An outsiders view

General fruit machine related chat, if it doesn't fit another category discuss it here..
pianohands

An outsiders view

Post by pianohands »

Hi all

Retired (more or less) player here in peace. I have read a lot on this board about why it is quite etc. I thought I would give you an outsiders view. This board seems split n 2, you have the people who come on here and speak with honesty and from the heart, then you have the Bravado brigade, you know the sort - I am making thousands and have 10 new tricks that no one else is doing. They think that if someone isn't on the latest trick then they are somehow inferior.

My story is similar to many on here, started at about 14 playing panthers, andy caps etc. I used to lose my paper money and like many on here after a couple of years losing, I worked out a few little bits, numbers on big bucks, getting past the £5 block on escapes etc. The machines were a lot more readable back then as many others here will testify. Now the luck bit was bumping into other players and exchanging numbers and I was lucky when I met a lad called Chris from Blackpool and Nigel from Leicester, I dont really know what happened to either of these guys. I was amazed when I did my first empty (flashback) it was such a buzz to be able to take every penny out of a machine with skill and knowledge. I then played pro up until about amazing's/aliens etc, with the odd part time job.

The game now appears to be on the decline, however it was never going to last forever was it? The good points for me were money, hours and the best one of all total freedom (i'm now working so I can look back and see just how lucky I was). There were also down sides as the machines play with your emotions, green hands, holes in jeans lol and for me a feeling of emptiness (sometimes).

Anyway back to my point (for what its worth) that no one is better than anyone else because they have a new trick on a machine. All fruit machine players are at different levels from gambling addict to pro player, with an overlap possible. If you let it, machines can bring out the worst in people, greed, resentment, jealousy, false pride etc. So i guess its better to be grateful you had/have the chance to make easy money, without the need to make out that playing machines is a status symbol that makes you somehow superior to other people. I have read a lot of the posts on this site and I think there are quite a lot of good honest posters that get fed up with the nonsense that is posted, with nearly every thread turned into a slagging match for people with personal vendettas, I bet this one will too. I think if all players are honest they will agree that good and bad has come about from playing pro fruits. Anyway rambling on now so will just say that I think this site would be so much better if certain posters dropped the i'm better than you attitude.
Oscar

Post by Oscar »

Some good points made there. Hopefully the thread won't descend into chaos.
You put a lemon to shame, you bitter cunt.
trayhop123

Post by trayhop123 »

nigel was my trainer
Little discipline = BIG issue

amazing

Post by amazing »

pianohands wrote:Hi all

Retired (more or less) player here in peace. I have read a lot on this board about why it is quite etc. I thought I would give you an outsiders view. This board seems split n 2, you have the people who come on here and speak with honesty and from the heart, then you have the Bravado brigade, you know the sort - I am making thousands and have 10 new tricks that no one else is doing. They think that if someone isn't on the latest trick then they are somehow inferior.

My story is similar to many on here, started at about 14 playing panthers, andy caps etc. I used to lose my paper money and like many on here after a couple of years losing, I worked out a few little bits, numbers on big bucks, getting past the £5 block on escapes etc. The machines were a lot more readable back then as many others here will testify. Now the luck bit was bumping into other players and exchanging numbers and I was lucky when I met a lad called Chris from Blackpool and Nigel from Leicester, I dont really know what happened to either of these guys. I was amazed when I did my first empty (flashback) it was such a buzz to be able to take every penny out of a machine with skill and knowledge. I then played pro up until about amazing's/aliens etc, with the odd part time job.

The game now appears to be on the decline, however it was never going to last forever was it? The good points for me were money, hours and the best one of all total freedom (i'm now working so I can look back and see just how lucky I was). There were also down sides as the machines play with your emotions, green hands, holes in jeans lol and for me a feeling of emptiness (sometimes).

Anyway back to my point (for what its worth) that no one is better than anyone else because they have a new trick on a machine. All fruit machine players are at different levels from gambling addict to pro player, with an overlap possible. If you let it, machines can bring out the worst in people, greed, resentment, jealousy, false pride etc. So i guess its better to be grateful you had/have the chance to make easy money, without the need to make out that playing machines is a status symbol that makes you somehow superior to other people. I have read a lot of the posts on this site and I think there are quite a lot of good honest posters that get fed up with the nonsense that is posted, with nearly every thread turned into a slagging match for people with personal vendettas, I bet this one will too. I think if all players are honest they will agree that good and bad has come about from playing pro fruits. Anyway rambling on now so will just say that I think this site would be so much better if certain posters dropped the i'm better than you attitude.
I'm on my best behavior honest :)
Enjoying life to the max!

I'll be back
Roll_With_It_Russ

Post by Roll_With_It_Russ »

total rubbish the days are numbered... as long as there are machines in locations like pubs and clubs there will be money to be made, some might not adapt or can't take it anymore. However a individuals situation there will be more the same be it packing it in or being an newcomer.

aside from machines I am desperate for the next big thing to come round the corner since online poker.
stakechanger

Post by stakechanger »

Strange game when you go local perfect dead mega dead , mist hyper , cluedo hyper , flicker hyper electro hyper .
stakechanger

Post by stakechanger »

Amazing had any joy at lockkeeper lol
JG

Post by JG »

It's keymaster and you need to ***** **** ****** first Glendale.
JG
BFK

Post by BFK »

Lips
feeder23

Post by feeder23 »

amazing wrote:I'm on my best behavior honest :)
makes walter mitty and maverick look like mother teresa and ghandi
fankya4thebull
amazing

Post by amazing »

stakechanger wrote:Amazing had any joy at lockkeeper lol
No better fish to fry matey
Having time of at min though due to my dad passing away so help yourself :)
Enjoying life to the max!

I'll be back
BFK

Post by BFK »

What happened to Maverick?