Different stakes

General fruit machine related chat, if it doesn't fit another category discuss it here..
Slug For A Butt

Post by Slug For A Butt »

Ouch !
Oli

Post by Oli »

This is a big debate we have had a few times in the past. I think we came to the conclusion that there are NOT seperate pots. I think the consensus (sp?) was that there is an additional pot which the money equivalent of the extra 6% goes into. This pot cannot be accessed by the 30p play mode.

So effectively if you were to put £10 through on 50p play (assuming 30p =70% and 50p play = 76%) then £7 would go into the normal fruit machine pot (because £7 is 70%) and £0.60 would go into this extra pot (because £0.60 is the extra 6%). If another £10 went through than the normal pot would be £14 and the 50p pot would have £1.20 Therefore, if a player then played on 30p, the machine would be preapred to pay out £14. But if he played on 50p it would be prepared to pay out the £14 plus the 50 pot, totalling £15.20. And so on and so on. Get it?
streaky bacon?
TheMission

Post by TheMission »

And I think I said that this is by no means definite. Some machines (including ones I have done) DO use separate pots, and are effectively two/three machines in one.
pokerpete

Post by pokerpete »

pretty sure you're wrong there mate.
Drpepper

Post by Drpepper »

What happens to the +6% after you've changes stakes and if there are different pots varies from manu to manu and we've seen no definitive answer so far to the best of my knowledge, just speculation and assumptions.
blackmogu

Post by blackmogu »

It can only ever be speculation and assumptions until a manufacturer releases a specification for what they advertise.
Speculatively, I doubt that it's treated as a different game, since if you recall triple madness, triple carrot golds, they each had the disclaimer "Each game is a seperate game in it's own right".

If I were to design a game such as this, I would break the 50p stake such that 30p of the stake value goes into the mainstream pot, and the 20p stake is held as a booster pot. If the machine decides to let you have a win on 50p/go, the maximum you can achieve is (normal pot)+(booster pot).

Advantages to this approach is seeing 50p stake having an effect, like redding earlier than normal etc.

Of course, it would depend on whether or not the pots had an "activation threshold value", kind of like a variable limit streak pot.

And to confuddle players looking for patterns, have the threshold set at pre-specified times to a pre-specified, or indeed random value. This would give the game a dynamic feel with regard to 50p/spin.
Mattb

Post by Mattb »

It definitely makes a difference.

I had to play one of my jailbirds on 30p today as some idiot has popped the change stake button. It was completely there, and went for £25 off £7. Went for the 2nd top as per, and it took £34 to get the £50. On 50p play, it never ever takes more then £15-£20 max for the second top. Just pure evidence to me that 50p plays makes all the difference.
"Sixty percent of the time, it works, every time!"
pokerpete

Post by pokerpete »

problem is most players have no idea how the things work at all.

if you're playing a 78% machine, for every £1 you put in 78p gets distributed between various 'pots' and the othe 22p gets forgotten about. if you're playing on top stake, an extra 6p gets added to a pot 30p players cant get at. the 50p player can win all the money in the 30p pots but not vice versa
Mattb

Post by Mattb »

....which is exactly how i see it. The only viable way this dual stake can work is surely this way (extra 6% into a seperate 50p only pot). It explains why 50p stakes result in much better streaks 8)
"Sixty percent of the time, it works, every time!"