Video Screen Grid Runner

General fruit machine related chat, if it doesn't fit another category discuss it here..
Mr Bubbles

Video Screen Grid Runner

Post by Mr Bubbles »

Was in a local pub last night, and saw that they had replaced one of the fruits with a video screen machine, as i was bored I had a looksee at it. There was a choice of 6 games to play, suprisingly one of them was Grid Runner, which was a straight copy of the old fruit machine.

After a few quid it offered 11th heaven, a nice £35jp, took another 10 quid to get a dead board after though.

This could well be a good earner in the future as i expect a lot of the peeps in there will do there nut playing the roulette game.

Anyone else seen it?
theoak

Post by theoak »

I was led to believe each game came from different pots?
Matt Vinyl

Post by Matt Vinyl »

That sounds interesting! A good idea as well. ;)
"And do you ever contradict yourself, Minister?" "Well, yes and no..."
Mr Bubbles

Post by Mr Bubbles »

theoak wrote:I was led to believe each game came from different pots?
Would that be viable? If a couple of games went on a streak on separate pots the machine could empty quite quickly. I see all the games had a fixed percentage of 80%, on the roulette you need to win a chip on a non random 80% wheel of fortune type game before you can play the random 97% roulette wheel
theoak

Post by theoak »

I have debated this with people before; so I dont know for definite either way, the engineer told me this so I took his word for it, and I havent seen them streak big EVER. Played the bullseye one before, left it UTTERLY dead (VERY readbable machines) and switched to the roulette for £30 within £2.
Mr Bubbles

Post by Mr Bubbles »

[quote="theoak"]I have debated this with people before]

That would be possible though as the roulette has a random number generator, Did you get a lot of chips once on entering the wheel part? or was it say £2 which stuck lucky a couple times to get to £30?
ma71lda

Post by ma71lda »

I saw this type of machine in a pub on Tues but the game was called Va Va Vroom.

Could it be possible that within 12 months all machines will be in this format - cheap and nasty simplified AWP's, with roulette and video poker thrown in for good measure?
harry 3

Post by harry 3 »

The future will be slots where the software is uploaded remotely and no need for Leisure Link et al to move machines around once a week. They will be monitored electronically also for percentage payouts which will pinpoint any emptiers quicker than a chav on a mobile phone.
theoak

Post by theoak »

Mr Bubbles wrote:
theoak wrote:I have debated this with people before]

That would be possible though as the roulette has a random number generator, Did you get a lot of chips once on entering the wheel part? or was it say £2 which stuck lucky a couple times to get to £30?
perhaps the roulette you have seen was different then? THIS roulette was certainly NOT random and didnt market itself as such. It has fruit machine reels at the bottom, if the feature icons spin in, they are all worth different amounts which you can then wager on the roulette or collect.
Mr Bubbles

Post by Mr Bubbles »

I know the machine you are talking about, this machine is newer but has a quiz machine style case plus the external hold, cancel and start buttons. To get chips for the roulette there is a very basic spin the wheel game (ie like mega spins to get the spin bit on reds) set at a fixed 80% but once you get on the roulette part of the game it clearly states it is a random 97.2%
Mr Bubbles

Post by Mr Bubbles »

ma71lda wrote:I saw this type of machine in a pub on Tues but the game was called Va Va Vroom.

Could it be possible that within 12 months all machines will be in this format - cheap and nasty simplified AWP's, with roulette and video poker thrown in for good measure?
If it brings back older style fruits from the days of grid runner and earlier I will be quite happy!
Drpepper

Post by Drpepper »

Mr Bubbles wrote:
ma71lda wrote:I saw this type of machine in a pub on Tues but the game was called Va Va Vroom.

If it brings back older style fruits from the days of grid runner and earlier I will be quite happy!
Never a truer word spoken.
ma71lda

Post by ma71lda »

Harry2:- If Leasure Link can monitor a machine from a seperate location whilst it is in play, then surely they will have the power to play god and raise/lower the payout % at will.

MrBubbles:- I too would be delighted if they released a few golden oldies especially barcrests and impulses, Trailblazer, Funny Money, Frenzy and Addams Family all at £35jp. Unfortunately I believe this to be wishful thinking.[/quote]
ob

Post by ob »

Mr Bubbles wrote:I know the machine you are talking about, this machine is newer but has a quiz machine style case plus the external hold, cancel and start buttons. To get chips for the roulette there is a very basic spin the wheel game (ie like mega spins to get the spin bit on reds) set at a fixed 80% but once you get on the roulette part of the game it clearly states it is a random 97.2%
This is a terrible game, I have seen it myself, why oh why would you want to play a 80% game, in order to win "chips" for another house edge game - in effect you are paying to play roulette, which is a game they take an edge on anyhow!!! Madness!

The BFM version is certainly not random though!
remy

Post by remy »

11th heaven and it never used to slip. used to love getting that :wink:
Mmm beer drink of the gods