Discipline discipline discipline ...

General fruit machine related chat, if it doesn't fit another category discuss it here..

Discipline discipline discipline ...

Post by Guest »

Subtitled: Why I could never play fulltime!!

Those of you that play for a living will know that discipline is the key to good profit. Those of you that play casually to win will relate to this story.

Out yesterday playing 2 extremes and a few bits to make £34, a nice start to the week ... I normally make ~£100 a week.
Today pop into local for lunchtime pint to play a piggy bank (nice new arrival) costs ~£90 to get a split £105 ... tidy £15 profit.

Hold on i think theres a Sting King Rich nearby which is usually good to go I'll go and play that (now theres a good idea :!: )
Kind of showing to start but i've got a pint so i'll play on, £46 in for first top ... and what do you know £25 (arse!), reforce. Takes back £25 + £7 and gives another £25 (double arse!!). Ahh crap reforce x2, takes back £25 +£15 to give a split £50. Play on for a few more boards, but dead so walk.
Now I'm not down overall but it's bloody annoying when you have a nice profit and you piss it up the wall with really bad ideas :!: :!:

Anyway the point of the thread was a place for people to tell stories of good/bad ideas, "bloopers" and other crazy ideas that you thought were good at the time
GaryChandler

Post by GaryChandler »

If your forcing a red you HAVE to knock it back till it goes red.
Mattb

Post by Mattb »

Yeah i concur with this. You need it all red or it might not streak. I had to keep killing off an Invincible the other night that was offering £6-£10 wins on all blue boards. I just knew it would go flat if i took it, so keep killing it until i got the nice all red no win board. Might cost a bit more, but does the trick usually.

As for casual, i'm sure everyone does it. I chased a Stack Attack last weekend just because it offered me a toggle and was £39 off :D I got a £25/£75 roll from it but finished £23 down. It was a 'ahh i'm already a good bit up today, i don't want to pay for a drink for nowt, lets just chase it anyway'
"Sixty percent of the time, it works, every time!"

Post by Guest »

Mattb wrote:It was a 'ahh i'm already a good bit up today, i don't want to pay for a drink for nowt, lets just chase it anyway'
Spot on!! I'm here to play and damn it i'm going to play!!

The SKR was redding but just died after the £50. Chased it from the wrong place because i had a pint and some time to burn!!
ma71lda

Post by ma71lda »

I've done what you did more than once! Being £70-£100 up mid afternoon and coming up with the bright idea of 'one last place', well you know what happens - you lose half your winnings and feel as though you've lost your own cash.

These days I set myself a target and if I make it within an hour or on a handful ( big hands you may think ) of machines I call it a day, no matter what machines I have left in the area.
Dunhamzzz

Post by Dunhamzzz »

Chase because you should, not because you could.
pickareel

Post by pickareel »

good playing with words there dunham
i got more routes than loreal

Post by Guest »

When does a stingking ever show though. Its more of a collect that £7 on a 3 machine too me.

Very rarely would i take on one, and if and when i do they never streak anyway! I have had quite a lot of play on them and only once have i had the streak. BUT when it did it was over £100.
105TOP

Post by 105TOP »

Im player number 3 , i dont make mistakes i just rake in the cash
clownymo

Post by clownymo »

Fed a tenner into a CYBTB the other day - someone must've left unhappy before me as after 2 quid it gave me a £48 MS. Played through the rest of the tenner for about £7 afters...so took it and ran, a nice little £45 profit. Figured I'd pay a little visit to my favourite Manic Muncher which is usually pretty good for a cheap jackpot as a lot of casual "coupla-quid" people use it. See the notey is on, which is the first good sign on this machine, bash in a twenty and it starts putting me up and getting me around SS, Cash Climber, MS territory, so i figure its good to go. Wrong, £40 for the flat £35, so, well, they're only winnings...plow in another £30 of that to get the flat top again, bash in another tenner coz thing has got to go big sooner or later...nothing, next tenner, gets me to SS on the last pound and gives me £9...NINE QUID! Chucked that back in there (it was backing) and got nothing. Some lucky bastard is gonna have a nice suprise when they fling in a nugget or two. Why oh why didn't I run with the £35?
Dunhamzzz

Post by Dunhamzzz »

TRy 12 flat Manic Muncher tops in a row...........
clownymo

Post by clownymo »

its a bastard for flat tops - only ever doubled it ONCE (see the "if you saw a machine ready to jackpot, would you tell them" thread) all other times its been Seven Heaven afters from a £35 top. Pain in the arse
105TOP

Post by 105TOP »

well ... what you gotta say ... 105 tops it just comes Natural

I charge £5 per press on your top , I garantee 105 so its worth it

Pm if your intrested
gambogaz1

Post by gambogaz1 »

Even your mighty skills would be put to the test on Muncher 105TOP. I've had £100(£35 JP) but never £105 off it.
betchrider wrote:You go upto a bird and grab her quim and say "im gonna knock the fuck outta this" and see what happens
Cardinal Sin

Post by Cardinal Sin »

105TOP wrote:well ... what you gotta say ... 105 tops it just comes Natural

I charge £5 per press on your top , I garantee 105 so its worth it

Pm if your intrested

Code: Select all

Can I hit your repeat for you mister? I'm really good at it!! Honest, mister. Let me do it for you. You don't know what you're doing. I got 15 repeats last week and I only missed out on the 16th cos I sneezed. Oh go on mister, please can I press a button for you?