fruits is all about winning money someone else has lost ... Whether they lose while you're still there or not somebody has to do it for you to win again!
Mystery_Plum

Post by Mystery_Plum »

LewisM14 wrote:
Playing fruits is all about winning money someone else has lost ... Whether they lose while you're still there or not somebody has to do it for you to win again!
Yes, that's absolutely right.

But it's the feeling of sympathy you sometimes get when you know someone is guaranteed to lose when they start playing a machine.

Caesar's Palace was one of the worst ones. You had absolutely no chance on one of those if your skill wasn't up to scratch, and it was a savage game when in a bad mood - very quick throughput of money at times.

So up walks a random player, and they're £20 into it before it's even numbering. £50 later lower than 11/9 on green bars...12/8. £80 in and they might get a jackpot thrown in their lap or gamble blue 7's out, if they're lucky. Either way they are on a hiding to nothing. You have feel for them a bit surely? Have they spent more than they wanted to? Will they ever play a machine again after a kicking like that, with so little gameplay?

Playing fruits is all about winning other people's money, yes - but eventually when it dawns on you that that really is all it's about, morally it just doesn't feel right...especially when you're approaching 30 and THAT is how you fashion a living...

Anyone agree?
betchrider

Post by betchrider »

its arcades and bandit companies who should feel guilty and do they do they fuck so fuck em all and get em battered
anfield road

Post by anfield road »

I do a P5 or a win stopper or something and I hope someone plays as its my livlihood, quite frankley I do not care who loses on it as long as I get my money.

If its a nice old lady then well I might say its being done, but i find it funny watching somone pay £300 to get offered £2 haha.

Bottom line is they should not play if they cant afford to lose
justice For The 96
blackmogu

Post by blackmogu »

Mystery_Plum wrote:
LewisM14 wrote:

But it's the feeling of sympathy you sometimes get when you know someone is guaranteed to lose when they start playing a machine.

Caesar's Palace was one of the worst ones. You had absolutely no chance on one of those if your skill wasn't up to scratch, and it was a savage game when in a bad mood - very quick throughput of money at times.

So up walks a random player, and they're £20 into it before it's even numbering. £50 later lower than 11/9 on green bars...12/8. £80 in and they might get a jackpot thrown in their lap or gamble blue 7's out, if they're lucky. Either way they are on a hiding to nothing. You have feel for them a bit surely? Have they spent more than they wanted to? Will they ever play a machine again after a kicking like that, with so little gameplay?

Playing fruits is all about winning other people's money, yes - but eventually when it dawns on you that that really is all it's about, morally it just doesn't feel right...especially when you're approaching 30 and THAT is how you fashion a living...

Anyone agree?
Whilst I have a conciense, I don't feel for the people that play after I do, for the simple reason that if a punter is willing to stick 50 quid or so into a fruit, then he'd only lose it in another one if I told them not to play that particular one. People _lose_ on fruits, and indeed any other form of gambling. That's what they are designed for. If they want to make my life easier and lose in a fashion more advantageous to me, then I'm all for it.

What I do feel sorry for is their total lack of intelligence when they plough money that they can't afford into something that is obviously not playing ball.

Morally, I was not put on this earth to correct others mistakes in life, or indeed be some sort of "it's in your best interests not to..." warden. You are only delaying the inevitable for them, at your own expense. And the thanks you will receive for your sagely advice is the sight of all that saved money being plowed into a magic 7's - because they once saw it streak back in 1998.

People will be people.. trying to influence and change this is like trying to force the JP on Club Crazy Fruits.
pierkid

Post by pierkid »

Mystery_Plum wrote:
LewisM14 wrote:

Anyone agree?
Agreed plum, I now hate fact but I am embroiled into this at mo, but I am getting out next year!
stop the swag.
Stevie S

Post by Stevie S »

How many times have i been told by someone that they themselves or some other fella has just taken loads and loads of monies out of a fruit.

I then play on it anyway dispite the friendly advice becuase as far as i know they have just stuck in 3 ton and dont want to see me drop it in front of em and take loads and loads of monies out.

What im trying to say is some people dont give a shit what you tell em they will do it anyway so dont bother at all.
bowie

Post by bowie »

It's a dog eat dog world.
stuart4010

Post by stuart4010 »

Thank fuck i'm a giraffe then.