Different stakes

General fruit machine related chat, if it doesn't fit another category discuss it here..
Stevie S

Different stakes

Post by Stevie S »

Does it make a difference if you play 10p/25p/50p stakes. apart from the obvious. i mean say a fruity is ready to pay out £15 JP whatever would it give it to you on 10p the same as it would give it to you on 50p. i like playing 10p's and have good wins on them.
mattrick

Post by mattrick »

Dam i thought this was a thread about the american sitcom with the little black guy in it at first :roll: :roll:
Matt Vinyl

Post by Matt Vinyl »

lol!

Anyway, it only makes a difference if there's an advertised percentage increase. A lot of machines now offer +6% from playing on higher stakes.
You also have to remember that playing on 10p a go is going to take a lot longer to win anything, as the ratio of stake to JP (on a £25 / £35 machine) is going to be very big!
"And do you ever contradict yourself, Minister?" "Well, yes and no..."
Stevie S

Post by Stevie S »

+6% isnt much but its better than nothing ay, i no what your saying about the ratio, i ask the question as ive been playing a deal or no deal in me local on the 10p stakes and a few times now ive got on the superboard after £4-£5 and walked away with £20+ :D .

Im not as hardcore as most players on the site £130 in for £160 out etc, dont think any of the machines by me see that sort of play!? id prefer to play the machine for 10mins on 10p's and get nowere than go for the big boy 50p stakes and be there for 30 seconds and get shit.

Dont get me wrong it does get boring after a while but by that time the machine bores me and ill go onto the next.
Mattb

Post by Mattb »

The thing is, reds will pretty much roll every time on 50p. On the old 30p ones you could keep getting loads of £25s.....this has never happened to me on a 50p one. Way better for streaking, saves time too!
"Sixty percent of the time, it works, every time!"
Terry Tibbs

Post by Terry Tibbs »

mattrick wrote:Dam i thought this was a thread about the american sitcom with the little black guy in it at first :roll: :roll:
whatya talkin bout Mattrick
you don’t just jump into bed with Terry Tibbs, you take Terry Tibbs out to lunch, you wine and dine him, you give him an oil massage then he gives you 1950 if you’re lucky!
TheMission

Post by TheMission »

Superhands wrote:
mattrick wrote:Dam i thought this was a thread about the american sitcom with the little black guy in it at first :roll: :roll:
whatya talkin bout Mattrick
Eee, you young 'uns eh? :wink:

Tinky Winky Linky
mattrick

Post by mattrick »

I thought it said "Different Strokes" when i first saw it :lol: :lol:
Slug For A Butt

Post by Slug For A Butt »

" What you talkin' bout Willis " :o ops:

Got to say, I was wondering about the different stakes too.
So if you see a machine, lets say a RED machine that is showing signs, would it make any difference if I then dropped the stake?
Or is the machine ready to drop whatever stake I'm playing?
Skyraker

Post by Skyraker »

or lets say someone has been playing normal stake and the machine is at it's stake of 78%... you hit the 50p+6% stake and the machine is out by 6% and has to pay.
mattrick

Post by mattrick »

Skyraker wrote:or lets say someone has been playing normal stake and the machine is at it's stake of 78%... you hit the 50p+6% stake and the machine is out by 6% and has to pay.
I dont think that it is that simple mate, i would have thought that there will be a pseudo +6% pot, which is only dipped into when you are on 50p a go.
Slug For A Butt

Post by Slug For A Butt »

Skyraker wrote:or lets say someone has been playing normal stake and the machine is at it's stake of 78%... you hit the 50p+6% stake and the machine is out by 6% and has to pay.
But I thought %'s were worked out over time. Not instantly "I've taken over my %age, I've got to pay".
Maybe showing my naivety here.

I've just been to my local for a pint before I pick the wife up from work and stuck a couple of quid in the new Piggy Bank in there. It showed all reds but one, I would have chased it if I had some cash on me, but would dropping the stake affect the board I get next time I get on the board?
Or is the stake just all about your chances of getting on the board?
Skyraker

Post by Skyraker »

@mattrick

If it wasn't a 6% pot then you could fill it up playig +6% and some munter come along and drop it playing normal stake... It would be nice to know exactly how they work out the 6% extra...
anfield road

Post by anfield road »

I dont play reds on 50p anymore just on 30p and I find it saves money 50p can take £100 off you from redding without you even realising
justice For The 96
fightstar

Post by fightstar »

I just played billy the quid and for first time got hidden features which lit whole machine red, however was forced to take a £9 cashpot