Goodbye

General fruit machine related chat, if it doesn't fit another category discuss it here..
gambogaz1

Post by gambogaz1 »

Ruler of The World wrote:Even if we sold up for £300k, £170k would sort the debts out I think then of the 130k left she would demand about £110K of it! What's the point? Do you have any idea how much divorces cost? That would wipe me out completely.
The point is you wouldn't be giving up on your kids.

Tonight I've got the undignified job of moving back into my mothers having been kicked out by my missus of 17 years last summer ( who I've had 4 kids with ) because I can't afford to continue living were I am. I'm saddled with Debt I ran up for her and I left with nothing but a few bags of clothes, she kept everything else for the kids sake.

On top of that last year my Dad was diagnosed with bowel cancer and is now in the final stages were he looks a shadow of his former self at what I'd guess is about 5 to 6 stone in weight.

I've been fucking down these last 6 months, really down, I've pretty much given up playing as this was used as 1 reason why the Ex wanted me gone, she was happy with the money but not my time spent away. So I've pretty much turned off from fruits, My life currently revolves around going to work, seeing the kids when I can and either sitting in my bedroom or just getting pissed, it's total wank and sometimes very lonely, but I'd never give up on my Kids, I brought them into the world, It's my job to keep them safe as they grow into Adults. So face your problems, don't run from them or expect other people to bail you out of them, start again and eventually it'll get better.

If you've made any good friends, which luckily I have, they'll be around to get you through it, maybe not financially but in other ways they will. Some of mine have been absolute diamonds.

Now enough daft talk of life expectancy and such. Take a grip of yourself pal.
betchrider wrote:You go upto a bird and grab her quim and say "im gonna knock the fuck outta this" and see what happens
maverick69

Post by maverick69 »

Im glad im young enough to maybe stop fruits now, after reading all of this. maybe i should just stop.....no good can come of it by the looks of it. Relationships torn apart, debts and unhappyness. Thinking of it all the players i know are mostly skint, unhappy and on there own. :(
Ruler of The World

Post by Ruler of The World »

Trouble is my friends aren't helping. Can't blame Rich, I know his predicament but there are others...well, I doubt they call anyone friends as they seem to be heartless robots. Only thing they care about is keeping hold of their cash but rushing to grab what they can when I have something on offer for them.

Sorry to hear about your dad, Gaz. :(
maverick69

Post by maverick69 »

Every older player ive ever met, said dont go down the playing path as it's not a good one
Ruler of The World

Mav, the trouble is to get to the stage of being a pro on fruits you pretty much have to have had a gambling problem to have played fruits that much. The job is steady, making money, but then the gambler in you wants a reward for working so hard so you treat him to a gamble... Then you become the gambler you weren't all day while you earned what you are now allowing the gambler to lose.

If you could separate yourself from that gambler, view it as a different person who gambles, I think that helps. Ie. some idiot gambler wants you to give him all your money you've earned today, perhaps your savings too.. But that idiot is the gambler in you. You've got to tell that idiot to fuck off!

I've just written that, I hope I can finally view it that way myself, after all the years of being both people.

The only exception is when a non gambler is taught how to play fruits. In my opinion, these are the best players although I can't think of any examples. Theoretically though, they should be for obvious reasons.
maverick69

Post by maverick69 »

The only problem ROLW is that giving money to a problem gambler,doesnt really help the situation. Thats what your mates are thinking......you would be better off putting ur head down and work from 9-11 and never go into a bookies. I know its hard for a degen gambler, but try and think i dont want to give the bastards the money. I went through a stage of playing FOBTs when they first game out and i lost around 2-3000 pounds .
Ruler of The World

If you understood the situation better mate, someone could pay it off for me, don't need to actually hand me the cash. Many people know I will repay in full, a couple of people think I won't. Those people I hardly see, nothing I can do about that.
trayhop123

Post by trayhop123 »

sorry to hear about your dad gambo , thats real despair right there.
Little discipline = BIG issue

Ruler of The World

I'd like to thank all of you who supported me on this thread, to be honest I am quite pleasantly surprised at the response I got not just on the thread but through PMs.

