Opening your Own Arcade

General fruit machine related chat, if it doesn't fit another category discuss it here..
taps

Post by taps »

your allowed to use the machines bought of ebay for personal gain as long has you hold the appropriate license,

has for licence fees, at work we pay £1556 per year for 2 £25 machines
Scott

Post by Scott »

Makes me wonder how these kebab houses and taxi ranks afford these license fees?? and if they dont have a license how do they get round it. my local kebab house had a £25 jp machine for months. its on a main drag and clearly visible when walkin/driving past and i would be surprised if they pay X amount a year..... maybe thats why its recently vanished.
Cobwebs 👆
Nixxy

Post by Nixxy »

I'm finding LOTS of kebab shops with machines advertising a £5 Jackpot, but paying a £15 Jackpot. The prize awards have usually been altered on the overlay to put the top three or four fruits as a £5 win, when infact they are £8, £10 and £15.

Anyone else finding this?
This machine may at times offer a choice where the player has every chance of bankruptcy
COASTERDESIGNERPRO1

Post by COASTERDESIGNERPRO1 »

It is now/or going to be illegal for unlicenced premises such as kebab shops, taxi ranks and cafes to have a fruit machine.

In relation to bat_finks post i think section 16 machines are £2000 per year.
theoak

Post by theoak »

I reckon the s16s make that in a week sometimes! Yeah, ive always wondered about kebab shops and their obviousness.
bat_fink

Post by bat_fink »

COASTERDESIGNERPRO1 wrote:In relation to bat_finks post i think section 16 machines are £2000 per year.
Matt Vinyl

Post by Matt Vinyl »

Heh, love the smiley!!!! :)
"And do you ever contradict yourself, Minister?" "Well, yes and no..."
JustAnotherClone

Post by JustAnotherClone »

theoak

Post by theoak »

postage costs of £1.50 :?
rocket

Post by rocket »

extreme eddie wrote:Makes me wonder how these kebab houses and taxi ranks afford these license fees?? and if they dont have a license how do they get round it. my local kebab house had a £25 jp machine for months. its on a main drag and clearly visible when walkin/driving past and i would be surprised if they pay X amount a year..... maybe thats why its recently vanished.
*throws cat amongst pigeons*

but who is going to drive past and bother to challenge or report them? The police? They're too busy collecting speeding fines to bother with anything like that!
rollem

Post by rollem »

Jesus you can buy an arcade on ebay. Wouldnt it be better just to set one up yourself that dosent have a reputation therefore bringing in new customers. Its just those £500 JP are so expensive. I never see people playing those really. I think its best for an arcade to have a small amount of those. There really shite anyway. There is so many storys of £10 - £500 out. Ive had £460 off £6 before. Oh well nobodys actually going to start one so i dont know why im making this post.