JD Wetherspoons

General fruit machine related chat, if it doesn't fit another category discuss it here..

Like JD Wetherspoons Pubs ?

Yes
69%
No
21%
Never go there
10%

Total votes: 78

superfeature

Post by superfeature »

i fukin hate wetherspags cus its full of spotty stupid barstaff who dont know what there doing and they owe me money. ah well ya pay peanuts and u get monkeys.

the mcs are shite as well
xbox live gamertag = THE lHAMBURGLER.

(add me for big firefight on call of duty 4 or 5)
grant7909

Post by grant7909 »

i work in my local spoons quality place to win in the bandits. work all day watvching some dumb fuck fill up the machines then stick a couple of quid in each and walk away with at least £30 from each (profit) which isnt bad going when theres 5 bandits to drop.

and by the way not all people who work for spoons are young spotty bastards who aint gor a clue..
JG

Post by JG »

No £150 a night isn't bad is it?

However in reality it doesn't work like that. Sure you may catch the occassional loser, but most people play to get some sort of return and then leave. I'm a professional play (part time now) and to say you can win £30 from each machine as if it's almost a certainty is a blatent lie. I'd be happy making £30 from all five machines, let alone each one!
Fader

Post by Fader »

so true...

although i used to make ATLEAST 15 from a bully for you and a space invaders in my local before they were both gone!
Chance favours the prepared mind!
superfeature

Post by superfeature »

my local wetherspoons have never had a AFU or clones, its always bin shitty bell-fruits and reds....
xbox live gamertag = THE lHAMBURGLER.

(add me for big firefight on call of duty 4 or 5)
Dibble

Post by Dibble »

My spoons used to have two vamps but they went and we are welcomed with a billionaire, ant and dec, treasure hunt and nuns and roses. Cosmic!
ChrisBrighton

Post by ChrisBrighton »

Groovy!
mashman

Post by mashman »

Being a Duty Manager at a weatherspoons, i disagree with what a lot of people have said here...but agree with a lot aswell. There is no limit to how many fruit machines a pub can have, it is all on the liscense....some pubs may only have a liscense for 3 AWP's, some ohter larger pubs may have liscense for 6 or 7...our has 5 AWP's, 1 iT-Box and a golf game...current mc's are...Wank n Dec, Around The World, Treasure Hunt, Yabba and Hill Bill
UkAssassin

Post by UkAssassin »

5 fruitys in my 'spoons as well, barmy army, round the world, bfu and two others i cant remember, but what you can't beat is the Newcastle Brown at £1.60 a bottle!! nice and cold all the time as well. trouble is, theres a bloke who is ALWAYS there and he just goes round and round the fruits with pockets of pound coins stuffed to the top. theres just no point playing them. :(
"just ONE more go" is another chance to lose!
J_C1987

Post by J_C1987 »

I quite like the range of fruit machine my local wetherspoon has: Top Gear(We all know how good this can be :wink: ), bfu, Mega Zone, Doctors n Nurses and sum bell fruit.
Overall, not a bad mix although i have yet to see anybody get anywhere near a jackpot on Doctors n Nurses :?

J_C
ChrisBrighton

Post by ChrisBrighton »

I know what your saying UK A, there a magnet for pro's.
led

Post by led »

Yes the ale is cheap but I've never had a bad pint in wetherspoons unlike other pubs around my area. As for the machines they have I've had a few profitable nights esp on yabba dabba, bfu, jackpot genie and legal tender. I find the bar staff friendly and when you get to know them they pass on a few tips as long as you tell them at the end of the night how you did :wink: . All in all normally a cheap night out.
tka

Post by tka »

Led, you can't live near me then. All the JDWs in London serve end of line slurry. Revolting but cheap. Buy a half, don't drink it, win the machine and go to a decent pub.
No wonder I drink!
ChrisBrighton

Post by ChrisBrighton »

Led,

Good nights on JP Genie & Legal Tender? You were very lucky!
ChrisBrighton

Post by ChrisBrighton »

Led,

Good nights on JP Genie & Legal Tender? You were very lucky! Lol