I think I will start afresh and see how things go.
trayhop123

Post by trayhop123 »

best of luck ,
Little discipline = BIG issue

pound

Post by pound »

gambogaz1 wrote:The point is you wouldn't be giving up on your kids.

Tonight I've got the undignified job of moving back into my mothers having been kicked out by my missus of 17 years last summer ( who I've had 4 kids with ) because I can't afford to continue living were I am. I'm saddled with Debt I ran up for her and I left with nothing but a few bags of clothes, she kept everything else for the kids sake.

On top of that last year my Dad was diagnosed with bowel cancer and is now in the final stages were he looks a shadow of his former self at what I'd guess is about 5 to 6 stone in weight.

I've been fucking down these last 6 months, really down, I've pretty much given up playing as this was used as 1 reason why the Ex wanted me gone, she was happy with the money but not my time spent away. So I've pretty much turned off from fruits, My life currently revolves around going to work, seeing the kids when I can and either sitting in my bedroom or just getting pissed, it's total wank and sometimes very lonely, but I'd never give up on my Kids, I brought them into the world, It's my job to keep them safe as they grow into Adults. So face your problems, don't run from them or expect other people to bail you out of them, start again and eventually it'll get better.

If you've made any good friends, which luckily I have, they'll be around to get you through it, maybe not financially but in other ways they will. Some of mine have been absolute diamonds.

Now enough daft talk of life expectancy and such. Take a grip of yourself pal.
Fucking hell dude,No wonder you was pissed other day with me,i fully understand and check ur pms gaz
Oscar

Post by Oscar »

Ruler of The World wrote:Trouble is my friends aren't helping. Can't blame Rich, I know his predicament but there are others...well, I doubt they call anyone friends as they seem to be heartless robots. Only thing they care about is keeping hold of their cash but rushing to grab what they can when I have something on offer for them.

Sorry to hear about your dad, Gaz. :(
Before I stopped playing roulette, incidentally 6 months ago now, I considered my situation as a predicament, and when I started work again I was thinking to myself what a sorry mess to be in, having to resort to min wage retail work to eke out a living. But when compared to some peoples existence it doesn't seem like a predicament at all.

I swear I never thought i'd be able to go through life without playing roulette, but after a couple of weeks went by where I couldn't really afford to gamble I just thought fuck roulette and that was that.
Ruler of The World

Well you know for me it doesn't end at roulette... Horse racing, football, blackjack... I simply must use the 'don't give your money to the idiot gambler within you' analogy I came up with today.
johncluedo

Post by johncluedo »

Glad your thinking more clearly!!
amazing

Post by amazing »

Ruler of The World wrote:Well you know for me it doesn't end at roulette... Horse racing, football, blackjack... I simply must use the 'don't give your money to the idiot gambler within you' analogy I came up with today.
Just think of all the money and pockets u have lined through your addiction,in my eyes your either a player or a gambler!
Sounds like u have had your fair share of good luck through machining if u get another chance you're lucky, most people don't get to the top of the ladder those who do won't talk about it on here anyway, they just view what we are going on about then feed us something all at the same time and watch us run around like headless chickens mopping up what's left, I never ask for anything if you're going to get something early and earn fat your lucky to no the person who rightly so will only give to trusted and chosen few, most players are backstabbing twats so I don't get involved with many and have started to find bits now bobs outbfor myself Best way trust me,
I do feel sorry for you were your mind is at the min etc my advice is just pack it all in fresh start away from machines yiu don't have the will power to ever hang on to any money u make, so it's all pointless!
But ffs don't even think about suicide thoughts and if u genuinely are seek help via your dr NOW before it's to late.
Regards amazing
Enjoying life to the max!

I'll be back