fruit machine values

General fruit machine related chat, if it doesn't fit another category discuss it here..
duomat

fruit machine values

Post by duomat »

Why is it that some machines with good games in good nik only fetch about £50 to £100 and old mpu3 get £500/£600.Who decided that they were collectable.I wouldnt have thought they would have cost that new.
buzzer

Post by buzzer »

becase mpu3 technology has been obsolete for many years.
finding a fully working machine in good condition becomes harder and harder as the years roll on...

folk that played them in teens/early 20's are now the wrong side of 40....
those with cash to spare dont seem to mind shelling out big money for the classic games they played as a youth....

market forces i suppose...
dog section

Post by dog section »

we like to timewarp back to our youth and our fave machines. thats why when a fruity comes up that reminds us of when life was simple and you had 1 or sometimes 2 birds that happily put out instead of the hatchet faced old bag youre stuck with now, you want to buy it.
k9-sec.co.uk
spa

Post by spa »

Like all things really. Somethings are rare, others are not. The rarer then item, the more money it will command.

To put a mpu3 razzle dazzle next to a triple 7 and say they are worth roughly the same is pretty crazy though.
duomat

Post by duomat »

rarety does not mean expensive.If i made a one off machine which i have many times means i should get thousands.But not in reality.The waterwheel by bellfruit is rare,and apart from mine the only other i know of is in bellfruits own museum.And i stripped mine to a shell,and now its mint as it was in 1967.And no its not for sale and never will be.
quizard

Post by quizard »

Bellfruit have got a museum? Open to the public?
Give Us A Break 30th Anniversary
duomat

Post by duomat »

Well,i say museum,i knew someone who works their and they have a room with some of their older machines in,its not open to public and they wont sell them,ive tried.I dont think they keep one of every model they have made but certainly a few classics from what i have heard
spa

Post by spa »

duomat wrote:rarety does not mean expensive.If i made a one off machine which i have many times means i should get thousands.But not in reality.The waterwheel by bellfruit is rare,and apart from mine the only other i know of is in bellfruits own museum.And i stripped mine to a shell,and now its mint as it was in 1967.And no its not for sale and never will be.
Of course rarity means expensive. If Barcrest made a one off machine it would be worth thousands and then some.