Player Populations

General fruit machine related chat, if it doesn't fit another category discuss it here..
JG

Post by JG »

Don't forget me either, you've only trained me up to NVQ level 2 on my BellFruit module. When is the next tutorial?
JG
maverick69

Post by maverick69 »

noels beard has a masters in fruitology, redlinesman has a phd from oxford in reel based technology
bubbles

Post by bubbles »

everyone still think the reflexes are shit?!
trayhop123

Post by trayhop123 »

i'll come clean on the job front ,,,,,,,,, although i wasn't exactly lying when i said i worked in a computer game shop

it was blockbuster ,,,,,,,,, literally 100yrds walk from my flat.

i wasn't even looking for a job , but the manager said joking , that i spend so much time over there that i may as well work for em , and that my ''film buff'' product knowledge was amazing .

so being without a car etc and only slotting a cpl of days a week , i took it

now the day after i started , the news broke of the liquidation lol , the manager didn't even know about it till he seen it on the morning news and spat his coffee out. ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, lol

the night before i had signed a 12 hr a week 3month probationary period contract

anyhow during the 3 months , two of the other leicester branches closed and our branch had offered to take a couple of their staff , if everyone would be willing to sign lesser contracts etc ,,,,,,,,,,,,,, mine being 5hrs a week ,,,,,,,,,,, so a waste of time really , and so doing the honourable thing , i elected to leave and spread my paltry hours to those with seniority and kids to feed etc , ,,,,,,,,,,, the manager said he appreciated the sentiment and would offer a glowing reference if and when needed etc

at least its a gap filled in the cv lol

anyhows , so why didn't i mention it was blockbuster ??? ,,,,,,,,,,,, chalk that one up to my own paranoia , ,,,,,, theres a lot of vindictive people about , it wouldn't have been too hard for anyone off here to track down the blockbuster branch with lee working in it ,,,,,,,,,,, phone up and try to put the boot in etc , mention gambling etc

like i said , my own paranoia more than anything lol ,,,,,,,,,,,,, and it wasn't a lie ,,,,, blockbuster sell and rent games .
Little discipline = BIG issue

JG

Post by JG »

Very honourable Lee. We often forget that for some people that £6/hour is a lifeline. I still think the reflexes are mundane. I put £6 into one in a services and got a £12 deal plus repeat. They're not getting done IMO and if they are it's some shit rip that blags invincible about £20 before due anyway.
Utter nonsense! I'd rather play a £5 Wizard of Oz, particular one where bonus respin doesn't bloop off the blips when you plop to the whipper and then to the whopper.
JG
Oscar

Post by Oscar »

JG wrote:Very honourable Lee. We often forget that for some people that £6/hour is a lifeline. I still think the reflexes are mundane. I put £6 into one in a services and got a £12 deal plus repeat. They're not getting done IMO and if they are it's some shit rip that blags invincible about £20 before due anyway.
Utter nonsense! I'd rather play a £5 Wizard of Oz, particular one where bonus respin doesn't bloop off the blips when you plop to the whipper and then to the whopper.
You've got it then I take it, I thought <NAME DELETED> would probably cave in and give it you in the end.

Yes very noble of Lee, having signed a contract, to then allow his employers to break that contract, and not even follow the matter up. Very noble indeed. Very very noble.

In fact one might even go as far to say that it is exceptionally noble and honourable, considering his employers failed to apply the same honour with regards to his contract.

The right-honourable Lee from Leicestershire he shall be known as from now on. None of this Sir Linesman bollocks, who would wish to share a title with a now deceased predatory paedophile?

Talking of work I fail to see how one can sustain sobriety whilst working amidst people of such limited intelligence that minimum wage employment is all they are fit for. I can't. To be fair most of the people I work with are a good laugh, but there is always one, and the person is question is the dullest, thickest and most charmless person I have ever encountered. It is a measure of my failings in life that I am forced to endure 8 hour shifts twice at weekends with the cunt.
JG

Post by JG »

I love you Oscar. May I pop across to this pub/garage and give you and the charmless cunt a big cuddle?
JG
Ruler of The World

Post by Ruler of The World »

I'd like to visit too. I'm sure I know worse people than the charmless one.
GaryChandler

Post by GaryChandler »

On another note anyone know who that Bubbles is? Claims to be from Hove, not so sure myself...
bubbles

Post by bubbles »

you from bognor gary?!
GaryChandler

Post by GaryChandler »

Yes, where are you really from?
trayhop123

Post by trayhop123 »

oscar ,,,,,,, erm ,,,,,, was that sarcasm ? ,,,,, i cant tell

anyhow they did honour their part ,,,,,,,, i did get 12 hrs for my 3month contract ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

we were all called in to a staff meeting to talk about the other staff from other branches joining us etc ,,,,,,,,, and i was told after my 3months were up , they could only give me a 5hr contract ,,,,,,,,,, waste of time 30quid ,,,,,,,,,, we took 100 each slotting yesterday after expensis

blockbuster went from 528 stores to 204 left standing ,,,,they trimmed it down to only the profitable branches ,,, and has now sold it all as a going concern

but imo ,,,,,,, i think its a matter of when ,, not if ,,,,,, the whole thing collapses

physical media is a thing of the past now ,,,,,,, films games music etc ,,,,,,,,,,, why leave the comfort of your armchair , when you can just click a button and download/stream it

thats not really my opinion , im an old fogie , i like to finish a game , then trade it in etc , give it my nephew etc ,,,,,,,,,,,,,

download/stream only is crap ,,,,,,, your tied to the providers price , and theres no second hand value

but i guess its the future , and we have to embrace it ,,,,,,,,,,, its a sad state of affairs really ,,,,,,,pretty soon our high st will consist of bookies and greggs

trayhop123

Post by trayhop123 »

oh and i will tell you the alice method george ,, ,,, piss off noel ,,,,,,,, its shit anyhow

shadmun

Post by shadmun »

The landlord wrote:Could be wrong, but there's nothing near they nos of 'pros' playing in Scotland, u guys should get up here the wends, would make a fortune!!!
Scotland is well covered
harry2

Post by harry2 »

Any of you guys play in Reading. I regularly visit 8 or 10 different places and have only once seen a professional player skilling up a couple of jackpots before disappearing. They must be all well disguised, if not. JG did venture this far once, as a guest of mine. There's at least thirty pubs in the town centre alone. I'm out drinking, or playing darts, crib or pool, at least five nights a week.
Roulette free since December 2011.