What is LUCK?

General fruit machine related chat, if it doesn't fit another category discuss it here..
logopolis

Post by logopolis »

He had a few too many backstage before the match! Did you see him rocking about the stage and throwing his darts all wrong. You should have raced to the bookie after that 1st leg and backed Van Gerwen to win 5-0. Then you would have had good luck!
maverick69

Post by maverick69 »

logopolis wrote:He had a few too many backstage before the match! Did you see him rocking about the stage and throwing his darts all wrong. You should have raced to the bookie after that 1st leg and backed Van Gerwen to win 5-0. Then you would have had good luck!
I think Eric Bristow will win im a celeb, guys a legend
Ruler of The World

Post by Ruler of The World »

We could have a mass-debate about this forever!!!

Was it 'luck' when Lampard's goal was disallowed in the world cup? Everyone knows it was a goal and no matter how badly England ended up getting battered that day, it still would have got them to 2-2 which probably would have lasted until half time. Do we call it luck or fate? England were not 'meant' to win the world cup? You just can't pull this thing out and show it to anyone, it doesn't exist! As far as I am concerned its just what happens happens, there is no variable here - saying luck exists implies that there is a possiblility of variation but in reality what happens is going to happen and there is nothing that can be done about it because there can only be 1 outcome and that is the outcome that occurs!

Please do not let this thread get to the stage where I start using The Oracle from The Matrix to make my point!!!
gambogaz1

Post by gambogaz1 »

Luck is £120 into a mist and still not gaming

Step forward
£40 cob
£56 CP offer 1st phone game
Full red matrix not long after after

£6 profit, madness!!

Or even luckier few weeks back, £75 into a perfect with a now £69.20 CP on quid stake, spins in £70 box, CP offer, ended up just over £100 up.
betchrider wrote:You go upto a bird and grab her quim and say "im gonna knock the fuck outta this" and see what happens
Oscar

Post by Oscar »

Luck is entirely dependant on your willingness to expose yourself to chance.

For example I could choose to sit in a room all day, in which case nothing either good or bad is likely to happen.
Ruler of The World

True story for you Rich, let's see what you make of this - this is open to everyone of course...

I knew this guy vaguely, he had a BMW 325, he was a pretty good driver. He and I never actually spoke but we were in a group of people who basically met up at Airport Bowl and went for little fast car cruises (and yes I know his car wasn't the fastest)... I can guess you're all expecting a car crash story now - far from it! I was told around a week after I last saw him that he had died! He was outside his place in Battersea washing his car, getting it ready for the next time we all met up I guess, talking to his mate whilst doing so. There was some building work going on in the area involving cranes, a crane operator picked up a load that was far too heavy causing the crane to collapse - on top of this guy. His mate jumped out of the way, the bloke got cleanly decapitated! Apparently his head was rolling around on the floor and his girlfriend basically saw that whilst reacting to the substantial noise made. The crane operator also died.

Is that 'bad luck'?

No bullshit, true story - someone I knew actually read about it in a newspaper and couldn't believe I knew the guy. What a way to go, poor bloke had a kid too as far as I know.
Scott

Post by Scott »

Thats final destination shit, what a way to go.
Cobwebs 👆
Roll_With_It_Russ

Post by Roll_With_It_Russ »

Ruler of The World wrote: a crane operator picked up a load that was far too heavy causing the crane to collapse - on top of this guy.
It was not luck that the operator or the person supervising the lift was negligent, eventually if this happens enough times a accident will occur, someone will get hurt.
Ruler of The World

It was not luck because there is no such thing! That's the whole point of the example. What happens is going to happen, its just how it is. In this case the guy I knew and his family especially were extremely unfortunate but some would say UNLUCKY! A series of events would have brought about his premature death, a child will grow up without their natural father, its very unfair and yet it happened and it was the ONLY outcome that ever was going to happen since all events came together and that was the result.
Roll_With_It_Russ

Post by Roll_With_It_Russ »

Ruler of The World wrote:It was not luck because there is no such thing! That's the whole point of the example. What happens is going to happen, its just how it is. In this case the guy I knew and his family especially were extremely unfortunate but some would say UNLUCKY! A series of events would have brought about his premature death, a child will grow up without their natural father, its very unfair and yet it happened and it was the ONLY outcome that ever was going to happen since all events came together and that was the result.
but could of easily been avoided, the senarios are endless.
Ruler of The World

No it couldn't be avoided because it is what happened, there are no variables. We could always go down the 'if your dad had been a woman' road... or if this continues.. I WILL unleash THE ORACLE FROM THE MATRIX!!!
Ruler of The World

I appear to have gotten the story wrong regarding the death of that guy I knew - unless he was a worker of the company who wasn't working at the time... Have a look - the guy I 'knew' was Michael Alexa.

http://www.constructionenquirer.com/201 ... ne-deaths/

or maybe I was right!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/engl ... 383186.stm

What SICKENING IRONY it is that the guy who was talking to Michael but escaped himself says he was so LUCKY...
Ruler of The World

Marcossvon

Post by Marcossvon »

I believe it was Gary player who first said it.....although palmer no doubt has said it since.
logopolis

Post by logopolis »

maverick69 wrote:I think Eric Bristow will win im a celeb, guys a legend

You could be right about that. Maybe you should put some money on him to win!