FOBT's

General fruit machine related chat, if it doesn't fit another category discuss it here..
Simo7

Post by Simo7 »

I try and change up any quids soon as I can and haven't managed to build up a stash like that yet!, just took a random image Its blocks of hundred dollar bills seized by the US army somewhere I think, with some foreign currency at the front
Scott

Post by Scott »

Ok, i thought we'd found the chief's stash.
Cobwebs 👆
harry2

Post by harry2 »

Scott wrote:Ok, i thought we'd found the chief's stash.
It's what you need to force out a Gold Pot.
Roulette free since December 2011.
trayhop123

Post by trayhop123 »

once again the regulation topic rises .

my stance hasn't changed since the last time im afraid . ,,,,,,,,,, i totally agree with maverick on this

nobody forces you to play fobt's ,,,,,,,, end of

i dont want to sound too harsh and unsympathetic ,,,i do feel sorry for folk,,,,,,,,,,,,,, but people know the risks before betting a single pound

regulate yourselves

i dont care if they put 50 shops in my town centre with unlimited terminals ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,***** NOBODY FORCES ME TO WALK IN *****
Little discipline = BIG issue

thecannonball89

Post by thecannonball89 »

Nobody is forced to gamble no, But addiction is addiction its an illness. Seen it before some woman slotting a 500 whille her 2 kids sit outside the cash area looking in tierd and hungry. Its discusting.
trayhop123

Post by trayhop123 »

your right jack ,,,,,,,,,,,,, im not gonna sit here and try to tell people not to gamble , we all like the occasional munt ,,,,,,,,, ive lost a few quid in roulette and the odd 20pound note in a 500 rainbow. ,,,,,,,,,, (fixed/tamperd or not , thats another issue ,,,,,,i still blame myself , not the shop , and not the government )

but it is about self control ,,,,,,, only betting with what you can afford to lose , knowing theres a high probability you will.

if the average working bloke has paid his bills and put food on the table for his family that week,,, and has say 50quid spare '' disposable entertainment " money ,,,, then fair enough ,,,,,,, why not have a punt ?

i know addiction is real m8

its all about will power and self regulation though

i dont get on with rich too well ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, but i admire that he only blames himself for his actions

harry2

Post by harry2 »

Steak addiction is the next area to be exploited by Wetherspoon's, Lee.
Roulette free since December 2011.
thecannonball89

Post by thecannonball89 »

I dont gamble my self anymore, I aslo would blame myself if i had done my float not the goverment or the bookmakers like you say no one makes you gamble.
Drpepper

Post by Drpepper »

There's a lot of people though who are in effect defenseless to gambling... There's considered to be three types of problem gambler, ones who developed problems due to exposure (or overexposure) at a young age, pathalogical gamblers, and people whose gambling has no causation, either in psychological make up, or situational exposure.

The pathalogical type are fucked, as it's something buried in their psychological core, so if they weren't slotting they'd be on drugs etc... but this is absolutely terrible news for everyone else, and something i can't quite believe, as it's almost pushing the psort of gambling as a leisure activity, and with it breeding a new wave of young gamblers who may in time progress to problem gamblers.
Cf

Post by Cf »

No-one makes people drink alcohol. But if every home in the UK came with additional taps on their sinks that contained lager, wine, etc, i'm sure we'd see many more alcoholics in this country.
Drpepper

Post by Drpepper »

Also...

"It also found that limiting the number of B2 machines in betting shops has encouraged them to cluster in some high streets in order to satisfy customer demand. Local Authorities should have the power to allow betting shops to have more than the current maximum of four B2 machines per shop if they believe it will help to deal with the issue of clustering."

Sorta puts a slightly different spin on it, but do people think it would work? I think it'll just mean that there's the same number of betting shops, all with more machines.
Drpepper

Post by Drpepper »

http://www.publications.parliament.uk/p ... 104.htm#a7

It's there if anyone wants to read it properly, point 58 onwards
trayhop123

Post by trayhop123 »

nice anology cf ,,,,,,,,,,,, your absolutely right lol ,,,,,, there would be many more

but those with willpower/self regulation ,,,,,,,,,, would use it sensibly

trayhop123

Post by trayhop123 »

,,,,,,,, and harry m8 ,,,,,,,, if you have the number for steaks n strippers anonymous it would be greatly appreciated .

im down to 2 a week ,,,,

still eating 10 steaks though :)

Noels Beard

Post by Noels Beard »

It's interesting to hear people defending the government for not protecting members of the public from gambling addiction. It's interesting also to hear self confessed addicts blaming themselves, not the environment. But what is really interesting is when you contrast this anarchistic approach with the governments hard line on drugs, and hear the same public praising the government for their over zealous legislation. If you're gonna let people make a mess of their lives, at least have the decency to let them choose their poison. Drugs, gambling, drink, prostitution...they're all long established elements of a society, promoted or demoted for political gain. To make an arbitrary distinction that one is worse or more damaging than the other is just shooting in the dark: you're never going to get any unbiased research here.

The fact that we've heard that "gambling is more socially acceptable" is the definition of a problem, not the queue for relaxation of what safety we already have.